5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 Glitches

utlong31

Reaction score
My 2022 CarPlay with iPhone glitches all the time plugged in or on Bluetooth. Connects and disconnects and after receiving messages sometimes the volume won’t go back up to normal for music. It’s aggravating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cornelius967

Reaction score
The 8.4" unit in my '22 GT will NOT keep the presets! I'll program 20 presets and two days later they're all gone. Some times it puts in random channels that I've never set as presets. Then a few days later they are gone too.

How hard is it to get a radio to keep presets?? Radios have been keeping presets for over 85 years!!

Wire4money

Reaction score
The 8.4" unit in my '22 GT will NOT keep the presets! I'll program 20 presets and two days later they're all gone. Some times it puts in random channels that I've never set as presets. Then a few days later they are gone too.

How hard is it to get a radio to keep presets?? Radios have been keeping presets for over 85 years!!
I picked up my 22 a month ago. I had lots of issues including resetting presets. It had been reflashed for the recall before I bought it. A week later, I took it in and there was a reflash available. It has been perfect ever since.

RockJock

Reaction score
My 12” has been working very well the last few months. Carplay has been working excellent. Almost hate to say that for fear of jinxing myself after seeing issues others are having.

Only issue I have is the heated seats and steering wheel shortcuts keep disappearing from the upper corners. They would come back after rebooting but then would be gone again the next day. I just kinda gave up on that and accepting that it’s a waste of time. They’re still easy enough to access with one page selection in the controls so it’s not really a big deal.
Change the cluster theme to get the shortcuts to show up. You can put it right back to your preferred theme after you change it and the shortcuts will be there. If my truck only sits a short time the shortcuts will still be there. Every morning after it sits overnight my shortcuts are gone.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2022 CarPlay with iPhone glitches all the time plugged in or on Bluetooth. Connects and disconnects and after receiving messages sometimes the volume won’t go back up to normal for music. It’s aggravating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello Utlong31,

If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score

Cornelius967,

Thank you for providing us your feedback. If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
I picked up my 22 a month ago. I had lots of issues including resetting presets. It had been reflashed for the recall before I bought it. A week later, I took it in and there was a reflash available. It has been perfect ever since.
Wire4money,

If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this issue further for you.

William
Ram Cares

cornelius967

Reaction score
That's good to know. I contacted RAM Cares about it when I first got my truck, but they never mentioned that there was an actual fix for it. I wasn't looking forward to taking it to the dealer only to have them tell me that I'd have to wait for the over the air update. I anticipated that the "over the air" updates would eventually come up with a solution. I'll make an appointment with the dealer now that I know thet there is a solution to the problem.

Any info that you could share about the "reflash" would be helpful. It's often times on the Repair Order paperwork as a "number designation" for the "reflash" (so that the dealer can get warranty reimbursement for their efforts). Thank you.

Mikepoulin

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 with the 12” display. CarPlay glitches non stop. The screen will sometimes randomly fade to gray, or will stay completely black. I’ve done the resets. It’s extremely disappointing because I know the dealership will just say do another reset.
My 2022 ram 1500 with 12 inch does the exact same thing. It also freezes on satellite radio. When it does go black my steering wheel controls still work as does the volume and channel select knob on the dash. It normally stays black until the next day. I’ve had my name to the dealership three times they keep trying yes to solve the issue with no success

RamCares

Reaction score
My 2022 ram 1500 with 12 inch does the exact same thing. It also freezes on satellite radio. When it does go black my steering wheel controls still work as does the volume and channel select knob on the dash. It normally stays black until the next day. I’ve had my name to the dealership three times they keep trying yes to solve the issue with no success
Hello Mikepoulin,

Thank you for grabbing our attention, If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your VIN, along with a photo of your Uconnect software information, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Put your vehicle into the ON or ACC position and perform the following--

Go to “Vehicle Settings” then select “ System
Information” and look for “Version Information”

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread