5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire/Wheel Help

ddobey

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to owning a Ram, just got my 2WD 2020 Ram 1500 Lonestar just over a month ago. Love the truck and I have plans to do a 2 inch spacer leveling kit off of Rough Country. I plan on also purchasing wheels and tires for it, with my max tire size being 33's. I've never purchased wheels/tires for another vehicle so I am unsure about "wheel offset" and "backspacing". If anyone has any suggestions or minimums or maximums I should know about when it comes to sizing let me know. Kind of a new guy at this lmao.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check out the Wheel Offset Calculator here: https://tiresize.com/. You can plug in your current configuration and your planned configuration to see the difference. Stock offset is +19. I personally think that a +5 or zero offset is a good look....as you start to go negative the wheel sticks out further. You said you want 33" tires but you really need to decide how wide you want the tires to be first (ie. 275, 285, 295, 305). Once you figure out how wide you want to go ; then you can start selecting the proper ratio to achieve 33" (width will also help you to determine offset; a wider tire will likely require more negative offset than stock in order to fit). A 275/60R20 is a stock width tire that is 33" (a very popular option for those who want a slightly taller tire and who want to retain P rated tires that are lighter and ride softer). A 285/60R20 would be slightly wider and measure around 33.5" high.

RonBang

Reaction score
I want to get 33” tires 12.5 wide an$ wheels with a -18-25 offset. Let’s see them.

Ben2020

Reaction score
Check out the custom offsets gallery, they more than likely have a setup similar to what you are looking for.

Ben

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Yep, Custom Offsets has a ton of setups exactly like you’re looking for in the gallery. Enjoy!

emwaybatani

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to owning a Ram, just got my 2WD 2020 Ram 1500 Lonestar just over a month ago. Love the truck and I have plans to do a 2 inch spacer leveling kit off of Rough Country. I plan on also purchasing wheels and tires for it, with my max tire size being 33's. I've never purchased wheels/tires for another vehicle so I am unsure about "wheel offset" and "backspacing". If anyone has any suggestions or minimums or maximums I should know about when it comes to sizing let me know. Kind of a new guy at this lmao. ome.tv omegle.com
I also want to achieve 33” tires 12.5 wide an$ wheels with a -18 to 25 offset.
Let’s see them and tell me also.

kabirva

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new to owning a Ram, just got my 2WD 2020 Ram 1500 Lonestar just over a month ago. Love the truck and I have plans to do a 2 inch spacer leveling kit off of Rough Country. I plan on also purchasing wheels and tires for it, with my max tire size being 33's. I've never purchased wheels/tires for another vehicle so I am unsure about "wheel offset" and "backspacing". If anyone has any suggestions or minimums or maximums I should know about when it comes to sizing let me know. Kind of a new guy at this lmao.ome tv omegle.link
I also want to achieve 33” tires 12.5 wide an$ wheels with a -18 to 25 offset.
Let’s see them and tell me also.

Users who are viewing this thread