5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

mesalum

Reaction score
Last night I checked and I have S26.17. Last I checked version was Nov 18 and I was at S24.13. I never received a notice that the software had been updated. Is it common not to receive a message about the software being updated? Is there a setting where I might have notices turned off?

Thanks

borant

Reaction score
Last night I checked and I have S26.17. Last I checked version was Nov 18 and I was at S24.13. I never received a notice that the software had been updated. Is it common not to receive a message about the software being updated? Is there a setting where I might have notices turned off?

Thanks
I checked today and found 26.17 too. No notifications unlike to previous FOTA, so it is not your settings but a new bug :)

Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always get a notification. I try to ignore them & push off updates as long as possible but it will eventually do it on its own if it’s within range. I’m on 26.17.

tech97elec

Reaction score
Too soon to tell but, 26.17 for 3 weeks, but screen hasnt gone blank and presets are still there.

However.... still cant seem to get damned media to default to BT? Anyone else have same issue?

Also cant find in this version of firmware the setting for this. I see having the MEDIA/RADIO default to ON, but that means it just powers audio system upon ign cycle. Not what i want.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too soon to tell but, 26.17 for 3 weeks, but screen hasnt gone blank and presets are still there.

However.... still cant seem to get damned media to default to BT? Anyone else have same issue?

Also cant find in this version of firmware the setting for this. I see having the MEDIA/RADIO default to ON, but that means it just powers audio system upon ign cycle. Not what i want.
I am assuming there is some sort of delay between powering on the system and a connection being made to Bluetooth, CarPlay, android auto etc which is why they system defaults to random screens for some people rather than what was used when the truck was last shut down.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am assuming there is some sort of delay between powering on the system and a connection being made to Bluetooth, CarPlay, android auto etc which is why they system defaults to random screens for some people rather than what was used when the truck was last shut down.
Yes, that's what I have found with my truck. It starts with a random screen until CarPlay is connected. Then it "usually" kicks over to CarPlay. But probably 25% of the time, it doesn't - that's the part I don't understand. Electronics should be consistent...either consistently good or bad, but consistent nonetheless.

tech97elec

Reaction score
Even if i leave phone in truck, turn key off, restart, defaults to FM. Annoying. Uconnect should "see" my phone immediately. Im using Pandora, btw

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even if i leave phone in truck, turn key off, restart, defaults to FM. Annoying. Uconnect should "see" my phone immediately. Im using Pandora, btw
Since the usb hub and Bluetooth/wireless networks turn off completely when the truck is shut off your phone and the truck will have to reestablish the connection, which only takes a few seconds but with no load times on the uconnect system the delay is to long and the display changes.

Unfortunately software developers are relying on updates to fix unfinished/untested software way to often nowadays. Not to many video games are released without major issues, and some are published by large software companies. This wouldn’t be the case if over the air updates weren’t available.

I expected issues with uconnect5 as it is brand new. I did not expect it to take so long to send out updates, nor just how many issues there actually were. So far 26.17 is working as intended for me.

mick243

Reaction score
hey @RamCares here in australia with an my22 laramie, am stuck on version s23.13, the uconnect did tell me once that there was an update available - but then didn't update, and hasn't popped up an update screen since. the website where you put in your VIN says I have the latest version - this is clearly wrong.
how do I get the actual current version. the version I have is so crap it makes me want to get rid of an otherwise great truck.

MLB12

Reaction score
I'm going to jump in here with a couple of issues that have come up with updating from 23.13 to 24.13. I've lost the SiriusXM graphics for the 60s(Channel 73) channel, and now with the heated steering wheel graphic I only have one heat setting, not three(High-Medium-Low).

I then updated to 26.15, and the same symptoms are there.

Has anyone else seen either of these happen?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Both my 21 & 22 Rams with UC4 & then UC5 respectively only have off/on for heated wheel. Only seats have 3 settings for heat/vent.

I’m curious why some currently have 26.15 & some have 26.17. 🤔

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Both my 21 & 22 Rams with UC4 & then UC5 respectively only have off/on for heated wheel. Only seats have 3 settings for heat/vent.

I’m curious why some currently have 26.15 & some have 26.17. 🤔
S26.15 was a bootleg copy that was never released over the air. Someone posted it on this forum, and many installed it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

I’m curious why some currently have 26.15 & some have 26.17.

You can enable high/med/low via alfaobd for the steering wheel. Oem/stock its just on or off so that's normal.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
hey @RamCares here in australia with an my22 laramie, am stuck on version s23.13, the uconnect did tell me once that there was an update available - but then didn't update, and hasn't popped up an update screen since. the website where you put in your VIN says I have the latest version - this is clearly wrong.
how do I get the actual current version. the version I have is so crap it makes me want to get rid of an otherwise great truck.
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention on this. Is your vehicle registered in the U.S? please send us a PM with your VIN, our team would be happy to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

tech97elec

Reaction score
S26.15 was a bootleg copy that was never released over the air. Someone posted it on this forum, and many installed it.
Thats not true. I had it in mine and never manually updated anything. At least one other person on here had same version 26.15. RAM said it wasnt released, but it was.

Im running 26.17 now and all seems better except for the annoyances of it forgetting that i just listened to BT, not FM and shows the APPS screen as well on start up, even though it was at HOME screen when turned off truck 5 mins earlier.

These little things should be fixed. Every head unit ive ever had reverted to last played source and screen.

RamCares

Reaction score
I have the S26.17 for 2 weeks now and the air intake temperature gauge is still missing. We customers pay extra for the G/T package to have this feature. Now you are removing it in the update without a reason. I mean come on...
Hello,

We will be sure to take this feedback to our technical team for further investigation. We will update once we get any feedback.

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Hello,

We will be sure to take this feedback to our technical team for further investigation. We will update once we get any feedback.

William
Ram Cares
Can you please send us a PM with your VIN, our team would like to look further into this for you.

Thank you!

William
Ram Cares

RamCares

Reaction score
Add me to the list of missing Performance Pages. Never had a problem before the FOTA this past weekend. They went missing until early this morning, seemed fine then. Got in my truck later this morning they were gone - The Launch page displays, but I when I select it the screen goes blank.

@RamCares , Please pass this on to whomever is in charge of updates, so they can fix it for the next one. It is a shame that these "updates" are forced upon us - This is the first issue I have had with UC5 in 9 months of owning this truck.
Hello,

Can you please send us a PM with your VIN, our team would like to dig further into this matter. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread