5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tinted Truck But Still Too Hot

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And BTW its Tint World on Burnet Road in Austin Texas if anyone else has used them.

Well, not to rub salt in the wound but I drove through Austin on the way back from San Antonio yesterday. Outside temp read 106° and my air conditioner never left setting 3 and it was cool inside my truck

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He did also say he doesn't have the equipment to show me the heat rejection and then told me his is very busy and needs to get back to work.

A tint shop that doesn't have that? Seems sketchy. Find another shop that does. If you don't have what you paid for go back and tell them to make it right or you are contacting your state's consumer protection office (usually the Attorney General office but it varies depending on the state).

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
That’s pretty weird that with all that it still burns your arm. I drove in 120 degree weather last summer with similar levels of tint (details in my signature) and the leather never got hot enough to feel like it’s burning me and with the AC blasting it was cool in the truck the whole time. I also did the AC hack where I installed a valve in the heater hose to block hot coolant from making the AC warm though.

Pertzbro

Reaction score
Keep the sunroof cover pulled closed in the summer. Use a windshield cover when parked. Put down all the windows for the first 3-4 minutes to air out the 150+ degree temps when parked in the sun. Use the recirc mode. No matter the type of tint - you'e still dealing with an un-insulated single pane glass and steel hot box.

Av1

Reaction score
I also live in 100+ Texas heat. I only lightly tinted my driver and passenger front windows. My a/c has no problems keeping my truck cool even on lower fan settings. It easily cools on 100+ days and I have not tinted to the extent you have. Just as another reference.

Last edited:

Ratchet

Reaction score
Heck, I've got 35% ceramic on my fronts and barely feel the sun hitting bare skin in typical 95F Eastern NC heat. Sounds like they used crappy film as others have stated.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel your pain brother. To me the worst is the scumbags attitude when you tried to explain the situation. File with the better business bureau. Hit him in his pockets. Tell BBB that the only reason for the tiny was to block the suns rays from burning you. Tell them what the shop did. Let them reach out and deal with his attitude. Businesses usually crap themselves when BBB is involved. Easy process too. I can do it right on line. Only other option is to punch the guy in the mouth but that comes with many new issues

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hit him with a charge back hopefully you used a credit card.. you paid for ceramic and didn’t receive that. I wouldn’t even have him remove it I would go elsewhere and have that shop remove and retint for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kdawg

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't trust a big chain tint shop like that. They have a few here in Houston and surprisingly positive reviews on Google maps but while shopping around I quickly learned they target the average customer who want something that looks good but don't know the difference between high quality and mediocre tints. They are able to build a good reputation by doing decent installs with no bubbles but again selling some generic brand that really isn't effective.

Even their website advertises 4 different quality of tints (economy, premium, supreme, ultimate) that sounds like a gas station car wash menu.

I would suggest getting your money back and looking for a shop that sells a high quality product like XPEL.

Bigzway

Reaction score
I went to tint world in Hutto and they have been great for my truck and my wife’s Jeep Grand Cherokee

oaviking06

Reaction score
Idk what part of texas your at but Texaz Trendz in Tomball is 100% thats who did my tint job. They do expel though idk if they carry other brands.

Reaction score
I ended up going out of town, but i closed off the heater core hose and it dropped my ac from 48 degrees down to 42 degrees and its cooling way better. That means the ac box on my truck is faulty I would imagine or Freon is low. I call the dealer a couple days in a row but have yet to get a call back. I also called corporate of Tint World and have yet to hear back from them as well.

Reaction score
With 2 layer of Tint Worlds "Best" Tint it is closer to my previous vehicles but looks like crap. Now the window is always milky from the sun shining through it and it still puts heat into the cab. When I'm back in town I will have a talk about a refund and having them removed the junk *** tint.

Reaction score
Update.... I went back to Tint World in Austin Texas on Burnet Road and talked to Nadeem the owner. I was very polite and quiet and I asked him for a refund and to have him remove the tint he had installed. He replied with absolutely not and went on to say I have tinted 1000s of peoples cars and your only 1 person that has a complaint. I told him this 1 complaint is still a customer and I paided almost 1,000$ for the best tint that is supposed to be better than anything previously, while still having heat and sun issues through it. I then said I do also know for fact you were not here that day my truck was tinted how he knows it was the right stuff. He says I know for fact it is what I said it is. He then said he will not help me with anything else and told me to contact corporate. I asked for the number which he gave to me and told me to tell them it's the Austin store I'm complaining about and take it from there.

Reaction score
Update.... I went back to Tint World in Austin Texas on Burnet Road and talked to Nadeem the owner. I was very polite and quiet and I asked him for a refund and to have him remove the tint he had installed. He replied with absolutely not and went on to say I have tinted 1000s of peoples cars and your only 1 person that has a complaint. I told him this 1 complaint is still a customer and I paided almost 1,000$ for the best tint that is supposed to be better than anything previously, while still having heat and sun issues through it. I then said I do also know for fact you were not here that day my truck was tinted how he knows it was the right stuff. He says I know for fact it is what I said it is. He then said he will not help me with anything else and told me to contact corporate. I asked for the number which he gave to me and told me to tell them it's the Austin
Called corporate and Customer service pretty much said the same stuff. The first thing he said was that the owner of the specific franchise has to issue a resolve himself they have nothing to do with it. So looks like I will be eating 1,000$ tint bill and left with the only way to complain being a Google review.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brother I’m telling you go online to the better business bureau. They will get your money back for you

Users who are viewing this thread