5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The dreaded leaking and cracked rear window frame

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve just noticed today I have the same thing and I have no leaks either did yours ever started leaking yet ?

No. Maybe a bead of water here or there (almost like condensation)
Not worth messing with to me.
You both should keep an eye on these if you have cracks in your window frames. They can and will most likely only get worse. Our 2020 Limited had the cracks in the frame from the time it was 6 months old, and seemed to be leak free for about two years. Once it started leaking it quickly took out the RF hub, which opened up a new can of worms.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just found this video on Facebutt. I'm not sure how he's creating positive pressure in the cab, but this looks like a much better way to find a leak.

I blocked off the exhaust vents the best I could and had fan on max. outside air on.
Did not work for me. Maybe due to an operator error.

TreyBobo

Reaction score
I’ve just noticed today I have the same thing and I have no leaks either did yours ever started leaking yet ?
If you have this issue, call your dealership and reference TSB # 23-016-21 and that you would like to have to fixed under the Mopar extended warranty associated with this TSB.

A local dealership had the window in stock, so I took it in the next day and it was fixed by a local glass company and ready after work... for free.

dizzy1127

Reaction score
@RamCares why do you guys not want to fix these defective backlites and rear cabin windows when the vehicle falls within the build date of the defect, just because it doesnt tie to the vin? It clearly states in the tsb that this defect applies to trucks built before or on sept 30th 2020. Pretty ridiculous and frustrating that you wont fix manufacturing defects. Ive never had a car or truck in for so many defects. Water leaking into the cabin on a commuter truck that hasnt even seen work it was built for? Junk product, will go back to reliable manufacturers.

dizzy1127

Reaction score
Every other vehicle ive ever owned never had interior quality issues with dash bubbling, or water leaking into the cabin or sun visors randomly breaking off, or center console latch snaping off. Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Acura, BMW Audi, Porsche. Volvo was kinda finicky with its infotainment but interior quality was on point. I will admit powertrain on this ram hasnt been an issue, but blatant defect in interior that the manufacturer admits to, then says go f*** urself is a first for me.

JRD

Reaction score
@RamCares why do you guys not want to fix these defective backlites and rear cabin windows when the vehicle falls within the build date of the defect, just because it doesnt tie to the vin? It clearly states in the tsb that this defect applies to trucks built before or on sept 30th 2020. Pretty ridiculous and frustrating that you wont fix manufacturing defects. Ive never had a car or truck in for so many defects. Water leaking into the cabin on a commuter truck that hasnt even seen work it was built for? Junk product, will go back to reliable manufacturers.
Good luck, I’ve been dealing with Ram Cares since Feb 29. In that time, I have actually gotten someone to speak to me 3 times. One being the initial call saying they opened a case.

Edit: I am dealing with the same issue, they say my VIN doesn’t have the issue. The fact that I have the same crack, in the same location as the TSB is just a coincidence. Only the VINs they hand selected have the issue. I’ve been quoted $1,400 just for the glass, they haven’t even quoted me yet for my rear seat with water marks in it. I have a black headliner and dark windows so it’s hard to tell if that’s been damaged but it was sopping wet the last good rain we had. Mold, what’s that? But don’t worry! They’ll have the dealership detail the truck to get rid of the mildew smell. I have two small children so it’s a bit troubling they don’t seem to care/understand mold and the headliner absorbing and storing that much water.

That’s the end of my rant, as you can tell I’m equally as frustrated. A real shame because I do love the truck.

Last edited:

dizzy1127

Reaction score
Good luck, I’ve been dealing with Ram Cares since Feb 29. In that time, I have actually gotten someone to speak to me 3 times. One being the initial call saying they opened a case.

Edit: I am dealing with the same issue, they say my VIN doesn’t have the issue. The fact that I have the same crack, in the same location as the TSB is just a coincidence. Only the VINs they hand selected have the issue. I’ve been quoted $1,400 just for the glass, they haven’t even quoted me yet for my rear seat with water marks in it. I have a black headliner and dark windows so it’s hard to tell if that’s been damaged but it was sopping wet the last good rain we had. Mold, what’s that? But don’t worry! They’ll have the dealership detail the truck to get rid of the mildew smell. I have two small children so it’s a bit troubling they don’t seem to care/understand mold and the headliner absorbing and storing that much water.

That’s the end of my rant, as you can tell I’m equally as frustrated. A real shame because I do love the truck.
Yeah. Im sure we are not the only ones plagued with this issue. @RamCares Its infuriating how you treat your customers, you have no business building 70k - 80k+ "luxury trucks" in limited or tungsten trims if your service is this garbage.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @JRD, @dizzy1127, @Papi4baby!

We understand how frustrating the above can be and are eager to see each of your vehicle's return to performing normally. Let's work together to find a solution! If you have a case number with us, our team would be happy to review further. If you have yet to visit your dealer we can also serve as an additional layer of support and communication.

Feel free to send us a private message individually with some additional context for us to start a conversation! Hope to connect with each of you soon.

Hannah
Ram Cares

dizzy1127

Reaction score
From @RamCares

We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. After looking into your case, we see that you have spoken with the supervisor regarding your concerns and made the decision to close the case. Since your case has been closed for this inquiry, we are unable to further assist. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

At least they responded quickly to tell me to continue to f*** off.

mtbiker033

Reaction score
I have just discovered a similar leak in mine (2020) they replaced my 3rd brake light under recall and sure enough, still leaking some. I'm drying it out and have to go up there, when I had the 3rd brake light done my advisor was telling me something about having to call chrysler or something sounded like ******** to me so I will find out.

thank you guys for posting the pictures, now I know what to look for!

update - I could see a couple places where it looks like water came from above and went over the frame and left residue, both extreme corners had water spots on the inside, the plastic frame didn't looked cracked anywhere but I could see where water ran over it - it looked like a crack at first but its like residue

Last edited:

M1CK22

Reaction score
I’m in the same situation and know how frustrating it is. My 19 Ram 1500 falls within the specified build date and has all the same issues listed in the TSB but “apparently” it’s not defective according to RAM and will not be covered. It kills manufacturers to make things right these days.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m in the same situation and know how frustrating it is. My 19 Ram 1500 falls within the specified build date and has all the same issues listed in the TSB but “apparently” it’s not defective according to RAM and will not be covered. It kills manufacturers to make things right these days.
That's BS

Shadowsnkx

Reaction score
They are telling me the same. I guess if they won’t fix it, we can always file a class action lawsuit and get it fixed in 3-5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread