5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn Signal not turning off

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Hey guys, 2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn.

I've noticed my left turn signal is not turning off all the time after turns now. Truck is out of warranty, any ideas?

On a side note - my brake squeal showed up right after warranty expired as well - any know if that is covered under powertrain?

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We regret to see that you're having these concerns with your truck. If you're thinking of having this looked at by your dealer, let us know. We're available via direct message and can help with this process.

Callie
Ram Cares

6of36

Reaction score

I've noticed my left turn signal is not turning off all the time after turns now. Truck is out of warranty, any ideas?

On a side note - my brake squeal showed up right after warranty expired as well - any know if that is covered under powertrain?
Brakes are not part of powertrain. They are a wear item, no coverage. As far as the turn signal, make sure there is nothing interfering with the stalk. I have seen multiple time on "just rolled in" where people came in to the shop with that complaint, only to have something hung on the stalk, and they remove it, and the signal cancels. If nothing is there, the canceling cam probably broke in the steering column. Either part of steering wheel, or turn signal switch.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Brake squeal wouldn't have been covered after 12 months anyways

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Brakes are not part of powertrain. They are a wear item, no coverage. As far as the turn signal, make sure there is nothing interfering with the stalk. I have seen multiple time on "just rolled in" where people came in to the shop with that complaint, only to have something hung on the stalk, and they remove it, and the signal cancels. If nothing is there, the canceling cam probably broke in the steering column. Either part of steering wheel, or turn signal switch.

I searched more on the brake thing and ordered the TSB fix, I will do it my self.

Anyway to test which part may be broken? Looks like the clock spring assembly is $250.

6of36

Reaction score
I searched more on the brake thing and ordered the TSB fix, I will do it my self.

Anyway to test which part may be broken? Looks like the clock spring assembly is $250.
You won't know until you pull it apart, but the clockspring is for the air bag, not turn signals. Turn signal switch is below the clockspring.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You won't know until you pull it apart, but the clockspring is for the air bag, not turn signals. Turn signal switch is below the clockspring.
The turn signal/multifunction switch is part of the clockspring. They are serviced together.

Trex1482

Reaction score

I’ve run into the same issue on mine, 400 miles. I’ve noticed that if the switch is pushed forward for bright lights it works normally. I have had mine into the dealership and they have to order a new switch. On back order until 2024.. really? I’ve have seen in various forums and comments that this is a very common issue. The part is around 300 bucks to buy. I’ll have to live with it for now and let the dealership fix it. With all the issues they may do a recall and even if you’re out of warranty it should get covered.

6of36

Reaction score
I’ve run into the same issue on mine, 400 miles. I’ve noticed that if the switch is pushed forward for bright lights it works normally. I have had mine into the dealership and they have to order a new switch. On back order until 2024.. really? I’ve have seen in various forums and comments that this is a very common issue. The part is around 300 bucks to buy. I’ll have to live with it for now and let the dealership fix it. With all the issues they may do a recall and even if you’re out of warranty it should get covered.
According to member Cbty2050, who is a Mopar mechanic, the parts are plentiful. It's posted in another thread.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to member Cbty2050, who is a Mopar mechanic, the parts are plentiful. It's posted in another thread.
They are depleting fast. There are 2 part #s and 1 is now on backorder.

Philth

Reaction score
Just left dealer. MFS is on back order until the 1st of the year. Lol

Yurii

Reaction score
I have 2021 ram 1500 Laramie the same issues with the turn signal and brake pedal squeal was fixed when I still had the warranty but my warranty expired and it came back. And so many more issues and this weekend it broke down completely it won't start and keep blowing starter fuse really poor quality. Panoramic roof is leaking every time I go through car wash ram customer service told me that the truck is not designed for car washes lol. All the water is causing mold smell and electrical problems. With 52000 is being towed to the dealer tomorrow for exhaust manifold that's leaking and it won't start.

jmr

Reaction score
I bought my 2023 Laramie last week and it's been doing the same thing with left signal not cancelling except this morning it worked fine then stopped again.
I have an appointment in October to get it fixed.

6of36

Reaction score
I bought my 2023 Laramie last week and it's been doing the same thing with left signal not cancelling except this morning it worked fine then stopped again.
I have an appointment in October to get it fixed.
Chances are, with the strike, you won't get parts until after the strike. All parts depots are shut down.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Chances are, with the strike, you won't get parts until after the strike. All parts depots are shut down.
Updated ordering info for dealers, parts will still flow. It's on dealers to know how to order to get parts.
1695733278647.png

DeanM2

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Big Horn and it is doing the same thing. Works some times; Doesn't work most of the time. Always works if the lever if forward (high beams).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread