5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect box battery low

Wlgtv

Reaction score
So got in the truck this morning and had this message on my screen.

Battery of Uconnect box is temporarily low.

any ideas? I had driven it the night before

Thanks

Attachments

• FEA0EDE1-D2CF-4937-A125-D6D08B58A46A.jpeg
    FEA0EDE1-D2CF-4937-A125-D6D08B58A46A.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 281

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There was a TSB added (S2108000125), but I can’t find a remedy for it. Probably a good idea to get the dealer involved.

Reaction score
Just got my truck and the second day I turned it on I got the same message. Let me know what you result was(if any) please, thanks!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The TBM has an internal battery in the module. The vehicle needs to run to recharge the battery. The star case says this is normal for the message to show if the vehicle hasn't been driven in a long time.

Sparcky

Reaction score
Just got this message on my 2022 Limited. Had been driving for 2 hours before it showed up. And truck had only sat for 2 days at the cottage while sledding,

DuckySaurusRex

Reaction score
Just got this message twice today and the radio reset itself twice in a row. And I have been driving this thing pretty much every day since I got it. I guess I'll be making a call

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang ... are all you guys getting this error 2022s?

Reaction score
Dang ... are all you guys getting this error 2022s?
Hasn’t happened on mine again yet since it first came in like the day I got my truck like over a month ago. I did however fill out the Ram Customer Survey that they sent me in which I stated multiple random problems I’ve encountered with things in connection with my display. (Radio FM signal has static at times when it shouldn’t, backup camera spazzed out and flashed a couple times, satellite radio antenna unavailable, whole screen was blank when I parked then put it in drive again). I got a call from them the other day stating they’ve been receiving multiple complaints on issues on the ‘21 and ‘22s about the uconnect and related systems and think they are going to put out an update to the system when they figure out what the bug is in it.

Jusaplaya

Reaction score
This just happened to me today.. I bought my truck last friday afternoon. I haven't drove it since sunday. I got in it this afternoon and the uconnect battery low error was on the screen. I didn't think much of it. I drove up the road about a 1/4 mile and as soon as I made the first turn. The truck died in the center of the road. I put it in park and crank it. The truck would not shift in to drive. I try it 3 or 4 times with no luck. Truck cranks up and then dies when I shift it into drive. Plus every light on the dash is light up. About that time some guy coming the other way decides to yell at me for being stuck in the center of the road. The guy was yelling at me because he had to get maybe a foot off the county road on the left side. I couldn't help the truck was stopped and I was trying to figure it out. I was to the point I was thinking about putting it in neutral and pushing it. Once he finally drove off, I was able to get my thoughts together. I tapped the emergency brake and the truck started going in gear. I have never touched the emergency brake. At that point I disabled the auto start. I had two lights on the dash at that point. One is the check engine light and the other is the windshield washer fluid light. I knew they didn't put washer fluid in the truck. So I drove it to gas station and filled up windshield washer fluid. I pulled negative post on battery for 10 minutes when I got home. Check engine light is now back off. I think I must have killed the 12 volt battery to low messing around with the truck in the yard. I drove it about 15 miles with auto off and 5 miles with auto on. Truck seems to be running really good. I have no more lights on the dash. I have decided not to take it to dealership tomorrow. I think mine was a weak battery.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
This just happened to me today.. I bought my truck last friday afternoon. I haven't drove it since sunday. I got in it this afternoon and the uconnect battery low error was on the screen. I didn't think much of it. I drove up the road about a 1/4 mile and as soon as I made the first turn. The truck died in the center of the road. I put it in park and crank it. The truck would not shift in to drive. I try it 3 or 4 times with no luck. Truck cranks up and then dies when I shift it into drive. Plus every light on the dash is light up. About that time some guy coming the other way decides to yell at me for being stuck in the center of the road. The guy was yelling at me because he had to get maybe a foot off the county road on the left side. I couldn't help the truck was stopped and I was trying to figure it out. I was to the point I was thinking about putting it in neutral and pushing it. Once he finally drove off, I was able to get my thoughts together. I tapped the emergency brake and the truck started going in gear. I have never touched the emergency brake. At that point I disabled the auto start. I had two lights on the dash at that point. One is the check engine light and the other is the windshield washer fluid light. I knew they didn't put washer fluid in the truck. So I drove it to gas station and filled up windshield washer fluid. I pulled negative post on battery for 10 minutes when I got home. Check engine light is now back off. I think I must have killed the 12 volt battery to low messing around with the truck in the yard. I drove it about 15 miles with auto off and 5 miles with auto on. Truck seems to be running really good. I have no more lights on the dash. I have decided not to take it to dealership tomorrow. I think mine was a weak battery.
I found that for the first week unless you drive a lot the battery is not all the way up.
this is because of all the start stops, putting on and off train cars and car carriers and such

what I did was hooked up a battery tender it took over 24 hours to get the green OK light.

I then went on a week trip, when I got home I was not sure when i would drive it again so I hooked up the battery tender again, took just a few hours to get the green OK light.

your mileage might very.

Jusaplaya

Reaction score
I found that for the first week unless you drive a lot the battery is not all the way up.
this is because of all the start stops, putting on and off train cars and car carriers and such

what I did was hooked up a battery tender it took over 24 hours to get the green OK light.

I then went on a week trip, when I got home I was not sure when i would drive it again so I hooked up the battery tender again, took just a few hours to get the green OK light.

your mileage might very.
I drove it today probably 40 miles. The truck ran flawless. I think battery was a little to weak, like you are saying.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drove it today probably 40 miles. The truck ran flawless. I think battery was a little to weak, like you are saying.
i think still good to hook up the charger to top it off, mine at 44k and die last week, all electric working but won't able to crank the car, friend of mine help to jump start. Went home hook up to charger and took it couple hr to fully charge, i drove to work daily about 40mile total. Anyway went ahead and replaced with Duracell AGM H8 battery just to be safe.

Maccam

Reaction score
So got in the truck this morning and had this message on my screen.

Battery of Uconnect box is temporarily low.

any ideas? I had driven it the night before

Thanks
on the 16th i recieved a message"uconnect box needs service"
notified dealer,had to take it in to get an update done on it,
check with your dealer

Nando707

Reaction score
This error just popped up on my 22.

I will be taking the truck in to have the dealer make note of the issue.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine said "uconnect box battery requires service", dealer replaced it under warranty. They told me the uconnect box has an internal rechargeable battery, they think factory had one or more batches that sat on the shelf too long and the batteries don't want to charge properly. I asked if I could have the old box, wanted to open it up and see if the battery is easily replaced, but they said it had to go back. So does that mean that there might be refurbished boxes getting folded back into the supply chain? Not sure what to think about that, just putting it out there FYI.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine said "uconnect box battery requires service", dealer replaced it under warranty. They told me the uconnect box has an internal rechargeable battery, they think factory had one or more batches that sat on the shelf too long and the batteries don't want to charge properly. I asked if I could have the old box, wanted to open it up and see if the battery is easily replaced, but they said it had to go back. So does that mean that there might be refurbished boxes getting folded back into the supply chain? Not sure what to think about that, just putting it out there FYI.
As of right now they are not refurbished. They can call the parts back to examine the part. But yes the box has an access cover for the battery, as of now the battery isn't serviceable from Ram.

igere

Reaction score
Just had the same message yesterday. 1700 miles, less than one month old.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As of right now they are not refurbished. They can call the parts back to examine the part. But yes the box has an access cover for the battery, as of now the battery isn't serviceable from Ram.
Small rant: If not now, when? After the warranty expires? Moreover, who designs something with a replaceable battery and then refuses to replace it, and how do they (presumably) still have jobs? End rant.

Users who are viewing this thread