5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonneau Cover Pics

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
Truxedo Sentry CT. Absolutely love the low profile look and function. Some water seepage at the corners but I don’t mind. Very easy to install also. (y)
I am considering this cover vs the Lo Pro. What did you consider in choosing the more expensive aluminum slat version? Great choice with color, as I will be picking up a Billet Silver Night Edition next week

CPenn1086

Reaction score
I am considering this cover vs the Lo Pro. What did you consider in choosing the more expensive aluminum slat version? Great choice with color, as I will be picking up a Billet Silver Night Edition next week

The Lo Pro is actually not as low profile as the Sentry...so I am not why they call it that lol. Also, the Sentry (in my opinion) is more secure with the aluminum slats. I love it, and it has been problem free so far!

LANdrew4

Reaction score
I have RamBoxes and wanted a roll-up and was not concerned about physical security so got the TruXedo Pro X15. I got it online for ~$430 and installed it myself. As its rails simply attach to the top of the existing rails (so no clamps involved and no loss of use of factory rails), it was an easy install. When closed, the cover is almost flat and the cloth top looks great. Rolled up, it takes up almost no space (but is easily removable if needed). Obviously someone could cut it with a knife, but short of that it can't be opened if tailgate is closed.
IMG_1725@0.5x.png

RRRAAAAMMMM2020

Reaction score
I have RamBoxes and wanted a roll-up and was not concerned about physical security so got the TruXedo Pro X15. I got it online for ~$430 and installed it myself. As its rails simply attach to the top of the existing rails (so no clamps involved and no loss of use of factory rails), it was an easy install. When closed, the cover is almost flat and the cloth top looks great. Rolled up, it takes up almost no space (but is easily removable if needed). Obviously someone could cut it with a knife, but short of that it can't be opened if tailgate is closed.
View attachment 74027
Picture of how the rails are attached? Do you have the bed utility option?

Reaction score
Sorry if it has been posted elsewhere, I have searched for it, anyone have the gator sr1 pro with the ramboxes? I would love to see some pictures of it installed and the rails.

BNeal

Reaction score
Hoping someone to help me lean one way or another. I am looking for hard fold up cover. I like the bakflip idea but I want it to last. My requirements:

- Hard trifold
- Want full bed access without taking out; like the flip idea.
- Strong - snow buildup
- Very small leaks okay - it is more about on trips skiing or road if a storm comes through while driving it saves most of the stuff in the bed
- Scratch resistant
- Can take the sun beating on it; CO gets a lot of sun so it can't start breaking down after 1 or 2 years.
- Low profile
- not too heavy to remove for one person

I think I narrowed down to:

a) Gator FX or FX3 - seems like it is just a bakflip however not sure if I need the FX3 or not. I know it is more durable than FX however if it doesn't last 2 years what is the point.
b) Bakflip G2 or Fibermax - Same as the Gator.
c) Extang Xceed - looks interesting, more costly, however not sure if I trust that cover to not fade but like that it is one seamless cover . I like the twist knobs compared to the rope pull.

Anyone have any ideas? Seems like throwing down almost $1k for these and not lasting very long seems BS.

Thanks
I have the Bakflip G2 and I love it.

phisch

Reaction score
I ordered a Pace Edwards Switchblade Metal yesterday. Quoted 2-4 weeks backorder, but it's the one I finally decided on after 4 months of youtube research. Hopefully it gets here by Christmas so all the presents I'll be hauling don't get wet! I'll update with pics once it's installed.

ST9

Reaction score
After going back and forth and looking at the options, I went with the Lomax stance. The low profile and the hard to scratch top was what sold me. I was going to go with the Under Armor but when I compared the too, I really like the flat look on the stance. I have not yet attached the top magnets and such since I am not sure how much I will use it in the full bed mode. However I love the flat look with no rubber on the top of the unit. It is all underneath. The rubber around the top of the bed all away around is pretty snug. The only area where water may get in is the corners near the tailgate which shouldn't be an issue for my use. I think all of them have pros and cons. With this one, not sure how long that front restraint hook will last. I think Lomax should have thought about that some more. Seems like if this was outside all the time, that plastic will break down over time. The pull cords to open the unit are rope based and are thicker than wire cables. This is nice since it is easy on the hand to pull and fold. About 60 lbs to carry on and off. No drain tubes on this unit since the cover overlaps the top rail bed all the way around.

Got it from Truck Alterations (Luke) and was the lowest price I found from a reputable company. Shipped in a couple of days. Took about 2 hours to install. Could have been faster on the install but I was taking my time. 3 year warranty. Seems pretty solid. As some other stated, this and others like it are not that secure (a crow bar can probably defeat many of these) however I don't need that level of security. For me it is more about keeping rain or snow out when I need to transport items and will unload the goods pretty quickly.

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 203

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Gator EFX trifold.

Attachments

• 20201117_102034.jpg
    20201117_102034.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 20201117_102028.jpg
    20201117_102028.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 224

Tidewater Ram

Reaction score
For the folks who have Access Rll up covers. Are you happy with them? I’m thinking about an Access Limited roll up.

Tjd

Reaction score
You might want to consider Truck Covers USA. I’ve had the same original one now on 3 different trucks over 7 years. I’ve got the line-x work cover. It isn’t cheap but it still works like brand new. This pic Is from my old truck but it’s now installed on my 2019.

Attachments

• C7E03D8B-1A13-4DFF-8763-A1523FE652CA.jpeg
    C7E03D8B-1A13-4DFF-8763-A1523FE652CA.jpeg
    217.5 KB · Views: 179

kernelhappy

Reaction score
I do still like it. My rubber seal on the side laid down nicely. It is pretty water tight with some leaking at the corners that could be improved with minor adjustment. I’d put anything in the middle of the bed and not expect a drop of water in even a torrential downpour. Ultimately I do like the ability to flip up the cover against the back window for both hauling and loading purposes.

The only other design I wanted to see was the redesign for the Revolver when it’s released to see if the QI issues were sorted.
I just installed mine today. Overall the cover seems ok but they definitely have some QC issues at Extang.

Mine had aluminum shavings all over, a dent in the underside of a panel, a little bit of spray foam on the underside and a slight bow in one of the side rails (see more about my initial impressions). Did you have an issue with metal shavings or the packing being loose?

JOzzz

Reaction score
Undercover ArmorFlex for a 5’7” going up for sale. PM if you’re interested. Local preferred but will ship if needed. Only on truck 3 months. Will trade for a 6’4” tonneau.
85392c126b8b32deba38287993ca5d14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UglyMonk3y

Reaction score
Lomax . Hardware for the cover bolted on top of the original rails & kept the usability of the rails & anchors. 20201024_205119.jpg

The only complaint is that 1 inch gap between the tailgate & rambox. 20201024_213402.jpg

Lomax did send some weather stripping that DID NOT cover the gap properly so i purchased & trimmed a different weather strip which i think works better.
20201124_133648.jpg

Last edited:

Morenar

Reaction score
Lomax . Hardware for the cover bolted on top of the original rails & kept the usability of the rails & anchors. View attachment 75869

The only complaint is that 1 inch gap between the tailgate & rambox. View attachment 75868

Lomax did send some weather stripping that DID NOT cover the gap properly so i purchased & trimmed a different weather strip which i think works better.
View attachment 75870
What weather strip did you use? I am having the same issue with the one sent with my Undercover.

UglyMonk3y

Reaction score
What weather strip did you use? I am having the same issue with the one sent with my Undercover.
Screenshot_20201207-153944_eBay.jpg

bought it from ebay. I'm guessing if you have a camper shell store close by, you can get a foot or so. i used 6 inch strip per side, messed up 2x due to a runaway dremel tool. so i used 2 feet.

so far, I've had it about 2 months. minimal water leak during wash (no rain yet). seems to hold well in direct sunlight.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just ordered a 1500 limited with night edition and BUG packages. I want to get a revolver X4 for it (I have seen mixed reviews on here but loved it on my tacoma). I’ve seen posts saying the black rails that come with the night edition tonneau don’t work with other covers. I think all of the posts I have seen have been trucks with ram boxes. Is it the same for a regular 6’4 bed? Or should it be easy to swap the covers out? Also, any interference with the BUG rails?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had the Truxedo LoPro on my trucks since 2006. I had the regular Truxedo cover before the LoPro in 2001. The cover has a lifetime warranty and I've used it a few times when the cover gets marked up, or stretches, and doesn't get as tight as it should. When I called around asking for comparisons, I was told the LoPro was probably the best. I called Truck Alterations and ordered the LoPro for my new Ram.

Morenar

Reaction score
View attachment 76015

bought it from ebay. I'm guessing if you have a camper shell store close by, you can get a foot or so. i used 6 inch strip per side, messed up 2x due to a runaway dremel tool. so i used 2 feet.

so far, I've had it about 2 months. minimal water leak during wash (no rain yet). seems to hold well in direct sunlight.
Thanks for this. I ordered the same one on Amazon yesterday and delivered today. The seal is so much better than the Undercover one. However the tape that comes with it does not stick well to plastic, even after using the alcohol prep pad. I had some 3M tape leftover but even that is having issues sticking. I am hoping with the sun hitting, it will stick better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread