5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dealer service called me, said the driver side is blowing 69° and the passenger side 60°. They have all but one part, the AC distribution enclosure which will be here tomorrow morning.
They didn't argue or hassle me about anything, just getting it fixed

U

User_3336

Dealer service called me, said the driver side is blowing 69° and the passenger side 60°. They have all but one part, the AC distribution enclosure which will be here tomorrow morning.
They didn't argue or hassle me about anything, just getting it fixed
Should be in the 40's. temp2.jpg

6of36

Reaction score
Actually it depends on the ambient temperature. I don't know the new automotive refrigerant, but for example, in a house system 410A, the drop across the coil is about 22 degrees. The temp will eventually come down, as the inlet air temperature drops. As in, if a house is 100 degrees inside when you turn on the A/C, the air temp out of the ducts will be about 78 degrees, but as the room cools, the air temp out of the ducts also goes down, until the room reaches set temperature, where it will actually be coming out about 22 degrees cooler than the set temp, but shut off.

U

User_3336

Actually it depends on the ambient temperature. I don't know the new automotive refrigerant, but for example, in a house system 410A, the drop across the coil is about 22 degrees. The temp will eventually come down, as the inlet air temperature drops. As in, if a house is 100 degrees inside when you turn on the A/C, the air temp out of the ducts will be about 78 degrees, but as the room cools, the air temp out of the ducts also goes down, until the room reaches set temperature, where it will actually be coming out about 22 degrees cooler than the set temp, but shut off.
Well, we ain't talkin' about 401a, we're talking about R1234yf.

It was around 90 degrees the day that was taken. Humidity was about 15%.

6of36

Reaction score
Well, we ain't talkin' about 401a, we're talking about R1234yf.

It was around 90 degrees the day that was taken. Humidity was about 15%.
That's why I said I don't know about the 1234YF numbers. But all refrigerants will have a designed temperature drop. No A/C is going to put out 40 degree air if the inside temp is 120 degrees. The ambient temperature going through the coil will determine the output temperature. Air conditioning should be run 15 minutes before taking pressure or temperature readings.

BowDown

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck, definitely colder but it's not that hot today, 96°.
It does cool like the 2022 loaner I had. You shouldn't be expecting snow to blow from the vents but I can definitely say that the air is colder than it previously was.

No squeaks or rattles either, there's a small 1" long crease in the dash where it was resting on the seatbelt receiver but that should puff back up

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just picked up my truck, definitely colder but it's not that hot today, 96°.
It does cool like the 2022 loaner I had. You shouldn't be expecting snow to blow from the vents but I can definitely say that the air is colder than it previously was.

No squeaks or rattles either, there's a small 1" long crease in the dash where it was resting on the seatbelt receiver but that should puff back up
Mine is way better since the TSB. Not ice cold like others. I left my hack on there just in case I need it too. Can you measure the temp at the vents?

BowDown

Reaction score
That's about as good as it gets. My left center gets 40. Left gets about 45. Yours its the opposite.

anyway, not complaining. I have to turn it off sometimes it gets kinda chilly.

I did too this morning as well. Definitely different than before

BowDown

Reaction score
Seems about right. Mine are similar FWIR.

I'm satisfied with it, it's much colder than it was and with my windshield being tented with ceramic tent as well as all the other glass, it keeps up just fine. It kept up fine before, it's better now

BowDown

Reaction score
I love the afterwards comment . . . . A/C SYSTEM OPERATING AS DESIGNED AT THIS TIME

Yeah, I'd like to see the details of the TSB on this. One thing I have noticed is that ETOR or Auto start stop definitely does not engage nearly as often as it did previously.
I don't know if it's temperature related or what the parameters are for it now but since the change, auto start stop has not engaged one time with the air conditioner on or the cooled seats. Always says not ready cabin heating/cooling however switch AC off and it's back to normal

U

User_3336

Yeah, I'd like to see the details of the TSB on this. One thing I have noticed is that ETOR or Auto start stop definitely does not engage nearly as often as it did previously.
I don't know if it's temperature related or what the parameters are for it now but since the change, auto start stop has not engaged one time with the air conditioner on or the cooled seats. Always says not ready cabin heating/cooling however switch AC off and it's back to normal
I'd rather autostopstart be off forever. LOL

BowDown

Reaction score
Follow-up on the lates AC TSB
Just got back from the gym and 1st real driving with the AC TSB preformed in real heat. Truck shows 91° already in Frisco, the feels like of 112°, 70% humidity and full sun, no clouds. This AC is ice cold, like turn it down cold. Whatever they fixed/changed, worked, there's no comparison from pre TSB to now.
Anyone debating it, its worth it.

1687792328604.png

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Follow-up on the lates AC TSB
Just got back from the gym and 1st real driving with the AC TSB preformed in real heat. Truck shows 91° already in Frisco, the feels like of 112°, 70% humidity and full sun, no clouds. This AC is ice cold, like turn it down cold. Whatever they fixed/changed, worked, there's no comparison from pre TSB to now.
Anyone debating it, its worth it.

View attachment 161602
That’s awesome news!

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind as has been reported by people on this forum that following the TSB, the cabin “auto climate” with remote start does not work as well as before. The temperature range at which the heat or cool function activates is greatly widened! This may be corrected in the newest TSB, however it is a risk that wasn’t worth it to many. It has also been reported that the temperature do come down considerably with the TSB, however not quite as cold as the hack.

I never could figure why FCA took the shut-off valve out of the system to begin with? Without a shut-off valve, the only thing keeping the heater core temperature from creeping into plenum box is the blend doors! Everyone knows that those doors lose sealing properties over time, not to mention the blend door actuators not fully closing as the actuators start acting up.

Installing a shutoff valve is the least risky and most affective choice.

BowDown

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind as has been reported by people on this forum that following the TSB, the cabin “auto climate” with remote start does not work as well as before. The temperature range at which the heat or cool function activates is greatly widened! This may be corrected in the newest TSB, however it is a risk that wasn’t worth it to many. It has also been reported that the temperature do come down considerably with the TSB, however not quite as cold as the hack.

I never could figure why FCA took the shut-off valve out of the system to begin with? Without a shut-off valve, the only thing keeping the heater core temperature from creeping into plenum box is the blend doors! Everyone knows that those doors lose sealing properties over time, not to mention the blend door actuators not fully closing as the actuators start acting up.

Installing a shutoff valve is the least risky and most affective choice.

I have never used auto climate in my truck, temp is always on low from probably March through Nov then I may move it to 68°-70° so that's a none issue to me. IMO, the biggest risk is/was the same as it always is for me when I take a vehicle in for service, what will they damage?
I don't get the lack of heater control valve either other than it may have saved them a few dollars per vehicle and if they did this fleet wide then it saved them 100's of MM's but, IDK.
Either way, I'm ok with my decision

Users who are viewing this thread