5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

albertoh1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics or video that they can post on the mopar tonneau cover 82215225ad. This appears to be the only OEM Hard Tonneau Cover available for my truck but there are almost no pics or videos of this product. The few pics I have found the cover looks a little too glossy for my taste. Are there any other Mopar/OEM hard tri-fold Tonneau Covers available aside from this one?

I also wanted to get people's opinion on the Bakflip MX4. Does it do a good job at preventing water from entering bed? (live in Miami so this is important).

Any opinions on which Hard Tri-fold covers are best? It needs to provide full access to bed and I would like to open and close tailgate without lifting cover. I have the multi-function tailgate and the rambox so it appears that my options are limited.

Denali

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics or video that they can post on the mopar tonneau cover 82215225ad. This appears to be the only OEM Hard Tonneau Cover available for my truck but there are almost no pics or videos of this product. The few pics I have found the cover looks a little too glossy for my taste. Are there any other Mopar/OEM hard tri-fold Tonneau Covers available aside from this one?

I also wanted to get people's opinion on the Bakflip MX4. Does it do a good job at preventing water from entering bed? (live in Miami so this is important).

Any opinions on which Hard Tri-fold covers are best? It needs to provide full access to bed and I would like to open and close tailgate without lifting cover. I have the multi-function tailgate and the rambox so it appears that my options are limited.

The Mopar cover is the Bakflip Fibermax just relabeled for Mopar. Should be more youtube videos on the Fibermax than the Mopar. The Mopar cover has the updated rear seal like the MX4, so you can open and close the tailgate without opening the cover. I have the Mopar cover on my Limited with Ramboxes -- works fine. It is glossy, not matte finish. I like that it's glossy and textured, as it is far less prone to showing scuffs and scrapes - the snow will sweep off easier too and no broom bristle marks. Also when folded up it doesn't block the rear view mirror camera (if you have one).

Ducky5

Reaction score
Did you buy the brackets or is bakflip coming out with one for MFT?
I haven't bought anything, I have whatever came standard on the Limited. I'm sure as more trucks are built with the MFT they will come out with a hard cover to support it.

JoeI21

Reaction score
You don't need the brackets if you have both the MFT and the Ram Boxes. I have them both with the MX4 and no brackets.
i was under the interpretation you needed to change out the brackets or it would cause damage over time to the mft or the bed of the truck as a whole. any insight?

BNeal

Reaction score
i was under the interpretation you needed to change out the brackets or it would cause damage over time to the mft or the bed of the truck as a whole. any insight?
This is exactly the way my truck came from the factory, so before I put the cover on - no brackets.

1659627103657.png

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score

When you have RamBoxes, there are no brackets. The support that the MFT needs is internal to the RamBox bedwalls.

So, for the OP, since he has RamBoxes, having the MFT does not affect his choices of covers.

I just ordered a cover from Bak today. The guy specifically told me that their website is messed up, because it won't let you order when you have RamBoxes and MFT, but their covers that work with RamBoxes don't care whether you have a MFT or not. It's just a bug in their ordering through their website.

For the OP, none of the covers that are flush to the top of the bed on a RamBox truck are going to be 100% waterproof. You can do your own job of sealing it all up with weather stripping and maybe some expanding foam squirted into some strategic locations, and get it to probably 95%+ waterproof.

Even the covers that sit on top, instead of being flush, are not going to stop water coming in around the tailgate - especially a MFT. Again, you can improve it a lot with some weatherstripping and elbow grease.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh, and I had a Bak Flip (earlier gen of the MX4) on my 4th Gen RAM (2009) for 10 years. It was still on there when I traded it in, in 2019.

That thing was pretty much flawless for 10 years. And, as I learned this week, Bak customer service is awesome.

So, with what I already posted about not being 100% waterproof as a caveat, I'd say you can't really go wrong with a MX4 (if you want a tri-fold). I changed from the tri-fold to a Revolver X4 on my 2019 and liked it much better. I just got a 2021 and just ordered a new Revolver for it. The hard tri-fold was great. But, I like the roll-up better.

Users who are viewing this thread