5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 Glitches

Jakefromstatefarm22

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 with the 12” display. CarPlay glitches non stop. The screen will sometimes randomly fade to gray, or will stay completely black. I’ve done the resets. It’s extremely disappointing because I know the dealership will just say do another reset.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
Do a search, there are plenty of threads on this topic.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 with the 12” display. CarPlay glitches non stop. The screen will sometimes randomly fade to gray, or will stay completely black. I’ve done the resets. It’s extremely disappointing because I know the dealership will just say do another reset.
Hello Jakefromstatefarm22,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM reiterating your vehicle concerns, along with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

Striker01

Reaction score
I turned off software updates over wifi in uconnect and stopped my phone from auto-joining known wifi networks. Has helped with the glitches some and wireless carplay has been actually connecting more often than not lately.

bucolic

Reaction score
I turned off software updates over wifi in uconnect and stopped my phone from auto-joining known wifi networks. Has helped with the glitches some and wireless carplay has been actually connecting more often than not lately.
Yeah, it's a mess. I have asked my dealer 3 times since January if they have a fix yet and they keep saying no. Last week when I had it in for an oil change they said they were expecting a software upgrade in October or November for it. Mine keeps flashing it can't connect to the phone and won't hook up to it. I can plug it in and it goes to Android auto and every once in a while it does connect wirelessly to android auto but rarely.

Wire4money

Reaction score
Uconnect is the worst infotainment system I’ve seen. I have 300 miles on my truck, and have had to do 6 reboots. Today, the unit displayed a frozen picture of what my backup camera saw as I put it in drive. I am getting real good at resetting my presets, and the screen gives a message the screen is shutting down to cool, but never does.

Attachments

• 97317177-A6FF-4566-BBB6-DE1A958DCFE8.jpeg
    97317177-A6FF-4566-BBB6-DE1A958DCFE8.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 6B63F8E7-B8A2-4D3A-BC75-420687FF4BC5.jpeg
    6B63F8E7-B8A2-4D3A-BC75-420687FF4BC5.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 29

bucolic

Reaction score
Uconnect is the worst infotainment system I’ve seen. I have 300 miles on my truck, and have had to do 6 reboots. Today, the unit displayed a frozen picture of what my backup camera saw as I put it in drive. I am getting real good at resetting my presets, and the screen gives a message the screen is shutting down to cool, but never does.
This is new to the 2022 models. My 2016 & 2019 had zero issues. 2022 is a mess!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 12” has been working very well the last few months. Carplay has been working excellent. Almost hate to say that for fear of jinxing myself after seeing issues others are having.

Only issue I have is the heated seats and steering wheel shortcuts keep disappearing from the upper corners. They would come back after rebooting but then would be gone again the next day. I just kinda gave up on that and accepting that it’s a waste of time. They’re still easy enough to access with one page selection in the controls so it’s not really a big deal.

beetlespin

Reaction score
My 2022 8.4 screen needs a reset once in a while. The wireless gets screwed up.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
only issues I run into is when I connect my phone, carplay will connect then disconnect. I have to unplug and plug my phone in multiple times for it to stay connected. Didn't have that issue with my 21 with the 8 inch screen. Not sure if the 12 inch screen is the issue or the uconnect 5. Kind of annoying but overall have had no issues with the system. I mean my USB hub went out the other night but from what I read online, heat can cause it.

Wire4money

Reaction score
only issues I run into is when I connect my phone, carplay will connect then disconnect. I have to unplug and plug my phone in multiple times for it to stay connected. Didn't have that issue with my 21 with the 8 inch screen. Not sure if the 12 inch screen is the issue or the uconnect 5. Kind of annoying but overall have had no issues with the system. I mean my USB hub went out the other night but from what I read online, heat can cause it.
Isn’t the CarPlay wireless? Mine is.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, 2022's have wireless CarPLay and Android Auto. The issue is it doesn't work 99% of the time for Android Auto anyways. Not sure about Apple CarPlay.
had no idea. Really only use it to listen to music via YouTube and what not. Always just plugged my phone into the charging cable of my 21 and it would always connect so I just kind of did the same with the 22.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Yes, 2022's have wireless CarPLay and Android Auto. The issue is it doesn't work 99% of the time for Android Auto anyways. Not sure about Apple CarPlay.
mine works too good, wired or wireless
If I do not have the destination all set before turning on truck it is hard to make changes, as the truck keeps turning on Bluetooth and data and WiFi.

bucolic

Reaction score
mine works too good, wired or wireless
If I do not have the destination all set before turning on truck it is hard to make changes, as the truck keeps turning on Bluetooth and data and WiFi.
Do you have Android or Apple? I have a Samsung phone so it uses Android Auto. The few times mine hooks up wirelessly it is wonderful!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have Android or Apple? I have a Samsung phone so it uses Android Auto. The few times mine hooks up wirelessly it is wonderful!
Samsung Note 20, zero problems Bluetooth connection.

Users who are viewing this thread