5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn Signal not turning off

jmr

Reaction score
If you leave the stalk in the high beam position it works all the time.
Anyone have the dealer resolve this issue? What part was replaced the Multi Function Switch or Clock Spring?

Last edited:

Philth

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Big Horn and it is doing the same thing. Works some times; Doesn't work most of the time.
There's definitely a bad lot floating around out there; my '23 being one of them.

Philth

Reaction score
If you leave the stalk in the high beam position it works all the time.
Anyone have the dealer resolve this issue? What part was replaced the Multi Function Switch or Clock Spring?
Everything that I have read points to the MFS being the problem.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There's definitely a bad lot floating around out there; my '23 being one of them.
Cbty25 or something, I can't remeber his exact user name, is a mechanic, and said they had a run of defective parts for a few months from the supplier. Very common complaint right now. Not something they will recall, because it's not a true safety item, but they will fix under warranty.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same thing happening to me. I just stopped signaling.

Philth

Reaction score
Who knew RAM wantee owners to act like they were driving BMWs.
To be fair, BMW is a maintenance magnet, they are horrible. LMAO

(And Ram is trying to sell to the truck market as the most luxurious...which they seem to be, though its highly opinionated)

DeanM2

Reaction score
Multifunction switch and clockspring are a combined part. Limited availability and on back order.
Do you happen to know the Part Number? I would like to check periodically to see if it is available before I take my truck to the Dealer.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you happen to know the Part Number? I would like to check periodically to see if it is available before I take my truck to the Dealer.
Part number changed recently, new number 68545657AB. No parts available, all orders pended until November 15

DeanM2

Reaction score
Would love to hear from someone that had this problem fixed at the Dealer. So that we know new parts in stock actually fix the problem.

jmr

Reaction score
Every once it awhile it cancels but it's not very often. As other have stated if the stalk is pushed forward in high beam mode then it always cancels.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Would love to hear from someone that had this problem fixed at the Dealer. So that we know new parts in stock actually fix the problem.
Read the post above yours. He's a mechanic, and has done them. He stated in an earlier post, that there was a bad run of parts. Replacement part even has a different number.

MN Gopher

Reaction score
Have this issue. Left hand turns, especially from a stop and accelerating from a stop light, do not deactivate turn signal. Can hear it click as the wheel turns back to normal position, but doesn't deactivate turn signal. Seems like bad switch. MFS + Clockspring are all the same part. On backorder. Dealer ordered, but couldn't provide a timeline. Truck 2023 with less than 2000 miles when it started.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have this issue. Left hand turns, especially from a stop and accelerating from a stop light, do not deactivate turn signal. Can hear it click as the wheel turns back to normal position, but doesn't deactivate turn signal. Seems like bad switch. MFS + Clockspring are all the same part. On backorder. Dealer ordered, but couldn't provide a timeline. Truck 2023 with less than 2000 miles when it started.
Same issue. Just waiting on the dealer to get the part in, it's a bad clockspring.

Pinktacos4me

Reaction score
Took my 3 1/2 month old 2023 limited into the dealer in September for this very issue. They initially said a few days. Now it is the first of the year. Frustrating.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Took my 3 1/2 month old 2023 limited into the dealer in September for this very issue. They initially said a few days. Now it is the first of the year. Frustrating.
If it's just an issue with the turn signal auto cancelling, I'd be asking for my truck back until the new part arrives.

jmr

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat like everyone else waiting on the part.
The workaround is to enable auto high beams and push the stalk forward then it always cancel on left turns.

Philth

Reaction score
Dealer just called me and said that the clockspring/MFS was delivered. They initially told me the 1st of the year several months ago, so I would suspect all those that are waiting will receive their parts soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread