5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System

bambamram

Reaction score
I have a 2020 new body 1500 eco diesel, and I could not find the trailer tpms config in Alpha OBD using any of the different body computer control units available.

19-20 1500 owners might be out of luck, unless I missed something in Alpha OBD.

On that note, if anyone wants the TTPMS setup, I have everything…. PM me.

TravelRam

Reaction score
Does anyone know: in my new 2022, I have the Trailer Tire Pressure setup screens showing on my radio, and I can go through them all the way to the "Start" button to start the sensor pairing process. Does this mean that I have everything but the tire sensors in my truck ready to go?

dmitriy

Reaction score
Does anyone with the pigtail present have the part number for the rear fascia wiring harness?

(that also includes parking assist & blindspot monitoring. Anything else I may be missing?)

EDIT: does anyone know if this is the correct part number for the Rear Fascia Harness that has park assist, Trailer wiring, and TTMPS connectors - 68488381AB

EDIT#2: or perhaps it’s 68475607AA (found by doing a window sticker lookup via VIN of a truck with all the features…. ) ughh do I take the plunge??

Last edited:

dmitriy

Reaction score
Ughh sensors are in what a pita…. At least I didn’t have to remove the tires all the way off….
Now for that little 4 wire jumper to the harness for the receiver (or getting the OE factory rear fascia harness):

F56B8CB7-5549-4B7B-87B2-9ECAD04C91F4.jpeg 5C2784B7-122F-4AB4-A119-E511A019FBB7.jpeg 9A4F7732-3A2A-4E97-AB8D-534EBE00548D.jpeg FB8F8D5C-B981-4EF5-BEB5-6D8E9F42B4D1.jpeg 93D40E3D-2038-44CC-B528-4EAAE74B5EB8.jpeg

Sasquatch0310

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully retrofitted the TTPMS system to a 2022?

I ordered all of the parts below, installed them, and reprogrammed using AlfaOBD. I can’t get the sensors to pair… tried with the trailer connected and without it, tried engine off vs ignition in the run position, tried letting 5psi out vs a continuous pressure release.

Part numbers:
68493608AA - Gateway Module Trailer tire pressure monitoring sys. interface
68412666AA - Jumper Cable for TIM Module
68375990AC - Wireless Control Reciever
I had Jimmy007 on this forum make me a harness to pug into the rear harness as i did not have the plug for the wireless receiver.
68433188AA - TPMS Sensor Kit (4)

Doing some further research, it seems the wireless control receiver has changed on the 2022 models. It should be 68526635AB. Anyone used this new wireless control receiver when retrofitting TTPMS on their 2022 and been able to get the sensors to pair?

jcanzo86

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully retrofitted the TTPMS system to a 2022?

I ordered all of the parts below, installed them, and reprogrammed using AlfaOBD. I can’t get the sensors to pair… tried with the trailer connected and without it, tried engine off vs ignition in the run position, tried letting 5psi out vs a continuous pressure release.

Part numbers:
68493608AA - Gateway Module Trailer tire pressure monitoring sys. interface
68412666AA - Jumper Cable for TIM Module
68375990AC - Wireless Control Reciever
I had Jimmy007 on this forum make me a harness to pug into the rear harness as i did not have the plug for the wireless receiver.
68433188AA - TPMS Sensor Kit (4)

Doing some further research, it seems the wireless control receiver has changed on the 2022 models. It should be 68526635AB. Anyone used this new wireless control receiver when retrofitting TTPMS on their 2022 and been able to get the sensors to pair?

Oh no! I hope this isn't the case. I have a 2022 Limited and I've ordered all the same parts you have as well as having Jimmy build me a harness. I'm just waiting for my SGW Adapter to arrive before doing this install. I have half a mind to order the other wireless sensor just in case I run into the same problem.

jcanzo86

Reaction score
Does anyone know: in my new 2022, I have the Trailer Tire Pressure setup screens showing on my radio, and I can go through them all the way to the "Start" button to start the sensor pairing process. Does this mean that I have everything but the tire sensors in my truck ready to go?

If you have the Tire Pressure Screens and are able to start the pairing procedure you likely have everything you need. the package of sensors should be in your lower glove box and will need to be installed in your trailers wheels.

Sasquatch0310

Reaction score
Oh no! I hope this isn't the case. I have a 2022 Limited and I've ordered all the same parts you have as well as having Jimmy build me a harness. I'm just waiting for my SGW Adapter to arrive before doing this install. I have half a mind to order the other wireless sensor just in case I run into the same problem.
FYI - I was able to pair the TTPMS sensors this morning with the new/‘22-specific wireless control receiver (68526635AB).

Maybe a moderator can update some of the parts lists sprinkled throughout this thread so that others don’t order the incorrect parts for TTPMS retrofit on their 2022.

jcanzo86

Reaction score
FYI - I was able to pair the TTPMS sensors this morning with the new/‘22-specific wireless control receiver (68526635AB).

Maybe a moderator can update some of the parts lists sprinkled throughout this thread so that others don’t order the incorrect parts for TTPMS retrofit on their 2022.
Thanks for the confirmation, I ordered the updated wireless sensor after you posted about it, going to finish up my installation this weekend and send the original receiver back.

appreciate you sharing the information!

Mikeyv70

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 limited with a harness 68488374ab on the bumper. Does anyone know which harness is good or do I need the modified one.

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
Just installed all the parts listed above on a 21…. Easy install, wiring harnass from Jim made it super easy… activated with AlfaOBD , everything seems to work …… would be nice if we could display truck and trailer tires all in one spot….. but either way, worth the $$
Pete

DirectJH

Reaction score
I would say yes. Before buying any hardware, I would enable the three settings with AlfaOBD to make sure the cluster brings up the TTPMS screen, and the BCM logs a fault because of the missing hardware. I just noticed the OP has a 2019, so the wiring definitely won’t be there, but an add-on harness can be easily built and integrated.
What are the three settings with AlfaOBD to make the cluster brings up the TTPMS screen? I'm new to this AlphaOBD.

DirectJH

Reaction score
What are the three settings with AlfaOBD to make the cluster brings up the TTPMS screen? I'm new to this AlphaOBD.
Thank you, I tagged off of that one. I have a 2022. You would think Ram would include it in all their tow packages. Why do they put the coil springs to the inside of the frame but with air suspension to the outside?

CatServant

Reaction score
I finally had sensors installed in my travel trailer tires. Discount Tire only charges $12 per tire.

dmitriy

Reaction score
Finally had a chance to install all my parts made the rear adapter based on some pics in this thread, Thank you.
In case you want pins for the big connector in the main wiring harness:
& this is for the receiver end:
You need about ~30-35" of wire between the 2.

Like everyone else mentioned pairing just need to keep letting air out until the horn beeps (about 20-25 seconds in my case).

Oh and with AlfaOBD if you have the ObdLINK MX+ you can do the 2017 radio module reset twice in a row to get the radio to pop up the menu quicker then waiting overnight.

driving mustangs

Reaction score
@dmitriy - I want to build my own harness. Thanks for this info on the parts. Would you happen to have the details of the wiring from the receiver end to the pin location in the big main harness ? ?

dmitriy

Reaction score
@dmitriy - I want to build my own harness. Thanks for this info on the parts. Would you happen to have the details of the wiring from the receiver end to the pin location in the big main harness ? ?
You can check this post here to check out the colors of the wire where they go:

1 to 25
2 to 16/35
3 to 26
4 to 27

Manny-cdjr

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Trailer TPMS is something that can be added fairly easily? I have the Laramie with 8" screen, TPMS for the truck and backup camera.
Hey Glenn, could you add The TTPMS finally?

Manny-cdjr

Reaction score
I finally had sensors installed in my travel trailer tires. Discount Tire only charges $12 per tire.
Hey buddy

Could you confirm parts numbers for the 2022 Ram? I checked one 2022 big horn with tow package included form factory and only the gateway interface was the same part number.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread