5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tow Mirrors, power folding option?

glennf14

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed getting the level 1 equipment group on limited trim now requires the tow group and dreaded mirrors/360 camera delete? What gives?
I would ignore that for now. I think it’s a bug in their public facing build website. If any dealership folks have access to their system, please let us know if you’re seeing the same thing.

The public facing build website is definitely acting up for the Limited with Bed Utility. There are two sales codes that pop up for the dependency on Level 1 after choosing the Bed Utility group. There is “A69” and “A69_” which is weird obviously.

We could probably make a new thread for this. But I’m guessing it’s a bug on their website.

AJU

Reaction score
Personally, I'm more disappointed by the lack of heat that the power folding. Any thoughts on the possibility of retrofitting this feature?

RBRK

Reaction score
I would think you could put on the standard mirrors. I’ve read on another forum of someone doing this possibly on a previous gen 4 but I cannot remember for sure. They said something about the mirrors, new different switch and door modules. The other kicker is you would probably need the front camera too. They show a tow mirror accesory for the 19’ pretty much install mirrors and flash with sales code that would be if you have the standard and are adding the tow mirrors. Seems like you should be able to go the other way.

Maybe your dealer could look into it.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
My salesman mentioned that there are differences in builds from the Dodge website and what you can actually get at the dealer, and it happens often. Best bet is to go to a dealer to build it there. Doesn't take long.
For example on July 3'rd you could only order a V6 or V8 w/eTorque for a Rebel, and the regular 5.7 Hemi was not an option at that point in time. However it was on the Dodge website...

RAM805

Reaction score
Wow this is all kind of weird. I thought if I added the TOW PACKAGE and then ADDED the Level 2 Equipment Group powering folding would come back. This is confusing and frustrating. Don't 2018 2500's have power folding Tow Mirrors? Exact same design too I think.

Kramersp

Reaction score
While engineering the new 2019 Ram 1500, they completely forgot about the mirrors. Discovering this, they just decided to toss the old, outdated tow mirrors on the truck and call it a day.

WRH

Reaction score
I'm still way pissed about this whole thing. It says right on my sticker, power mirrors... etc. How hard would it have been to write a routine for the sticker that automatically removed the items that are cancelled out by other packages? ...not hard at all. Yeah, lame lame lame.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. They are just lazy and slap on the sticker next to Optional Equipment that says "May replace standard equipment"

jkratze1

Reaction score
I'll see what can be done. I wonder if they could just swap out the mirrors and restore the camera option. I'm guessing everything else is still in place... but I know that's a long shot. I'd be shocked if they do anything at all, but it's worth a try.

I would be interested in knowing if the dealer can swap mirrors and restore the camera option.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. You'd also need the front camera and at least dealer programming to make it all work. Others here have figure out the shopping list and approximate cost and it's not pretty.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Ouch.

So I had the 360 camera and adding a tow package removed it...along with power folding mirrors? That bites.

What do you mean take it back.. it's a week old. Nothing I can do now, or is there?
Correct. If your trim included 360 surround view, then you lost it by having TT mirrors. Yep, it stinks.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm the trailer tow mirrors on the limited are at least heated as per the description? I know you lose 360 view and power folding but it shows power mirrors- heated- signals etc

trailertowmirror.jpg

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Folks your opinions on the tow mirrors have me wondering... are they significantly better for towing or are the stock mirrors good enough? I have not actually used them yet.

I like the idea of power folding for parking, but I also appreciate seeing aft around my 27’ travel trailer. I detest the look of the bolt on tow mirrors I am currently using, and love the stock look of the Ram rotating design.

Perfect (power folding tow mirrors) is not currently an option, so I prioritized towing vision over folding convenience. Many of you differ in this opinion so I’m wondering what your reasons are. Care to share? Thanks!

I have not towed anything but the standard mirrors have a pretty good reach. They stick out more then the the 4th gen standard mirrors and way further then the GM and Ford standard mirrors.

ClarkGriswold

Reaction score
Hey All, so not sure if someone already posted this, my apologies if so, but I’m having the same frustration with my 19 Laramie 1500. Anyway, I found a company that is going to make a complete kit for the 19 model year, but will be a few months. They’re current kit is offered for 15-18 and it ain’t cheap!! $1,400......don’t know anything about the company or quality, but it may be worth looking into down the road?
Thanks

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey All, so not sure if someone already posted this, my apologies if so, but I’m having the same frustration with my 19 Laramie 1500. Anyway, I found a company that is going to make a complete kit for the 19 model year, but will be a few months. They’re current kit is offered for 15-18 and it ain’t cheap!! $1,400......don’t know anything about the company or quality, but it may be worth looking into down the road?
Thanks

That is actually not bad pricing considering all the parts that need to be swapped plus reprogramming.

ClarkGriswold

Reaction score
That is actually not bad pricing considering all the parts that need to be swapped plus reprogramming.

True, I’d just wanna be sure they did everything the stock mirrors do, like BLS and move in reverse? Honestly, I’ll probably bite the bullet and do it when it’s available....getting out to fold the mirrors all the time is a pain in the ***!

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now if it only added the surround view camera

Bwarren2

Reaction score
After doing some research, looks like I’m wrong. In most states it’s competely up to the dealer on how to handle these things. But like others have said, since it’s such a well known blunder on the part of FCA, hopefully they will do something to help you out.

I would imagine the dealer would say pound sand. Dealers will do anything not to bring a car back., this is why you need a lawyer for a lemon. However, they will gladly take more $ from you and find you a different truck or perhaps service can retro fit standard mirrors.

RAM805

Reaction score

Yeah, that is a chunk of change but considering the great reviews and the ease of installation I will probably get this package from them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/