5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UConnect 26.15 Update Thread

Roman2179

Reaction score
Through a friend, I was able to get the new 26.15 update installed. Keep in mind, my radio is a retrofit in a 4th gen 1500 so my experience may be different than everyone else's.

The update is being rolled out as an OTA slowly starting with a small set of build dates / VINs. Dealers won't be able to get you the update until your build date / VIN is added to the rollout.

Overall, I did not notice any major differences yet; things might be a smidge more responsive but overall no changes. The heated / vented seat controls are in their right spots but we'll see if they're still there tomorrow or the day after.

****Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any updates that go wrong. Update at your own risk.****
26.15 Update

Update instructions:
  • Download and place the the zip (DO NOT UNZIP) into the root directory of a FAT32 formatted thumb drive.
  • Insert the thumb drive into any of the USB ports in the center console.
  • You will be prompted to install the update.
    • It takes about 10-15 minutes to install.

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Through a friend, I was able to get the new 26.15 update installed. Keep in mind, my radio is a retrofit in a 4th gen 1500 so my experience may be different than everyone else's.

The update is being rolled out as an OTA slowly starting with a small set of build dates / VINs. Dealers won't be able to get you the update until your build date / VIN is added to the rollout.

Overall, I did not notice any really differences yet; things might be a smidge more responsive but overall no changes. The heated / vented seat controls are in their right spots but we'll see if they're still there tomorrow or the day after.
Hello Roman2179,

Thank you for providing us your feedback. Please give it a few days after your software update to see if everything is good. Please send us a PM if you're running into any further issues. We'd be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares

Roman2179

Reaction score
Hello Roman2179,

Thank you for providing us your feedback. Please give it a few days after your software update to see if everything is good. Please send us a PM if you're running into any further issues. We'd be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares
A few days with the update and I have not seen any of my former issues:
  • Heated / Vented seat controls - stay in the upper corners on every start / day. Previously would work for a day then I would need to switch driver profiles to get them back. I would say this is resolved.
  • Compass - The compass would stop displaying on the cluster - had to restart the radio to get it back. So far it was been working correctly but it popped up pretty infrequently on 25.7. For the time being, I would say this is resolved.
  • Screens - Seems to be consistent at starting at the same point as it left off. If I turned off the truck on Media, it starts on the media screen, turned off on "home," starts on "home," etc.
The only issues I have noticed and it's more than likely related to the fact that the radio has been retrofitted into a 2015 truck:
  • Off-road pages - Oil pressure and coolant temperature are not showing up while all the other gauges work.
EDIT: the issues with the gauges not showing data seems to have resolved itself overnight. At this point, I have zero issues with the 26.15 update. Hopefully it stays that way when I add the telematics module.

Last edited:

Dewey

Reaction score
How do you get this update? Is it automatic or do you have to link up and download on WIFI?

Roman2179

Reaction score
How do you get this update? Is it automatic or do you have to link up and download on WIFI?
The link is in the first post. Download and place the the zip (DO NOT UNZIP) on a 32gb or less FAT32 formatted thumb drive. Put the thumb drive into any of the USB ports in the center console and you will be prompted to install the update.

mac424

Reaction score
Pretty large version jump. This is for all Uconnect 5 systems in the Ram?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for providing the download.
Would be nice if Ram actually provided these like any other software company in the world.

Dewey

Reaction score
I tried to download to a thumb drive but kept getting errors and also seemed to think it wasn’t a trusted file.

Roman2179

Reaction score
I tried to download to a thumb drive but kept getting errors and also seemed to think it wasn’t a trusted file.
Make sure you don't unzip the file. Just place the whole zip into the root of a fat32 formatted thumb drive.

Starkhaus

Reaction score
I’m on 22.S23.13 that’s probably pretty behind huh

mac424

Reaction score
Was able to install the update last night. Running stable so far. Overall it seems more polished. I think the outlines on the widget boxes leave something to be desired and they're not expanded to the full real estate of the screen. Still can't add Android auto to the homes screen which is a bummer. Otherwise, everything works. I have a Rebel G/T and all the performance pages work as a side note.

I did have a blank compass until I actually moved the truck so that was my only "oh crap" moment.

Roman2179

Reaction score
Noticed one small issue, when I start the truck, the passenger side temp shows as a couple dashes until an adjustment is made. My temps are set to "sync" so I will have to try it with sync turned off to see if it shows the temperature on startup. The temperature shows correctly after the first adjustment so it's really not much of a problem.

EDIT: Same behavior with sync turned off. Passenger temp shows dashes until an adjustment is made.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m on 22.S23.13 that’s probably pretty behind huh
Only like 2 updates. There's 24.13 and I THINK there might be a 25, but I don't remember.

It's firmware, if it's working good for you don't worry about it as you might gain problems by updating.

You can find the update files and update via usb if you really want to.

Roman2179

Reaction score
Only like 2 updates. There's 24.13 and I THINK there might be a 25, but I don't remember.

It's firmware, if it's working good for you don't worry about it as you might gain problems by updating.

You can find the update files and update via usb if you really want to.
There was a 25.7 that was not released to the public so in this case 23.13 is two behind the latest.

Seconded on the "don't update if you don't have issues" even though I rarely take that advice myself. There is always a risk of fixing some issues but introducing new ones in the process.

Auzzie

Reaction score
Can't seem to get this to work on my 2020 Laramie. I placed the zip file onto my 32 GB Fat 32 drive and it is not unzipped just as it is. I hit the start button twice to run and nothing is happening, I Can see the drive slowly flashing but nothing is happening so i try to click on usb 1 that its plugged into and just says no media found. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can't seem to get this to work on my 2020 Laramie. I placed the zip file onto my 32 GB Fat 32 drive and it is not unzipped just as it is. I hit the start button twice to run and nothing is happening, I Can see the drive slowly flashing but nothing is happening so i try to click on usb 1 that its plugged into and just says no media found. Any thoughts?

Thanks
This update is only for 2022 Uconnect 5 12” or 8.4” with nav radios.

tkabrick

Reaction score
Just to confirm, this update file is the same for both the 12" and the 8.4" with nav and can be used to update either one?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will be taking my truck into the dealer on Monday to hopefully have the radio updated. I have had a lot of connection issues with wireless CarPlay, seems like interference as it’ll happen in the same places in town every time.

I am in Canada, but will make note of the current and hopefully updated version numbers.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
good question. Will this update 26.15 work for the non-American Uconnect5 units? I am also going to the dealer on Monday and told him that I want version 24 (I am now on 23) but now I will ask for version 26 but I think that they will just check online with their system and maybe it doesn't say anything. Is version 26 released officially to public?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/