5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Ram8472

Reaction score
Curiosity, what is the difference? All other tpms sensors are interchangeable between manufacturers, as long as the frequency is correct. The only thing I could see, would be signal strength, to send to a farther away receiver.

"All other tpms sensors are interchangeable between manufacturers" not correct OEM tpms sensors are specific to year+make+model
some can be make+model with many years from my experience with Ram and Dodge .

As an example there are many for our RAM trucks
RAM DT are the same for 2019-2023
RAM DS \ Classic 2013-2023 then 2010 -> including some 2013\2014 overlap are different

If you are talking about aftermarket TPMS , then yes some work for most cars , some are even both 315MHZ and 433MHZ

For the RAM TrailerTPMS they scan as a ~ 2014-19 Mercedes TPMS , they will pair with my truck but the air pressure is reported
as 20 psi higher than it really is.

A second problem i had was the truck ( Canadian 2022 BH ) lost the config as soon as the truck was shut off , was thinking this was
due to an old version od the UC5 as it was at version MY22.S21C.6-PROD , I have not tried again since it recently did an OTA update to MY22.S23.13-PROD

Last edited:

Ram8472

Reaction score
"All other tpms sensors are interchangeable between manufacturers" not correct OEM tpms sensors are specific to year+make+model

RAM DS \ Classic 2013-2023 then 2010 -> including some 2013\2014 overlap are different

If you are talking about aftermarket TPMS , then yes some work for most cars , some are even both 315MHZ and 433MHZ

For the RAM TrailerTPMS they scan as a ~ 2014-19 Mercedes TPMS , they will pair with my truck but the air pressure is reported

A second problem i had was the truck ( Canadian 2022 BH ) lost the config as soon as the truck was shut off , was thinking this was
due to an old version od the UC5 as it was at version MY22.S21C.6-PROD , I have not tried again since it recently did an OTA update to MY22.S23.13-PROD

****** UPDATE ******* Autel MX-Sensor universal TPMS can be programed to work with UC5 on a 2022 BH as a TTPMS
While gathering the RAM TPMS info my Autel TS508 TPMS Scanner\Programmer told me it had not been updated for greater than 6 months.
So i did the update and now i find i have all of the 2023 entries, and one new one "Dodge RAM Trailer"
I reprogramed the Autel MX-Sensor TPMS sensors i have installed in my box trailer tires, paired them with the truck and they now have the correct tire pressure !
I changed to trailer #1 from #2 , and back and poof they were all gone again !
Then i tried a trick i saw on the HDRAMS site, changed the active trailer to the unused Trailer #4 , and back to #2 and the config was back again ( just love UC5 )

**** Update #2 *****
CdnHO over on HDRAMS.COM found the same thing tested and posted earlier today

Last edited:

GDA87

Reaction score
Which mean i will have to drill 4 holes to install Trailer TPMS sensor?

I haven't pull my trigger on the extra hardware yet(yes my Ram does not come with the system)

Do you guys think it worth the cost?

Should i just go for cap type aftermarket one?

Thanks!

GDA87

Reaction score
Try parking the Jeep right behind, and try pairing them to see. They would have to be proper frequency to have a chance. I haven't gotten an answer as to what would be different, as long as frequency matches. Let us know.
I haven't pull my trigger on the extra hardware yet(yes my Ram does not come with the system)

If the system works with Jeep one then my cost is much lower.
Thanks!

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I see that they are not all interchangeable, but many are. I found that there are about 30 different ones for the 5,000 different makes and models.

6of36

Reaction score

If the system works with Jeep one then my cost is much lower.
Thanks!
If the truck doesn't have the system, it would be much easier and cheaper to go aftermarket for a vehicle being towed. A lot of motorhomes do that.

GDA87

Reaction score
****** UPDATE ******* Autel MX-Sensor universal TPMS can be programed to work with UC5 on a 2022 BH as a TTPMS
While gathering the RAM TPMS info my Autel TS508 TPMS Scanner\Programmer told me it had not been updated for greater than 6 months.
So i did the update and now i find i have all of the 2023 entries, and one new one "Dodge RAM Trailer"
I reprogramed the Autel MX-Sensor TPMS sensors i have installed in my box trailer tires, paired them with the truck and they now have the correct tire pressure !
I changed to trailer #1 from #2 , and back and poof they were all gone again !
Then i tried a trick i saw on the HDRAMS site, changed the active trailer to the unused Trailer #4 , and back to #2 and the config was back again ( just love UC5 )

**** Update #2 *****
CdnHO over on HDRAMS.COM found the same thing tested and posted earlier today
Could this sensor work with Jeep?

I have another question which is Could the sensor pair with two computers?

E.G. paired with Ram Trailer TPMS and Jeep TPMS , Work with Ram Trailer TPMS while flat towing ,and go back to Jeep TPMS while disconnected?

GDA87

Reaction score
If the truck doesn't have the system, it would be much easier and cheaper to go aftermarket for a vehicle being towed. A lot of motorhomes do that.
I heard you, but cap on system seems to lose pressure very easily , it's one of my concern.

Ram8472

Reaction score
Could this sensor work with Jeep?

I have another question which is Could the sensor pair with two computers?

E.G. paired with Ram Trailer TPMS and Jeep TPMS , Work with Ram Trailer TPMS while flat towing ,and go back to Jeep TPMS while disconnected?

The Autel sensor will work with a Jeep ( using them for my Cherokee winter tires ) when configured for the Jeep they will not work as a Trailer TPMS.

You could program the Autel sensors in the Jeep as trailer TPMS when towing it , then when driving the jeep program them back to Jeep TPMS.
It will be a pain but would work.

38dodge

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have installed all my parts to include my valve stems. Have my Bluetooth OBD and AlfaOBD system.
I have looked thru this site online and cannot fine a step by step process how to use this system to make the installation complete.
Can anyone send me a link to where to go or a process what what to look for and select?
Thanks

abmillh

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 limited with a harness 68488374ab on the bumper. Does anyone know which harness is good or do I need the modified one.
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same harness which appears, from the diagram, to have the pigtail for the wireless module but for the life of me, I can't find it on my truck.

abmillh

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has struggled with this, but for the life of me I couldn't get the pins from Jimmy's harness added to my connector. After messing with it for over an hour, I realized the white pin that comes out from the connector actually locked the pins in place. I stuck in a small screwdriver next to the pin and shifted it away from the center of the connector and got a noticable "click". I was then able to easily add the pins without much resistance. Then I clicked it back toward the center, reinstalled everything and am good to go again.

This might seem like obvious knowledge to most but just putting this here in case it helps another person like me.

38dodge

Reaction score
Have a question I hope someone can help me with.
I installed everything and have the system working some what.
I programmed all four tires got it to read the pressures then when I turn off the truck or unhook the trailer and hook it back up I get the red squares with no pressures.
Thank you for any help

6of36

Reaction score
I programmed all four tires got it to read the pressures then when I turn off the truck or unhook the trailer and hook it back up I get the red squares with no pressures.
Thank you for any help
Just a guess, but some sensors have to spin before they send info. Have you driven, or just tested?

abmillh

Reaction score
Thank you for any help
The sensors go to "sleep" and "wake up" when they spin. Mine usually are all reading by the time I pull my travel trailer down the aisle at the storage facility (just a few hundred feet). Don't sweat it and next time you drive, I'm sure they'll pop up on the dash.

Dewey

Reaction score
When I first installed the sensors on my boat trailer the tire pressures popped up on the dash after a few miles. Once connected they show up almost immediately now.

38dodge

Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses. That is a relief, thought I was going to have to reload everything.
Thanks again

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are there any aftermarket displays you guys have seen that will show the read-out from the OE TTPMS sensors?

For example, I put my sensors in my four trailer tires. They work great with the Ram dash display. But what if I want to pull the trailer with a different truck? Can I buy an aftermarket screen that will read and display the pressures from the sensors?

Users who are viewing this thread