5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinted Truck But Still Too Hot

Reaction score
I had my 2022 1500 ecodiesel ti.ted the other day, but am still having issues with heat. I have had multiple vehicles tinted at this shop and always get ceramic but this time the tint isn't helping with heat at all. I live in Texas its been in the 100s but all my other ti Ted vehicles handled that fine. My new truck has limo ceramic on all the back windows, sunroof and front eyebrow, the 2 front windows are 18% which is illegal but I was ok with that and clear on the entire windshield, all supposed to be ceramic. Even after all that it will still burn my arm while driving 45 mins home from work with the ac on full blast.

Attachments

• 20220609_164314.jpg
    20220609_164314.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220609_164422.jpg
    20220609_164422.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 125

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It’s in the mid 90s here. I have a brow and 20% all around, non ceramic. It is hot as hell when I get in after it sits in the sun all day. But after about 5 to 10 min I can lower the AC to 4 and I’m comfortable. Can you take the vent temp? Might wanna check your cabin filter too.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I had my 2022 1500 ecodiesel tinted the other day, but am still having issues with heat. I have had multiple vehicles tinted at this shop and always get ceramic but this time the tint isn't helping with heat at all. I live in Texas its been in the 100s but all my other ti Ted vehicles handled that fine. My new truck has limo ceramic on all the back windows, sunroof and front eyebrow, the 2 front windows are 18% which is illegal but I was ok with that and clear on the entire windshield, all supposed to be ceramic. Even after all that it will still burn my arm while driving 45 mins home from work with the ac on full blast.
it also help to get ceramic on the entire sheet metal

do you have the moon roof?

Reaction score
The vent temp is 48 degrees, my jeep and the last 2 trucks have had the same tint and had no issue cooling off after 15 mins then turning the ac down. I do have the moon roof but it's covered in limo that is supposed to be ceramic. Everything is supposed to be ceramic but I'm having a hard time believing that just from experience with the other vehicles. I paied the most I have ever paided for this truck to get the ceramic all the way around.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
The vent temp is 48 degrees, my jeep and the last 2 trucks have had the same tint and had no issue cooling off after 15 mins then turning the ac down. I do have the moon roof but it's covered in limo that is supposed to be ceramic. Everything is supposed to be ceramic but I'm having a hard time believing that just from experience with the other vehicles. I paied the most I have ever paided for this truck to get the ceramic all the way around.
you might want to go back and make them show you the product they used
because you are right it does not seem correct.

with my ceramic you can really tell the difference

Reaction score
I have used the same place for 5 years on all the vehicles, they have a new guy there helping run it so I'm trying to talk to the owner. I have been trying to talk to them so I will see if they can. If not then we we will see what they will do.

Reaction score
It makes me nervous because I had the windshield done also and they didn't mess anything up behind the dash the first time but 2nd might be the killer

oaviking06

Reaction score
I have Xpel Prime XR Plus Nano Ceramic on all my windows including sunroof and when I drive I don't feel like my arm or legs or bald spot are getting sun burned. When I drive another vehicle with just regular tint I can automatically feel the difference. Idk how Nano Ceramic compares to just regular ceramic or how brands compares to others but that Xpel XR Plus is great for me here in Texas.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Stick to your guns because it sounds like you didn't get what you paid for. Ceramic is a night and day difference.
They have a meter to detect tint level, curious if there's a way to sense the ceramic or not?

BNeal

Reaction score
I have ceramic on all glass including sunroof and windshield and my truck is still blistering hot when sitting in this TX sun all day. But it does cool down much faster and my AC seems to run more efficiently. I can't imagine any product that can compete 100+ Texas heat/sun.

Reaction score
That's the problem the truck never cools down and I have to leave the ac blasting on high and I'm still feeling the sun so hot it burns my arm and side of my face. Like i said before my other truck had what was supposed to be the same tint as this and i never had any issues every cooling it off in 15 mins or less.

Reaction score
I checked my Jeep yesterday in the 103 degree temp and it cooled off in mins and once it was cool you couldn't feel any heat coming in the windows and the glass was just warm to the touch not scolding hot like mine.

DLT123

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yea but the solar heat checker is over 100$ to test behind the window. Just finished talking to the owner he says he is the only one who checks and cuts the tint for every tint job to make sure there are no issues. He also said we tint hundreds of vehicles a month and never have issues. I asked if they had changed the tint used he said the tint company hasn't changed but the material they use has changed and is supposed to be better. Its called Ultimate Tint 4D which has Nano carbon and Nano ceramic which just sounds stupid to me. This is the only difference between my truck and my older vehicles so I am thinking its not worth a crap in the Texas 100+ degree sun. He then continued to say he could put more layers of the material on to help with heat but it will be super expensive. I'm to the point I almost want to ask him to remove all the tint so I can take it somewhere else.

Reaction score
He did also say he doesn't have the equipment to show me the heat rejection and then told me his is very busy and needs to get back to work.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have Xpel Prime XR Plus Nano Ceramic 70% on the front windshield and Wincos nano ceramic on the piano, 70%, and 30 on all the other windows (had windshield replaced and they had switched from Wincos to Xpel).

I have no issues with heat and drove 3 hours yesterday in 106° San Antonio to Dallas heat, AC never left 3. I'd wonder if you have ceramic with IR rejection.

BowDown

Reaction score
Yea but the solar heat checker is over 100$ to test behind the window. Just finished talking to the owner he says he is the only one who checks and cuts the tint for every tint job to make sure there are no issues. He also said we tint hundreds of vehicles a month and never have issues. I asked if they had changed the tint used he said the tint company hasn't changed but the material they use has changed and is supposed to be better. Its called Ultimate Tint 4D which has Nano carbon and Nano ceramic which just sounds stupid to me. This is the only difference between my truck and my older vehicles so I am thinking its not worth a crap in the Texas 100+ degree sun. He then continued to say he could put more layers of the material on to help with heat but it will be super expensive. I'm to the point I almost want to ask him to remove all the tint so I can take it somewhere else.

I can't find any window tint by that name when I search, thats suspect

BowDown

Reaction score
He did also say he doesn't have the equipment to show me the heat rejection and then told me his is very busy and needs to get back to work.

That confirms to me that he may be suspect. Go to another shop and have them check it, you can get a regular garage incandescent shop light / drop light and put a infrared bathroom heat lamp bulb in it and check it yourself for $15.

Matter of fact you could buy that test it and then take it back once you are done to confirm your suspicions and cost you nothing. Your description of his attitude would worry me though.

Users who are viewing this thread