5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artoryn

Reaction score
For those wondering, this is the part 4x4 shifter part number I got for my swap. I haven't gotten to taking the truck apart yet, but hopefully, soon, now that I should have all the parts to do it.

Attachments

• 20240212_214025.jpg
    20240212_214025.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 20240212_214036.jpg
    20240212_214036.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 91

Gsau06

Reaction score
For those wondering, this is the part 4x4 shifter part number I got for my swap. I haven't gotten to taking the truck apart yet, but hopefully, soon, now that I should have all the parts to do it.
FYI
If it’s a Rebel, you’ll need this PN. Yes I’m on the same boat I just haven’t had time.

Attachments

• IMG_1836.jpeg
    IMG_1836.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 80

Joeyjr0912

Reaction score
anyone have any info on the wiring thats needed like what pins are moved and what plug is needed

2021574x4

Reaction score
anyone have any info on the wiring thats needed like what pins are moved and what plug is needed
@Joeyjr0912 - I put the rotary dial in the trash and put in a console shifter. The CAN- & CAN+ are yellow- and grey+ position 8 & 9 on the electric shifter. I pulled those from the back of the rotary dial. Then red/yellow (position 1) is power & position 10 is ground. You have two left, private *RAM, white/brown CAN- & white/orange to CAN+. My notes say "private CAN bus goes straight to the transmission connector".

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Joeyjr0912 - I put the rotary dial in the trash and put in a console shifter. The CAN- & CAN+ are yellow- and grey+ position 8 & 9 on the electric shifter. I pulled those from the back of the rotary dial. Then red/yellow (position 1) is power & position 10 is ground. You have two left, private *RAM, white/brown CAN- & white/orange to CAN+. My notes say "private CAN bus goes straight to the transmission connector".
Write up with pictures is necessary here

Gsau06

Reaction score
I'll take pics and clear up the writing. I was half asleep when I posted. I'm on it.
Were you able to sort out the wires? It will be greatly appreciated! I’ve asked around and haven’t found luck.

billfraley

Reaction score
So, I swapped out my Bighorn seats for TRX seats. The seats came with the console. I took pictures of the wiring from the TRX console and the wiring from truck. I also took pictures of the rotary shifter connections.

What I learned is that the wires on the rotary shifter, and the wires missing from the truck feed to the console, appear to be the same. I am pretty confident that it is possible to make a harness that adapts the existing truck wiring to the OEM console harness that includes a console shifter.

Anyone know how we can get the pieces to make this happen?

Attachments

• IMG_2833.jpeg
    IMG_2833.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2834.jpeg
    IMG_2834.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2835.jpeg
    IMG_2835.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2831.jpeg
    IMG_2831.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2832.jpeg
    IMG_2832.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2830.jpeg
    IMG_2830.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2829.jpeg
    IMG_2829.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 10

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, I swapped out my Bighorn seats for TRX seats. The seats came with the console. I took pictures of the wiring from the TRX console and the wiring from truck. I also took pictures of the rotary shifter connections.

What I learned is that the wires on the rotary shifter, and the wires missing from the truck feed to the console, appear to be the same. I am pretty confident that it is possible to make a harness that adapts the existing truck wiring to the OEM console harness that includes a console shifter.

Anyone know how we can get the pieces to make this happen?
@Jimmy07

billfraley

Reaction score
More confirmation that these wires can be repinned to enable the console shifter

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-07-12 13-10-53.jpeg
    Screenshot from 2024-07-12 13-10-53.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 13

billfraley

Reaction score
I can confirm that pinning the body to console harness pin to pin worked. I did not have to connect the black wire from the rotary knob connector though. I now have a functional console shifter. I built a temporary harness to confirm. Still need the proper connectors and harness pins to create a permanent harness.

With this method, there is no need to change the transfer case control. You just have to disconnect the rotary shifter harness and redirect it. I am going to make a vinyl piece to cover the rotary indicator and the knob will just be dead.

I am still messing with AlfaOBD. Will have more feedback on this later.

Last edited:

billfraley

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what harness pins I need to buy for the OEM console harness connector? I know they are 1.5 female but there are many variations for the actual pins.

billfraley

Reaction score
So, the S mode on the shifter is still not functional. Played around with some AlfaOBD settings and I have only been able to get it to recognize the shift over to S mode. This happens by simply choosing 5 POS rotary eshifter PRNDS. It doesn’t even light up when using the default 4 POS setting. The cluster also reacts to the shift to S mode by light up all the PRND letters. So the action is recognized but not acted on. See pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2855.jpeg
    IMG_2855.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2856.jpeg
    IMG_2856.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2857.jpeg
    IMG_2857.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 7

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, the S mode on the shifter is still not functional. Played around with some AlfaOBD settings and I have only been able to get it to recognize the shift over to S mode. This happens by simply choosing 5 POS rotary eshifter PRNDS. It doesn’t even light up when using the default 4 POS setting. The cluster also reacts to the shift to S mode by light up all the PRND letters. So the action is recognized but not acted on. See pics.
Because the factory TCM doesn't have the S mode like the TRX. You can't make it full functional without additional parts or programming

billfraley

Reaction score
Because the factory TCM doesn't have the S mode like the TRX. You can't make it full functional without additional parts or programming
yeah, I wasn’t expecting it to perform like that. But I read somewhere it would do the gear limiter functions instead. So I am not sure how that should be programmed, or if it really is possible.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
yeah, I wasn’t expecting it to perform like that. But I read somewhere it would do the gear limiter functions instead. So I am not sure how that should be programmed, or if it really is possible.
Considering the gear limit switches are on steering wheel, probably more wiring to get those to work.

billfraley

Reaction score
Considering the gear limit switches are on steering wheel, probably more wiring to get those to work.
I agree, just letting people know that it will take more than just programming for that too. Atleast on a BigHorn body harness.

Users who are viewing this thread