5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 Box requires service . . .

mattee

Reaction score
I have an appointment on the 23rd with another dealer who says they have had success with these errors. We'll see how it goes.🤞

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have an appointment on the 23rd with another dealer who says they have had success with these errors. We'll see how it goes.🤞
Keep us updated! Did you you show the dealer the PDF of the TSB? Did the other dealer state what they've done to fix the issue?

mattee

Reaction score
He just said they've had some success with the problem. He did say they have to take the dash apart i'm guessing to get to the telematics box. He said sometimes it's as simple as a bad connection but that they have replaced the box/antenna module/and cables at times. I don't know how they determine what to replace I'm hoping they can figure it out. fortunately mine doesn't give the error all the time. it goes in spurts, it will do it at every startup for a few days then it won't do it for a couple weeks or a month, then it starts again.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
He just said they've had some success with the problem. He did say they have to take the dash apart i'm guessing to get to the telematics box. He said sometimes it's as simple as a bad connection but that they have replaced the box/antenna module/and cables at times. I don't know how they determine what to replace I'm hoping they can figure it out. fortunately mine doesn't give the error all the time. it goes in spurts, it will do it at every startup for a few days then it won't do it for a couple weeks or a month, then it starts again.
Ironically, mine is just the error. Originally, I didn't have the error on startup. THEN, the "uconnect box" did an OTA update. That's what screwed it up, and made that error.
All the functions work fine, including the call button at the top. I can call customer service, roadside service, and ram connect all fine, however, the buttons on the top are always RED (not green).
So, at this point, I think mine is just a software glitch.

Question. Have you tried pushing the blue button on the top and see if it actually works (calls RAM)?
Are your buttons red? Are there any parts of your UCONNECT that do not work?

s8er01z

Reaction score
Hmmmm. just the antenna and the cable? No telematics box replacement required? It would be interesting to see your service order in detail. Can you post it (with personal information redacted)?
I had the radio and tbm replaced prior to this with no change. Hopefully this is what you were after on the service order. IMG_0228.jpeg

mattee

Reaction score
Ironically, mine is just the error. Originally, I didn't have the error on startup. THEN, the "uconnect box" did an OTA update. That's what screwed it up, and made that error.
All the functions work fine, including the call button at the top. I can call customer service, roadside service, and ram connect all fine, however, the buttons on the top are always RED (not green).
So, at this point, I think mine is just a software glitch.

Question. Have you tried pushing the blue button on the top and see if it actually works (calls RAM)?
Are your buttons red? Are there any parts of your UCONNECT that do not work?
When I get the error my buttons at the top are red the whole time I'm driving. I did push the call button and it starts to connect the call but I canceled it. Also when I get the error I noticed that the voice command feature does not work. It will listen but does not execute the command. When I don't have the error my buttons are not lit at all, no red or green.

s8er01z

Reaction score
Good to have as documentation! :) thanks!
Agreed. I know the vehicles are different but the issue seems to present the same and the fix may end up all being the same in the end. I hope they can get it fixed for you guys who are suffering. I’ve had the problem for nearly a year and they are just now replacing parts after months of “there is an update coming” nonsense. 😞

Users who are viewing this thread