5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect 5 Box requires service . . .

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Xchief,

You can PM us on our profile page here: RamCares

Once there, press start conversation to send us a message!

Callie
Ram Cares

Xchief

Reaction score
I'm also getting the "Uconnect Box Error". And now today my ventilated seat option on my 12" radio is gone! Is this all related? I believe I have the latest version S24.13. Funny thing is this all started when my free trial for Uconnect ended. And for some channels on Sirius it says No Internet Signal that had worked before. Again is this all related? Everything was working perfectly up until last week.
UPDATE

Waiting for dealer to get back to me about a date for service where I can get a loaner vehicle. But since my original post Ram Cares has gotten back to me and said I am up to date so I have to contact the dealer for service. Now I lost my ventilated seat controls and AM and FM radio. I jinxed myself two weeks ago talking to a friend that was thinking about buying a Ford and I said this is my 2nd 5th gen and they've both been perfect.

GMetal

Reaction score
Just got a similar warning this morning. Almost 2000 miles and problems. "Battery of Uconnect box requires service"

RamCares

Reaction score
Just got a similar warning this morning. Almost 2000 miles and problems. "Battery of Uconnect box requires service"
GMetal,

If you would like to discuss this further, please send us a PM, we'd be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares

sswails1

Reaction score
Mine is doing this now at 1800 miles. What is the real fix? I left my truck on, without running. Clear view of the sky. Truck actually shuts off if you leave it on.

RamCares

Reaction score
Mine is doing this now at 1800 miles. What is the real fix? I left my truck on, without running. Clear view of the sky. Truck actually shuts off if you leave it on.
Hello Sswails1,

Please send us a PM, our team would like to look further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

Hunter8681

Reaction score
Hello MidnightExpre$$,

Thank you for updating Ram Cares on your experience, we are glad to hear that everything is all working well. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.

William
Ram Cares
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 and have the same problem. If I send you my VIN would you be able to fix the problem for me as well?

RamCares

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 and have the same problem. If I send you my VIN would you be able to fix the problem for me as well?
Hi Hunter8681,

I received your PM and will be happy to check from there!

Steph
Ram Cares

m2kdc

Reaction score
Hey @RamCares! I'm at the dealer for the 3rd time in as many days trying to get them to fix this exact issue. Can you help me out as well? It's very frustrating that they keep just resetting the head unit to make the popup go away and tell me to go. 2022 1500 here. I can PM my VIN.

JVSTBEE

Reaction score
Hey @RamCares! I'm at the dealer for the 3rd time in as many days trying to get them to fix this exact issue. Can you help me out as well? It's very frustrating that they keep just resetting the head unit to make the popup go away and tell me to go. 2022 1500 here. I can PM my VIN.

I’m also experience the same thing—from the dealership experience to the persistent issue with the pop-up. Also looking for any assistance you can provide, [mention]RamCares [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s8er01z

Reaction score
I’m also experience the same thing—from the dealership experience to the persistent issue with the pop-up. Also looking for any assistance you can provide, [mention]RamCares [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We also have it on the Durango side.. I’ve been getting the pop for a year solid now several times a day. Dealership has not been able to fix it despite nearly a dozen trips now (replaced radio, replaced telematics box module and I’m on the most recent firmware). If anyone gets this fixed I would love to know what they figured out. 🍻

Dyeelitt

Reaction score
I’m experiencing the same thing for almost a month. My dealer said it would be corrected with an over the air update. It’s been a month and still no update.

irishwake63

Reaction score
UC5 has been nothing but issues for me it either doesnt respond or starts flashing and has to be reset every few days dealer replaced radio and still does it and they are no help they cant reproduce issue when I am there so they say they cant do anything I show them videos and apparently they think I am lying never again Ram

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has been to the dealer twice since December for this same issue. They did a reset and it was good for about 24 hours and now it is back. Anyone have any advice on a solution that has worked?

mattee

Reaction score
I just got my truck back from the dealer today for this same issue. They have done several software updates, replaced the radio, and today they performed some kind of reprograming procedure on the telematics box which included driving it 10 miles and 5 ignition cycles and the message appeared when I started the truck at the dealership. Service manager said he will start a ticket with Ram engineering so I see what happens from here:(

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just got my truck back from the dealer today for this same issue. They have done several software updates, replaced the radio, and today they performed some kind of reprograming procedure on the telematics box which included driving it 10 miles and 5 ignition cycles and the message appeared when I started the truck at the dealership. Service manager said he will start a ticket with Ram engineering so I see what happens from here:(
They should of replaced the telematica box not the radio.
You can bypass the box if you don't use or want connected services and no more errors.

s8er01z

Reaction score
They should of replaced the telematica box not the radio.
You can bypass the box if you don't use or want connected services and no more errors.
Any idea how much is lost from that? I’m nearly to the point where I’m willing to do anything to stop that message from popping up nonstop.

Users who are viewing this thread