5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transmission falling out of Drive on downshift, blinking, displaying "shift to P" and back

CajunHeat

Reaction score
Well, I'm joining the club.

Have 60k miles on my 2019 Limited 4x4 and just started doing the Neutral drop thing. Sent a DM to @RamCares because after reading ALL 31 PAGES, the only real fix seems to be pulling the throttle body and cleaning it. Still on the fence about that because other members had the throttle body replaced and the problem reoccurred. What the hell, might as will try it as I already have a catch can installed. Wish me luck.
Pulled the throttle body and cleaned it today. Wasn't really dirty but cleaned it anyway since I had it off. Did the throttle body position reset procedure, think it was the right one. Took it for a very short drive but time will tell if this helps. Will report back if it did or not.

If you are hesitant about pulling the throttle body, don't be. It is right in front of the intake and took a total of 20 minutes to remove, clean and reinstall. And that was taking my time.

Users who are viewing this thread