5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover Pics

Bwsteg

Reaction score
If
Truxedo Pro X-15. Love how flush it is to the top of the bed. Will be curious to see how it holds up. I was told by the installer since they were a preferred dealer they double Truxedo’s warranty. Looks like I have a double lifetime warranty!
you don’t mind me asking, what did you pay for the x-15 and was it installed by the shop? Thanks

Guistwite04

Reaction score
If

you don’t mind me asking, what did you pay for the x-15 and was it installed by the shop? Thanks
It came out right around $500 with tax and they did a free install. Price was right round what I could order online.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
It came out right around $500 with tax and they did a free install. Price was right round what I could order online.
Not bad. What shop was this if you don’t mind sharing. I’m in NY and don’t mind taking the drive for the same deal. Did they have these in stock?

Clayinfla

Reaction score
I added the Access toolbox model cover. Not a lot of options with the toolbox, but I like it so far. FC6EBA6D-19CA-4A4D-B48A-6FDD4B83628C.jpeg 8D1045C3-6CCC-478F-9018-98FFE72EBB4C.jpeg AE5659AD-3316-4C6C-8906-6AADB09AEE2A.jpeg

Guistwite04

Reaction score
Not bad. What shop was this if you don’t mind sharing. I’m in NY and don’t mind taking the drive for the same deal. Did they have these in stock?
I got it at Keystone 4x4 in Hamburg, PA. Conveniently 2 mins down the road from a Cabelas. They had to order it in which took a couple of days.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got it at Keystone 4x4 in Hamburg, PA. Conveniently 2 mins down the road from a Cabelas. They had to order it in which took a couple of days.
Cabelas? I think there are some grumblings going on with the buyout.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
I just picked up my Ram Big Horn last night and was looking at bed covers. I want either a Revolver X2/X4 or Sentry (CT). I like the fact that you don't have to close the tailgate first for the Revolver X4, but I've read that they aren't as waterproof as the Sentry series. I also like the ease of removing the roll of the Sentry series if I ever needed to, but feel I might get annoyed with having to close the tailgate before closing the cover every time. Does anyone on here have either and can attest to the weather proofing of each and your thoughts? It'd be great if anyone happened to have had both and can compare. Thanks.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
I just picked up my Ram Big Horn last night and was looking at bed covers. I want either a Revolver X2/X4 or Sentry (CT). I like the fact that you don't have to close the tailgate first for the Revolver X4, but I've read that they aren't as waterproof as the Sentry series. I also like the ease of removing the roll of the Sentry series if I ever needed to, but feel I might get annoyed with having to close the tailgate before closing the cover every time. Does anyone on here have either and can attest to the weather proofing of each and your thoughts? It'd be great if anyone happened to have had both and can compare. Thanks.

I just ordered the Sentry CT and it should be here on Friday. Got a great deal from Luke at Truck Alterations. Seems like a higher quality cover then the Revolver, and I'll take the tradeoff of closing the tailgate first for the superior seal.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Talk to Luke at Truck Alterations. I believe there are clips that stick out from the bed sides at the tailgate on the X4. I figure eventually I would bend them or snag myself on them. I also believe there have been some difficulty with the install.
You may find more info below.

Last edited:

Fishwiz

Reaction score

ddang66224

Reaction score
Question for those that ordered from Truck Alterations how long did it take to receive? I ordered a cover this past Saturday but have not received any tracking information etc.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Truxedo Sentry CT. Absolutely love the low profile look and function. Some water seepage at the corners but I don’t mind. Very easy to install also. (y)

Attachments

• 1B1022CF-C1EA-4195-B198-A3BB92F5CC93.jpeg
    1B1022CF-C1EA-4195-B198-A3BB92F5CC93.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 199
  • B31BE236-6B81-449C-AF24-DF371422EE6B.jpeg
    B31BE236-6B81-449C-AF24-DF371422EE6B.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 192
  • 8D6148EB-B34E-4412-8FF9-AF502DC163D5.jpeg
    8D6148EB-B34E-4412-8FF9-AF502DC163D5.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 196
  • 146920AC-98B1-4B47-BA7C-482005EEB6A8.jpeg
    146920AC-98B1-4B47-BA7C-482005EEB6A8.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 202

Fishwiz

Reaction score
Truxedo Sentry CT. Absolutely love the low profile look and function. Some water seepage at the corners but I don’t mind. Very easy to install also. (y)
Can you post some pictures of where/why it leaks? That cover is at the top of my list, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. In have ramboxes, so it might be a little different.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Can you post some pictures of where/why it leaks? That cover is at the top of my list, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. In have ramboxes, so it might be a little different.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The bed stays dry as a bone. I don’t have any pics, but so far water just runs down the cab corners. The tail gate corners seem like they are sealed very well, but it’s hard to tell since as soon as the tailgate is opened water falls in.

I am going to add some additional weather stripping and see what happens. I also have a bed mat so any water that does get in runs underneath of it, keeping my cargo dry. I’m very satisfied with it in general so ultimately I would recommend getting one.

Morenar

Reaction score

fxdrider

Reaction score
BakFlip MX4. Love it so far (only had it a day). Nice to have stuff in the bed reasonably secure and hopefully dry.
IMG_3217.JPEG

IMG_3220.jpg

SJC5

Reaction score
Question on your lomax. Are your clips to hold the cover open glue\taped to the roof of your RAM? That has deterred me from getting lomax. Bakflip and undercover have the little legs to hold the cover open.
I have the same question. Comparing Undercover Armor Flex to Lomax Stance but concerned about attaching something to the roof of the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread