5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System

adrenaline66

Reaction score
So all parts came in today including @Jimmy07 custom harness which is super nice. I will be towing this weekend but don't have time to get everything done to get a true run. I did however install the rear custom harness and the rear sensor. There are holes in that location in the diagram earlier posted that line up with the sensor and I used that spot. They are just holes with no threads so zipties in the meantime will do or be permanent. I'll have to get to the cab module and find where that goes later next week.

Here are some current pics.

View attachment 88714

This spot is located behind the bumper area at the right side of where the license plate is. The top two holes were a perfect match for the sensor.
View attachment 88715

Got the main harness down and opened it up.
View attachment 88716 View attachment 88717

Removed the plugs and inserted the wires from the custom harness in their position. I already had a wire in spot 16 so I was informed to place that one in the 35 spot.
View attachment 88718 View attachment 88719

Back to factory look except for the new harness coming from it.
View attachment 88720

Sensor strapped in position with new harness connector.
View attachment 88721

Excess wire zip tied up.
View attachment 88722
Was there a trick to releasing the harness? The white connectors, did they come apart easily or did they break?

db252

Reaction score
Was there a trick to releasing the harness? The white connectors, did they come apart easily or did they break?
All parts came apart easily when pressing the release to each clip. If you’re referring to the tabs that hold the connector to the body, I just used a pry tool which is used on securing pin removal.

adrenaline66

Reaction score
Alright, I’m a little lost here: How do you release the seat backs forward? My bottom cushions fold up, but not sure how to release the seat backs? What about the harness on the bumper, how difficult was it to release? I’m just worried about breaking the white clips. TIA.

db252

Reaction score
If you reach down from the top and behind of each side rear seat, you’ll feel a small cable that you’ll want to pull sideways (I believe toward the passenger side) and it will release the lock for the seat back to fold forward some.
You’ll just want a good pry tool to separate the clip from the body so they don’t break and allow to be pushed right back into position.

adrenaline66

Reaction score
I’ll look into that, thanks. By body, are you talking about the clips inside the cab or on the bumper? I tried to take a pic of the bumper harness on top to see what wasn’t visible, but had no luck, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

db252

Reaction score
I’ll look into that, thanks. By body, are you talking about the clips inside the cab or on the bumper? I tried to take a pic of the bumper harness on top to see what wasn’t visible, but had no luck, lol.

I was referring to the clips attached to the framing that holds the main harness in place near the bumper.

dh66

Reaction score
Not sure if my truck is different b/c of the eTorque system but the connector behind the rear seat was right behind a little flap in the carpet approx in the center. Other the flipping the base of the seat up - didn't have to do anything else to get access.

AwesomeRebel

Reaction score
I suppose that if my truck already has this adaptor behind the rear seat I will NOT need to buy the “68412666AA - Jumper Cable for TIM Module”?

4592d40dbd9f364864c3fc4951a34416.jpg

eeba7343465d68039a88f7c910aac4ff.jpg

42aeb7a65304dcaaf53715eac5041e04.jpg

f48b13ef63747e26a5b984c83291cfa5.jpg

AwesomeRebel

Reaction score
So all parts came in today including @Jimmy07 custom harness which is super nice. I will be towing this weekend but don't have time to get everything done to get a true run. I did however install the rear custom harness and the rear sensor. There are holes in that location in the diagram earlier posted that line up with the sensor and I used that spot. They are just holes with no threads so zipties in the meantime will do or be permanent. I'll have to get to the cab module and find where that goes later next week.

Here are some current pics.

View attachment 88714

This spot is located behind the bumper area at the right side of where the license plate is. The top two holes were a perfect match for the sensor.
View attachment 88715

Got the main harness down and opened it up.
View attachment 88716 View attachment 88717

Removed the plugs and inserted the wires from the custom harness in their position. I already had a wire in spot 16 so I was informed to place that one in the 35 spot.
View attachment 88718 View attachment 88719

Back to factory look except for the new harness coming from it.
View attachment 88720

Sensor strapped in position with new harness connector.
View attachment 88721

Excess wire zip tied up.
View attachment 88722

@db252 can you please reconfirm the part number for the Gateway Module? When I look for it online the picture shows something that is slightly different than what you show in your picture. I get an image of a gateway that has 2 plugs and 3 mounting holes. Weird… hope you can help! (See attached image)

86be5ab09a9b9d0972ad8ac54a1312a0.jpg

db252

Reaction score
@db252 can you please reconfirm the part number for the Gateway Module? When I look for it online the picture shows something that is slightly different than what you show in your picture. I get an image of a gateway that has 2 plugs and 3 mounting holes. Weird… hope you can help! (See attached image)

86be5ab09a9b9d0972ad8ac54a1312a0.jpg

That is the correct part number. Plenty of times pictures shown for reference on parts are not how they actually appear.
In regard to the the jumper cable, I did have an existing one also that will not connect to the module. Go back and compare pics of my earlier post and look at the connector that goes into the module. If they look exactly the same you might be good but wasn’t the case in my experience.

turbofastdad

Reaction score
Question: Does anyone know if the small 3" instrument cluster displays the trailer image with air pressure once this is installed and enabled? Or will i also need to upgrade instrument cluster?

fdreyno

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these same parts will work with a 2022 RAM 3500? Initially I was going to use TST 507 system based upon how the integrated RAM TPMS system worked but now I have researched more I wish the truck had it integrated!

Beardslow

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Rebel with the trailer TPMS and was thinking about doing this to my wife's 2021 Laramie. I was wondering if anyone has tried the same trailer with sensors on multiple vehicles yet. Do you have to constantly resync the sensors to each truck? Or can they be synced once and the radio frequency from the sensors saved to each truck? I primarily tow with my Rebel but every now and then she pulls our car hauler. It would be nice if she didn't have to reprogram the sensors each time she hooked up to it.

justintyler101

Reaction score
Has anyone found the correct jumper for gateway module in the 2021 1500? I ordered all of the correct part numbers listed however the gateway module has two connectors, not one large connector.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone found the correct jumper for gateway module in the 2021 1500? I ordered all of the correct part numbers listed however the gateway module has two connectors, not one large connector.
The correct jumper is 68412666AA. The correct gateway is 68493608AA. If you have a gateway with two connectors on it, check the part number on the label. Sounds like you may have gotten the regular truck security gateway module.

justintyler101

Reaction score
Oh okay, I see. So more than likely the wrong part was sent to me. Thank you so much for confirming.

Users who are viewing this thread