5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three issues - uConnect freezes, person on other end of call stops hearing me, car play locks up

RAM309702

Reaction score
Since purchasing the truck I have had the following issues with uConnect:
1. Once per week system has completely locked up and reboot itself
- This is caused when I hang up a phone call that is on apple car play or blue tooth, or switching the station on Sirius XM.
2. Apple car play will freeze/stop working, have to unplug the USB cable from port 1 and plug into port 2 which fixes the issue.
3. I will be talking to someone and all of a sudden they can't hear me, I have to grab my phone, change the input to speaker, then back to uConnect, which forces it to re-connect and it works again.

I dropped it off at the dealership today but they told me I have the latest update and we have to wait for RAM to release a new software version. Does anyone else have the issue? I am going to look for the uConnect road map to see if these bugs are on the list to fix.

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Same here in regards to the UCONNECT dropping the calls where they can't hear me. INstead of picking up the phone, you can click on uConnect to transfer to phone and back and you're golden. I think it has something to do with the bluetooth.

I can hear them perfectly fine.

I have not experienced the other issues except once where CarPlay would not display the navigation while plugged in, and instead displayed the camera at all times....

FishNitro

Reaction score
I have had a couple issues i need to bring up to my dealer.

The first issue i have had is when i hang up a call on my iphone sometimes i get no audio from another source be it sat, fm, am or media. They simply deliver no audio. If i unplug the phone sat and fm work fine as does cd. I have also had this happen after sending or listenting to a text. If i turn the truck off and wait like 10 min its fine the next time i restart it.

The second is sometimes the sat radio changes the channel on its own, always one up or down from the one i was listening too. I have had it happen when at a stop light with hands not near any controls so i know its not me.

While i want it fixed this system is a world better then the "my link" system that was in my 2014 silverado. That system was the definition of junk.

Last edited:

smiles5619

Reaction score
I just went to a 2019 ran with the 12 inch Uconnect. Having the same issue relating to #3
"3. I will be talking to someone and all of a sudden they can't hear me, I have to grab my phone, change the input to speaker, then back to uConnect, which forces it to re-connect and it works again"

The truck has 300kms on it, software all up to date. I've had three calls do this so far at random

Last edited:

RAM309702

Reaction score
Glad to know it isn't just me -- #3 is a pain, very annoying. @RamCares is there anyway you can help get some information that at least RAM is aware of the issue and they have a plan to release the fix? I am sure more people are having the same issue.

Rabble-Rouser

Reaction score
Oh good. my first comment/post on this forum as a new member is:

Yup - I have number 3 as well.

RAM309702

Reaction score
Oh good. my first comment/post on this forum as a new member is:

Yup - I have number 3 as well.

Welcome to the forum! You should update your signature at some point to help everyone understand your setup. How do you like the new truck?

Rabble-Rouser

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! You should update your signature at some point to help everyone understand your setup. How do you like the new truck?
Done, thanks. Been about 10 years since i've joined a forum. I didn't when i bought my 11 DS Sport Crew. So far so good. There are things that i immediately would have looked at differently when speccing out what i wanted. I should have just ordered it all the way and waited but there is nothing i regret not getting. I'd have liked an Rebel 12 build and driver nannies but i've never owned a truck with any of the intervention appliances so i don't really miss them. I wanted the air suspension but really it's a party piece that i could have lived without.

My wife had to jump into my CCSport4x2 so the entry/exit plus power steps make her happy. If I could have gotten Limited interior in the Rebel i would have.

Gtbrown

Reaction score
One thing to remember is to update your memory for your settings. Though tied primarily to seats, many Uconnect settings are also stored AND changed depending upon which fob is being used.

clintoris

Reaction score
I'm having similar issues, which I thought was just my bluetooth connection (not using CarPlay, no wired connection). It will drop and say there's no bluetooth device connected and to "press here to pair a device" kinda thing. I always disable my wifi to make sure that it isn't interfering (both operate in 2.4 GHz range). But the other night, I didn't have my phone connected. I had my BT and Wifi disabled on the phone, and was listening to XM Sirius, and it kept dropping the satellite signal too. There was clear line of sight, it didn't matter what direction I was driving, there were no trees, or overpasses. It would show an exclamation icon (!) and tell me the signal has been lost. that would last only a few seconds and then it would come back.

smiles5619

Reaction score
As an update to this issue for me, it continued. So reading some other forums, I gave this a try:
- reset the Uconnect factory settings in the settings menu and cleared personal data.
- disconnected my negative battery for a half hour
- deleted the truck Bluetooth and Android auto app from my phone.
- reconnected the battery.

Now it will take some time for the Uconnect system to reintegrate the settings, apps. Etc. And you'll see some options missing. I left it overnight and drove it this morning and everything is good. Used the Uconnect all day and tonight, no issues, no dropped calls. Etc. Give it a try while we all wait for the update lol. It is working so far for me.

RebelRye

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck yesterday and so far same issue with the phone where the person on the other end stops hearing you. Has happened 3 or 4 times in less than 1 day, seems to happen after about 5 - 10 minutes of talking, not sure if duration has anything to do with it. Hang up and call back it's fine again for a few minutes. I haven't investigated software versions yet but it seems that according to this forum there's currently no fix. I'm using a Android phone, is everyone else having this issue using Android or does it happen with Apple devices as well? I'm sure I have more issue to come with this system, not looking forward to that. I just came from a 2014 with the 8.4 and it seemed to have worked better in regards to phone calls.

Neokane

Reaction score
I have the issue where the other person cant hear me.
Latest version as well.
Happens all the time.

Also have the issue where I am listening to XM, shut the truck off. Start it back up and it switches to FM. Definitely not where I left it.

No memory seats on the rebel. Only use one keyfob.
Waiting for the unicorn update! Lol

Gtbrown

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck yesterday and so far same issue with the phone where the person on the other end stops hearing you. Has happened 3 or 4 times in less than 1 day, seems to happen after about 5 - 10 minutes of talking, not sure if duration has anything to do with it. Hang up and call back it's fine again for a few minutes. I haven't investigated software versions yet but it seems that according to this forum there's currently no fix. I'm using a Android phone, is everyone else having this issue using Android or does it happen with Apple devices as well? I'm sure I have more issue to come with this system, not looking forward to that. I just came from a 2014 with the 8.4 and it seemed to have worked better in regards to phone calls.

Haven't experienced any issues with my iPhone.

RebelRye

Reaction score
Haven't experienced any issues with my iPhone.

Hopefully a few others can chine in an confirm if this issue is more common with Android or if someone has also had the issue using iPhone. If that's the case it would most likely be a software/compatibility issue more so than hardware.

stevestrike

Reaction score
I can confirm that this issue 100% happens with the iPhone as well. On a call, at some random point I can hear them just fine, they can no longer hear me. I can toggle the "transfer call" on the Uconnect screen and then it starts working again. That's assuming the other line doesn't hang up because to them it sounds like the call dropped :mad:

It's probably 'good news' that it happens with both phones because that means that the issue is squarely the Uconnect's fault, and hopefully they will get a higher volume of complaints to fix the issue.

Hopefully a few others can chine in an confirm if this issue is more common with Android or if someone has also had the issue using iPhone. If that's the case it would most likely be a software/compatibility issue more so than hardware.

reigninslayer

Reaction score
My issues that I have experienced with Uconnect 12”:

1. Randomly the screen goes black but sound still plays. I have to power cycle the unit to bring it back up.

2. Randomly listening to Sirius and songs don’t update to show the correct now playing song. It’s stuck at the previous song played. I have to change the channel and back for it to update.

3. Randomly in Nav my current location shows at home but I’m not and the graphic of my truck on the screen flashes(?) at my set home location.

4. Randomly in Nav the posted speed limits are wrong.

5. Siri volume defaults to 15 every time. Very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psimpson

Reaction score
I've had my 1500 for about 2 months and have several instances of the other person not hearing me till I transfer to the phone then back. just like everyone else. Any one else not seeing radar on the weather map? When the truck was new I saw it all the time then sometimes now almost never. With the stormy weather lately there shoud be some returns somewhere in the country.

Users who are viewing this thread