5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

These headlights are crazy expensive

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That's a lot of work, and a lot of butchery to jousing and harnesses. No thank you. And it only replaces the drivers, if the LED itself is bad, you still have to replace it.

ProjectsInMotion

Reaction score
That's a lot of work, and a lot of butchery to jousing and harnesses. No thank you. And it only replaces the drivers, if the LED itself is bad, you still have to replace it.
The LEDs are replaced too. The factory LEDs are White and Amber, the replacement LEDs are RGB + White and Amber.

Cheers

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well this didn’t do anything.

“They exhausted all avenues” and cannot offer to cover the repair
That sucks.
Makes me feel better I didn't buy a Maxcare warranty to just get shafted. If you havnt used it and want to sacrifice is most of them are required by law you refund you the prorated amount if you cancel it early. Could put that twords a new headlight

Jexx

Reaction score
Was considering getting MaxCare and this sealed the deal for me. Most concerned about electronics going bad vs. mechanical parts. If it won't even cover headlights (it's not like they're bulbs), then what good is it?
This is also why I decided against the extended warranty. I've been burnt too many times when something goes wrong there always seems to be fine print that says this and that isn't covered.

pullejo

Reaction score
Just noticed my lower DRL on my driver's side is out only because I remote started and walked out to the truck. No dummy indicator.
2019 with 60K and out of factory but I do have some BS Ram extended warranty that has literally never done anything.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
trouble is these are not considered the DRL's, they are merely a cosmetic enhancement to the headlight. The actual DRL's uses the headlight bulb(LED), this may be one reason they rule it as non warranty. Does the amber turn signal still work? When mine finally goes out, it will give me reason to pull the damn things out and modify them with some aftermarket modifications from someone like Oracle.

Users who are viewing this thread