5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn Signal not turning off

jmr

Reaction score
I had mine replaced yesterday after being on backorder for several weeks. The replacement switch is part # 68545657AC and it works properly.

jpenrod.us

Reaction score
Cbty25 or something, I can't remeber his exact user name, is a mechanic, and said they had a run of defective parts for a few months from the supplier. Very common complaint right now. Not something they will recall, because it's not a true safety item, but they will fix under warranty.
A blinker is without a doubt a safety issue. It is legally required to be manufactured with the vehicle and used while driving. The incorrect use or lack of using a blinker can and does cause accidents, this includes a malfunctioning blinker.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A blinker is without a doubt a safety issue. It is legally required to be manufactured with the vehicle and used while driving. The incorrect use or lack of using a blinker can and does cause accidents, this includes a malfunctioning blinker.
Post #39 should really help you out on the subject.

jpenrod.us

Reaction score
Post #39 should really help you out on the subject.
I appreciate you posting the recall & I'm sure it will help out plenty of people.

Unfortunately I recently purchased a 2020, and looks like it's not eligible.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you leave the stalk in the high beam position it works all the time.

Mine doesn't. Even in the high beam position my left turn signal fails to cancel about 50% of the time. It clicks like it's trying to cancel but it doesn't.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The blinkers work, they just don't shut off. That's nothing they will recall for, but it is warrantied.

Except that was a large part of the reason for the safety recall previously linked. Part of the reasoning listed for the safety recall was "A turn signal which remains active after a completed turn may cause surrounding drivers to misunderstand the intent to change vehicle direction."

BlueRamGT

Reaction score
I had mine replaced yesterday after being on backorder for several weeks. The replacement switch is part # 68545657AC and it works properly.
I had mine replaced and now its making this plastic scraping sound when I use the turn signal. They are telling me that they replaced it with another one and it still makes the sound. Their excuse is that ram changed the part and now it makes that noise. Is yours doing this or is it still quiet and smooth

jmr

Reaction score
I had mine replaced and now its making this plastic scraping sound when I use the turn signal. They are telling me that they replaced it with another one and it still makes the sound. Their excuse is that ram changed the part and now it makes that noise. Is yours doing this or is it still quiet and smooth
Mine is smooth and actually cancels on left turns. Although I like the auto high beam feature so I tend to push the stalk forward into that mode.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Except that was a large part of the reason for the safety recall previously linked. Part of the reasoning listed for the safety recall was "A turn signal which remains active after a completed turn may cause surrounding drivers to misunderstand the intent to change vehicle direction."
Is there a recall? Last I saw, it was only a TSB.

Users who are viewing this thread