5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinted Truck But Still Too Hot

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That and call your CC company
BBB doesn't gave any power to resolve complaints, it just lowers their rating.

Go to your state's consumer protection office and file a complaint. In most states it is the AG's office that handles this, but states vary. Usually they can just mediate as well, but it gets their attention.

You also should get a charge back from your credit card.

BNeal

Reaction score
Looks to me like they are not going down without a fight. And how are you going to prove they used the wrong material?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
**** if they really used the wrong material when they pull it off they will be able to tell you exactly what it is

Solracer

Reaction score
Following because I might be in a similar boat.....er....RAM....

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
**** if they really used the wrong material when they pull it off they will be able to tell you exactly what it is
The shop isn't fighting because of the material, it's the labor of removing and cleaning the old material off (not to mention install new film) that's going to cost them. The cost of the materials is insignificant here no matter the grade.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought we were trying to prove the guy didn’t get what he paid for

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about Tint World, but the shop that did mine (local shop) has a guarantee on their work and stand behind it. If you paid with a credit card, issue a chargeback. Make them fight the credit company. That's one of the reasons I use American Express. Every single time I've had an issue with a payment it's always "No problem, here's your refund, we'll deal with it" and I never hear anything about it again.

As far as your tint concerns, I'll just add to the pile. I have ceramic on every window including my pano. Red hair/fair skin. I can get sunburned in 15 minutes in the middle of the day, including sitting in a non-tinted vehicle. It was an immediate difference that I could physically feel after they tinted the windows. Haven't gotten burned with the ceramic, it's been over 100 here in Memphis, and my AC can cool the truck down. Vents blow at a similar temp to yours, around 48 deg.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update.... I went back to Tint World in Austin Texas on Burnet Road and talked to Nadeem the owner. I was very polite and quiet and I asked him for a refund and to have him remove the tint he had installed. He replied with absolutely not and went on to say I have tinted 1000s of peoples cars and your only 1 person that has a complaint. I told him this 1 complaint is still a customer and I paided almost 1,000$ for the best tint that is supposed to be better than anything previously, while still having heat and sun issues through it. I then said I do also know for fact you were not here that day my truck was tinted how he knows it was the right stuff. He says I know for fact it is what I said it is. He then said he will not help me with anything else and told me to contact corporate. I asked for the number which he gave to me and told me to tell them it's the Austin store I'm complaining about and take it from there.

1. My truck (2021 Laramie) and my son's (2022 Big Horn) were each FULLY tinted (even the entire front windshield) with ceramic. Each cost $500.
2. Ceramic means I feel little to no heat. My AC (Piedmont section of NC) and my son's (coast) is more than adequate, even with 98 degree days and full sun and black interiors.
3. Any shop that DOUBLE LAYERS the film (??? I think that's what you said they did) is not a shop I'd ever go to or use. That's total hack B.S.
4. The shop cannot verify what they put on by using a meter? See point 3, above.
5. The shops owner told you to pound sand. Okay, he gets what he deserves.

Summary: they overcharged you, significantly, for crap work they don't stand behind.

Call the BBB. Seriously. I've done this twice. Both times I got a call from the companies involved the very next day trying to resolve the issue. As well, if you charged it, put a stop on it. Tell your CC company you're convinced they were fraudulent in what service they provided. Consider contacting your city's (or county's) prosecuting attorney: discuss consumer fraud with them.

You're due the cost of the tint you paid for. A full refund AND the cost of their tint being removed (by another shop, of course).

It's up to you if you want to send them a message or take what they've just shoved up your backside.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought we were trying to prove the guy didn’t get what he paid for
That too... I'm just pointing out the shop doesn't want to spend any more time to make it right, even if the material is wrong. The only solution here with a reasonable timeframe is a chargeback.

Rams01

Reaction score
So I don’t see anywhere what brand of tint was used for anyones vehicle. Just because you have tint does not mean it has sufficient heat rejection. I paid $900 for XPEL’s 98% infrared heat rejection film on the windshield and 2 panel sunroof and then 20% XR black on all the windows. No other brand of tint will compare and I’ve tried quite a few over the years. In the Texas heat if the windshield is not tinted you’ll definitely feel the heat coming off the glass. Just my .02

Blackshirts

Reaction score
They used junk brother. Like many here, my truck is cold inside. Never running the AC at MAX other than to cool off at start up. Setting 1-3 after 10 minutes. All windows tinted and a top strip on the windshield. IT was 90+ here today.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep junk tint I can’t remember off hand what brand the shop I used used but Jin the Florida heat with ceramic all around include 70% on the windshield rarely do I have the ac set past 2-3 now I dont have a sunroof but still. It’s a big enough difference where in the past I would have to run a covercraft windshield shade to keep the interior cool enough where it wouldn’t immediately burn me. I’m sure you’ve already figure this out though so it’s more of a fyi.

Moestavern33

Reaction score
I don't know about Tint World, but the shop that did mine (local shop) has a guarantee on their work and stand behind it. If you paid with a credit card, issue a chargeback. Make them fight the credit company. That's one of the reasons I use American Express. Every single time I've had an issue with a payment it's always "No problem, here's your refund, we'll deal with it" and I never hear anything about it again.

As far as your tint concerns, I'll just add to the pile. I have ceramic on every window including my pano. Red hair/fair skin. I can get sunburned in 15 minutes in the middle of the day, including sitting in a non-tinted vehicle. It was an immediate difference that I could physically feel after they tinted the windows. Haven't gotten burned with the ceramic, it's been over 100 here in Memphis, and my AC can cool the truck down. Vents blow at a similar temp to yours, around 48 deg.
What shop did you use? I too am in the Memphis area and I’m not sure where to go.
Thank you.

BNeal

Reaction score
The bottom line is, you're really at the mercy of the shops character and honesty. I paid just under $1000 to have all my glass tinted with the XPEL. I think that's what they installed, but really no way to be sure. For getting baked in this Texas heat, the truck is still hot when I get in it, but it cools way faster and the A/C doesn't work nearly as hard as it did before the tint.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What shop did you use? I too am in the Memphis area and I’m not sure where to go.
Thank you.
Tennessee Tint off Summer in Bartlett. They're pricey (about $800 for the whole truck if I remember), but I'd pay it again for the quality of tint and the heat reduction. I did 35% front windows and pano. 80% Air on windshield, back doors, and rear window/slider.

I also asked them about their vinyl wrapping. They gave me a quick estimate of $3200-3600 for my Rebel. Told them I only wanted the painted surface and to leave the bumpers alone so it was a little cheaper than normal. I was pleasantly surprised. Thought it'd be $5000-6000.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tennessee Tint off Summer in Bartlett. They're pricey (about $800 for the whole truck if I remember), but I'd pay it again for the quality of tint and the heat reduction. I did 35% front windows and pano. 80% Air on windshield, back doors, and rear window/slider.

I also asked them about their vinyl wrapping. They gave me a quick estimate of $3200-3600 for my Rebel. Told them I only wanted the painted surface and to leave the bumpers alone so it was a little cheaper than normal. I was pleasantly surprised. Thought it'd be $5000-6000.
I also have LLumar tint all around my truck. Fantastic product.

Gipraw

Reaction score
Take it to a different, good shop and ask them if they can check it.

One benefit of using a mobile tint guy is that I can see exactly what he is doing and what products he is using. He uses nothing but XPEL and it is a huge difference that is immediately noticable.

Wh0urdady2

Reaction score
I do enjoy seeing others around the Memphis area! Ceramic pro gave me the best price of ppf, and was going to have them tint the windows…not sure exactly where they do the work at

Users who are viewing this thread