5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NEW 5.7L HEMI with eTorque

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hmmm that one says 23 but the numbers they just came out with is 22....I want the 23:ROFLMAO:

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Hmmm that one says 23 but the numbers they just came out with is 22....I want the 23:ROFLMAO:
Thinking 23 is for the 2x4, like the sticker a few posts above.

The v6 says 27, which I would guess is also 2x4.

The #14 (fine print) says results based on mfg testing. I received this in the mail about 1 month ago, presumably before EPA numbers hit.

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
You've been sitting on this for a month?

My bad. I was surprised When I received it in the mail. I figured others had it as it looked like a mass mailing. It was unofficial MPG too, since only mfg testing and not EPA. Ram indicated that etorque wasn't targeted as efficient as much as torque for towing. Still I recall them saying around 10% estimated improvement in their testing. All it indicates is the hwy number. I would think the combined would be better, as depicted in the new window stickers.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bobbi, can you call them up and ask for more pictures

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Wonder why they didn't cool the Hemi with coolant like the Pentastar rather than air cooled.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondered that myself but assume that since they are different output, Ram engineers know what they are doing. I'd have probably paid extra if they offered an "eTorque cooling package" though.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Wondered that myself but assume that since they are different output, Ram engineers know what they are doing. I'd have probably paid extra if they offered an "eTorque cooling package" though.

They may I remember they offered a heater to warm your windshield washer fluid. It was just a little too expensive though like $300. I guess it would be really cooled when you add the new Ram Air intake like on the Bighorn demo truck.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did, this is from Chad Myers from Myers Chrysler in Bellevue Ohio and here is the picture for the E torque

View attachment 1117

I wish I would have scene this two days ago. Drove almost right past this place on my way back; to Cincinnati from Put in Bay, Would have been nice to stop and take a test drive.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are a few more out there that say they have them in stock. Odd that I have seen no reviews yet, is there a media embargo on ETorque?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whats the life expectancy of this e-torque battery? What is the cost to replace it when it goes out?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whats the life expectancy of this e-torque battery? What is the cost to replace it when it goes out?
Those are good questions. My understanding from reading the warranty documents is that the eTorque unit and associated battery (i.e. the "belt driven hybrid starter generator assembly") are covered under the 3/36 warranty (see page 18), not the powertrain warranty. But it is not clear that this "assembly" includes the 48V battery. The owner's manual doesn't address this either.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are good questions. My understanding from reading the warranty documents is that the eTorque unit and associated battery (i.e. the "belt driven hybrid starter generator assembly") are covered under the 3/36 warranty (see page 18), not the powertrain warranty. But it is not clear that this "assembly" includes the 48V battery. The owner's manual doesn't address this either.
Seems to be then 36,000 mile warranty is a bit low and I would want an extended warranty on that. From reading about generic hybrid batteries online I would imagine with parts and labor gunna cost 2-4k to replace. Not sure if thats a good source to use though. Especially being released this year I would want a way better warranty.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to be then 36,000 mile warranty is a bit low and I would want an extended warranty on that. From reading about generic hybrid batteries online I would imagine with parts and labor gunna cost 2-4k to replace. Not sure if thats a good source to use though. Especially being released this year I would want a way better warranty.
I'm thinking it's a plug-and-play part, not a traditional hybrid "battery tray" (and way less powerful, too). So I'd be surprised if it's not a DIY replacement, and it shouldn't cost more than a few hundred dollars. But we won't know anything until we have a part number for it.

Users who are viewing this thread