5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

tech97elec

Reaction score
Yep, got mine yesterday too, 26.17. My blind spot mirrors still dont function way theyre supposed too, but hope it fixes some other annoyances. Shall see. Im in Maryland

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, got mine yesterday too, 26.17. My blind spot mirrors still dont function way theyre supposed too, but hope it fixes some other annoyances. Shall see. Im in Maryland
I don’t think Uconnect has anything to do with your blinds spot monitors. That’s a separate issue and your dealer needs to look at it.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Well S26.17 just updated yesterday so we’ll see how it does. Was excited that the performance pages appeared again (enabled with alfaobd a while back) and this time they disappeared while the app was open and I was looking through the screens less than 2 mins after the update. Not complaining, I know they are not supposed to be there but they are pretty cool.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well S26.17 just updated yesterday so we’ll see how it does. Was excited that the performance pages appeared again (enabled with alfaobd a while back) and this time they disappeared while the app was open and I was looking through the screens less than 2 mins after the update. Not complaining, I know they are not supposed to be there but they are pretty cool.
Preformance pages are loaded and work fine on the 22s. Problem is Ram doesn't want to give you access so it remove the app (the radios are running Android)
If you were able to kill the connection to Ram the pages would stay and work normal.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Preformance pages are loaded and work fine on the 22s. Problem is Ram doesn't want to give you access so it remove the app (the radios are running Android)
If you were able to kill the connection to Ram the pages would stay and work normal.
Figured it was something like that. Maybe someone someday will figure a way to make it stick.

TimH

Reaction score
Any1 here with a GT package have their intake air temperature gauge missing after installing the S26.17 update ? Im missing mine and only show 5 gauges instead of 6.

Attachments

• 20221217_231818.jpg
    20221217_231818.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 37

tech97elec

Reaction score
I don’t think Uconnect has anything to do with your blinds spot monitors. That’s a separate issue and your dealer needs to look at it.
Maybe, maybe not, but the settings for it are in the U Connect and theres no other way to control them. Have dealer appt after holiday

LimitedBend

Reaction score
The TSB states for vehicle that have the 24.13/24.18, as long as you're between the 24.13/24.18 with the 26.17, you should be fine.

William
Ram Cares
But what if I have 26.15? Your reply isn't quite clear on if I have 26.15 if I 'qualify' for the automatic update

reapur

Reaction score
Speaking of these updates not fixing stuff, I bought mine in June 22. Whatever that version was, things worked great. After the first updated after that, the headlights quit turning (limited) and the forward/reverse auto braking quit working, and other things like that. Yesterday I got the latest update, and nothing is fixed. I'll take it to the dealer when I get a minute, maybe they can figure it out.
My theory, is that the settings, even tho they show "ON" in settings were disabled somehow and are stuck in that state. I posted in another thread the multitude of issues I'm having.
Once I get it back from the dealer hopefully I'll have a happy update

jgmac98

Reaction score
Any1 here with a GT package have their intake air temperature gauge missing after installing the S26.17 update ? Im missing mine and only show 5 gauges instead of 6.
I'm in Canada and lost the Air Intake Temperature Gauge with the update too.

I understand that updates often fix issues, but with this update they actually REMOVED functionality... it is just a simple gauge, but I'm pretty pissed off that RAM can remove functionality that has been there for just over a year already.

@RamCares is there going to be a new update soon restoring the air intake gauge?

m.auld64

Reaction score
Two questions,

Where can I check the current version on my truck? I looked through the settings, but didn't see this.

Will this update allow 2019 ram 1500 limited use the full 12" display for android auto/carplay?

Thanks!

GMetal

Reaction score
Two questions,

Where can I check the current version on my truck? I looked through the settings, but didn't see this.

Will this update allow 2019 ram 1500 limited use the full 12" display for android auto/carplay?

Thanks!
in vehicle settings its under system information

GMetal

Reaction score
S26.17 still doesn't fix the lower buttons whiting out when pressing home. Does anyone check the code at Uconnect? Full screen Carplay only works if you toggle between media and carplay. They cant code in a fullscreen button? How much time do engineers spend testing this before sending it out?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Two questions,

Thanks!
This thread applies to trucks with the newer Uconnect5. If you have a 2019, then your software will be different (as it is Uconnect4).

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well my heated seat/wheel icons stayed since last night. That’s a plus but we shall see. Last update before this they disappeared again a day later.🤨

Haven’t noticed anything else different so far.

View attachment 146230
These have finally stayed at every start up now so I’m pleased to finally have that fixed. I didn’t have problems with CarPlay connecting before but now it seems to struggle connecting at times but does eventually. Typical update these days…….fix one thing and screw something else up that was working just fine before.🙄

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm in Canada and lost the Air Intake Temperature Gauge with the update too.

I understand that updates often fix issues, but with this update they actually REMOVED functionality... it is just a simple gauge, but I'm pretty pissed off that RAM can remove functionality that has been there for just over a year already.

@RamCares is there going to be a new update soon restoring the air intake gauge?
Hello,

How long ago did you get the 26.17? We recommend waiting a few days after the update

William
Ram Cares

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Update was Sunday Morning
I like how you can get a half screen with gauges. I l looked on mine (rebel with offroad pages) and don’t have an option for gauges configured like that only a half screen for pitch and roll which is pretty useless.

Users who are viewing this thread