5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tire upgrade on stock 20” wheels

T_Whitt87

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time posting. 2019 1500 Bighorn 4WD currently with 2” Mammoth leveling block in the front ( I will be upgrading the UCAs, Bilstein 5100s all around and +1” rear springs this year ). I have the stock black 20x9 +19 wheels with 275/55R20 tires and it’s time to upgrade. I am looking to purchase larger tires that will require minimal trimming and not contact the UCAs with my current configuration. I do light off roading and need tires that will handle well in rain and snow. Thank you all in advance for any insight, recommendations and pictures you can provide.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Biggest I think you could run is a 33” tall and 11.5 wide due to the positive offset. Problem is that offset will bring the tires close to the UCA with anything bigger than a 11.5

T_Whitt87

Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I was pretty set on buying 18” wheels but after ready a few other post it sounds like the options are limited with the larger brakes on this generation, I had no issues on my 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies. I was pretty set on buying 18” wheels but after ready a few other post it sounds like the options are limited with the larger brakes on this generation, I had no issues on my 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you are fine as long as you keep the 18’s in close spec to method 305’s big thing to watch for is backspacing, hub bore and of course 6x139.7 also watch offset depending on width of tire you are wanting to run. IMG_7601.png
Also to add to this do not forget to buy hub centric rings when you do purchase the wheels

Example
108.0 to 77.8 rings
https://a.co/d/1N6jusd

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/