5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The apparently all too common water leak

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure I have mentioned this here before.
My friends and family love to throw their empties on to the bed, on the way home from the airport.
So the slider is a must have.

carlaj

Reaction score
The headliner is dry as a bone so I'd imagine its not the shark fin or the high brake light. The only spot I can tell that gets wet at the back edge of the floor carpet in the center under in the seat. I have an appointment with the dealer 1st thing Monday morning
After checking and resealing shark fin (which was fine), and 3rd brake light, and multiple trips to the dealer, and replacing back slider window (which was leaking too) , we found the main problem was the body seam of the truck cab above the rear window. Of course because during all of this I had the rear window replaced initially by somebody else, the dealership did not want to take off that window to look further, they only wanted to blame it on the window. They were more concerned about who was going to pay if they didn't find a body seem leak. Now I have to figure out how to get them to actually fix the truck leak. The body seem leak is very sizable. The shop that installed my window was nice enough to pull the window back off and they found the body seem leak for me. He guaranteed his work and he knew that that window was not leaking and was nice enough to not even charge me when he put the window back on a second time after taking pictures for me of the initial problem. He did all of this only because the dealership was trying to place blame on him. Now to fight the fight of getting Mopar to fix the truck. My carpets were getting absolutely soaked and right now there's just a temporary fix of sealant plugging that huge gap.

carlaj

Reaction score
After checking and resealing shark fin (which was fine), and 3rd brake light, and multiple trips to the dealer, and replacing back slider window (which was leaking too) , we found the main problem was the body seam of the truck cab above the rear window. Of course because during all of this I had the rear window replaced initially by somebody else, the dealership did not want to take off that window to look further, they only wanted to blame it on the window. They were more concerned about who was going to pay if they didn't find a body seem leak. Now I have to figure out how to get them to actually fix the truck leak. The body seem leak is very sizable. The shop that installed my window was nice enough to pull the window back off and they found the body seem leak for me. He guaranteed his work and he knew that that window was not leaking and was nice enough to not even charge me when he put the window back on a second time after taking pictures for me of the initial problem. He did all of this only because the dealership was trying to place blame on him. Now to fight the fight of getting Mopar to fix the truck. My carpets were getting absolutely soaked and right now there's just a temporary fix of sealant plugging that huge gap. It took 2 years to find this leak and a lot of run around from the dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online