5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

jgmac98

Reaction score
I like how you can get a half screen with gauges. I l looked on mine (rebel with offroad pages) and don’t have an option for gauges configured like that only a half screen for pitch and roll which is pretty useless.
It's the performance pages available with the GT package. I find them useful to have displayed especially when I'm towing. The only odd thing is that it seems after the truck is warm, the max and min of the gauges changes, so you could have a 15-20 degree change in coolant temp (i.e. flat land towing then hitting large hills/mountains) but the gauge meter visually doesn't change as much. Once I realized that I don't look at the meter, just the numerical readout

Rebel2022

Reaction score
It's the performance pages available with the GT package. I find them useful to have displayed especially when I'm towing. The only odd thing is that it seems after the truck is warm, the max and min of the gauges changes, so you could have a 15-20 degree change in coolant temp (i.e. flat land towing then hitting large hills/mountains) but the gauge meter visually doesn't change as much. Once I realized that I don't look at the meter, just the numerical readout
Offroad pages has those gauges as well, but for some reason not an option to display them on half screen, only on full screen

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
But what if I have 26.15? Your reply isn't quite clear on if I have 26.15 if I 'qualify' for the automatic update
You should be able to get the update if your vehicle is at 26.15

William
Ram Cares

HemiDude

Reaction score
Add me to the list of missing Performance Pages. Never had a problem before the FOTA this past weekend. They went missing until early this morning, seemed fine then. Got in my truck later this morning they were gone - The Launch page displays, but I when I select it the screen goes blank.

@RamCares , Please pass this on to whomever is in charge of updates, so they can fix it for the next one. It is a shame that these "updates" are forced upon us - This is the first issue I have had with UC5 in 9 months of owning this truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Add me to the list of missing Performance Pages. Never had a problem before the FOTA this past weekend. They went missing until early this morning, seemed fine then. Got in my truck later this morning they were gone - The Launch page displays, but I when I select it the screen goes blank.

@RamCares , Please pass this on to whomever is in charge of updates, so they can fix it for the next one. It is a shame that these "updates" are forced upon us - This is the first issue I have had with UC5 in 9 months of owning this truck.
That's funny that someone with a GT is losing the pages now.
They must of marked your vin as a truck without the GT package so it uninstalled it for no reason, just like it does to my Limited.
That sucks.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's funny that someone with a GT is losing the pages now.
They must of marked your vin as a truck without the GT package so it uninstalled it for no reason, just like it does to my Limited.
That sucks.
Knowing ram they probably removed it because they don’t have some completely unrelated option. Just like they did with the tailgate ajar warning.

HemiDude

Reaction score

Spent a little more time playing around. I can get the PP to show up if I manually change the screen mode from "Dark" to "Light" (or vice-versa) and immediately select Performance. Unfortunately, as soon as something changes on the UC screen (incoming call for example), PP goes blank again. Silly.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Spent a little more time playing around. I can get the PP to show up if I manually change the screen mode from "Dark" to "Light" (or vice-versa) and immediately select Performance. Unfortunately, as soon as something changes on the UC screen (incoming call for example), PP goes blank again. Silly.
You can add "app" shortcuts to your homepage.
If you quickly add the shortcut for performance pages you can see when you have it or not as the shortcut stays there (but the name and icon goes funky)

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sure I just got updated to the 26.17 in Ontario Canada. Had the update message pop up when I got home from work last night. Will check version numbers today.

KurtLaf

Reaction score
Still waiting for the update in Florida. Can someone confirm that you need the AT&T (cellular) plan activated in order to get the update. If not, what is needed (i.e. phone hotspot, connected to home wifi, etc.)?

nitmik

Reaction score
Still waiting for the update in Florida. Can someone confirm that you need the AT&T (cellular) plan activated in order to get the update. If not, what is needed (i.e. phone hotspot, connected to home wifi, etc.)?
It will come across your home Wi-Fi network or any Wi-Fi network you have it connected to.

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
It will come across your home Wi-Fi network or any Wi-Fi network you have it connected to.
I found on mine that the Wi-Fi will not recognize any network that is insecure, such as a public library or Walmart or Sams Club. It will only recognize networks if they have a password.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You do not need a data plan or to be connected to wifi for the truck to get updates. It is always connected to big brother FCA.

Can confirm 26.17 was the update I got last night in Ontario Canada.

TimH

Reaction score
Hello,

How long ago did you get the 26.17? We recommend waiting a few days after the update

William
Ram Cares
I have the S26.17 for 2 weeks now and the air intake temperature gauge is still missing. We customers pay extra for the G/T package to have this feature. Now you are removing it in the update without a reason. I mean come on...

Kooch80

Reaction score
Mine updated a week ago. Got in truck yesterday and now Android auto won't connect. Tried Bluetooth and wired connections, neither works. First issues I'm having with this system.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I have the S26.17 for 2 weeks now and the air intake temperature gauge is still missing. We customers pay extra for the G/T package to have this feature. Now you are removing it in the update without a reason. I mean come on...
Never had the air temp gauge on my GT, didn’t even know it was an option on the n/a Ram until I saw your posts

Users who are viewing this thread