5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tazer has voided my warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick57

Reaction score
I was going to bring up the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. but I see someone already has. The big thing here is the burden of proof is on them, not you! A well educated man is a dangerous and powerful one... Don't let them take advantage of you.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was going to bring up the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. but I see someone already has. The big thing here is the burden of proof is on them, not you! A well educated man is a dangerous and powerful one... Don't let them take advantage of you.
Agreed, OP just needs to decide what is worth his time. In this case it is probably much easier to get out of this truck right now than to fight FCA on the issue

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The Tazer doesn't do anything to the PCM, it's all BCM changes. I think they locked it because they saw that the SGW was bypassed and they don't know if anything else was done to it. I'm curious if the code in the PCM was set, I think its a P1500 or something that gets tripped when a PCM gets unlocked.
I would push back a little and ask for more proof that it was the tazer that caused the issue. Even if they can't, I've heard its almost an act of god to get a warranty put back into place.
Non-starter. Maybe it was the bypassing of the SGW and not a "ping" to the ECU. However, in the end, it's a dead issue. Not to beat a dead horse, or put salt on a wound, but as others have said, you need to be diligent in removing these types of accessories BEFORE going in for service...even an oil change!
Using the MM Act is futile and his case could get drawn out for several months or years and he'll have FCA lawyers fighting him on it as well. Not worth it at all.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Using the MM Act is futile and his case could get drawn out for several months or years and he'll have FCA lawyers fighting him on it as well. Not worth it at all.
Actually, I doubt Ram would waste that much money and resources on a single case. Would cost them more than the warranty is worth trying to drag it out, and that's just bad business.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I finally got a hold of my case manager at ram. Pathetic situation.

She confirmed that the corporate tech who inspected my truck said that my “tune“ was the cause of the problem and that I can no longer make claims for my transmission clunk. Nothing else is affected.
I responded by asking for this in writing. She said they do not provide documentation to the customer. I said thats interesting, so please tell me what wrong so I can get my truck fixed considering that neither the dealer nor FCA have been able to isolate or solve the problem. I have paperwork showing that all computer systems have been scanned and reset multiple times including black boxes run with data sent back to FCA for analysis to no avail. That was when they replaced the valve body and then a tranny the first time. She said they do not know whats wrong and do not have that information. My best bet per her words is to take it to a transmission shop.

So they are positive that my “Tune” broke my transmission, positive enough to void my warranty claims but they can’t tell me whats actually broken or if it is the transmission which has less than 9000mi. Therefore Ram cannot tell me how my supposed actions were directly responsible for the faults. This argument they are making doesnt have one half of a leg to stand on.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
I finally got a hold of my case manager at ram. Pathetic situation.

She confirmed that the corporate tech who inspected my truck said that my “tune“ was the cause of the problem and that I can no longer make claims for my transmission clunk. Nothing else is affected.
I responded by asking for this in writing. She said they do not provide documentation to the customer. I said thats interesting, so please tell me what wrong so I can get my truck fixed considering that neither the dealer nor FCA have been able to isolate or solve the problem. I have paperwork showing that all computer systems have been scanned and reset multiple times including black boxes run with data sent back to FCA for analysis to no avail. That was when they replaced the valve body and then a tranny the first time. She said they do not know whats wrong and do not have that information. My best bet per her words is to take it to a transmission shop.

So they are positive that my “Tune” broke my transmission, positive enough to void my warranty claims but they can’t tell me whats actually broken or if it is the transmission which has less than 9000mi. Therefore Ram cannot tell me how my supposed actions were directly responsible for the faults. This argument they are making doesnt have one half of a leg to stand on.

Everyone’s saying don’t fight them but you know what man. If you got the money. F them. Lawyer up. F it. Fight it till the end. It’s all on principal. Ram needs to stand behind their product. If they don’t. Call your local news and get it on the tv. Then take a full page add in alll the local newspapers. Then park the truck out front of the dealership with signs all over it until they do something. If they won’t then press them harder. Start a go fund me and I’ll chip in some money. They can’t get away with this crap. The dealerships are already notoriously crap. They do whatever it takes to not solve the problem. F them. Do what you have to man. You paid for a product and it failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HMC8403

Reaction score
When I was dealing with my 2019 electrical issues, prior to getting it Lemoned, the dealer informed me that the Star Team tech refused to do anymore diagnostics until I removed all aftermarket accessories; only thing installed was a dashcam and a radar/laser detector. Even though the only connections to the truck was the ground and fuse tap, they made me remove everything including the unplugged wires.

Question regarding the warranty!!! The main reason I use the Tazer DT is to set the tire size enter moving to 285/55/22. If I unmarry (return to stock) the unit before going in due service: can the dealer say the odometer is not reporting correctly, less miles because of the larger tires, and void the warranty because of Odo Tampering?

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Everyone’s saying don’t fight them but you know what man. If you got the money. F them. Lawyer up. F it. Fight it till the end. It’s all on principal. Ram needs to stand behind their product. If they don’t. Call your local news and get it on the tv. Then take a full page add in alll the local newspapers. Then park the truck out front of the dealership with signs all over it until they do something. If they won’t then press them harder. Start a go fund me and I’ll chip in some money. They can’t get away with this crap. The dealerships are already notoriously crap. They do whatever it takes to not solve the problem. F them. Do what you have to man. You paid for a product and it failed.

This is exactly how I really feel about it as well. But like I said before he has to decide if it’s worth his time, money, and stress to do that. In the end it’s just a truck. If he could get out of it without taking a massive hit to the pocket book and just move on it may be the better option. He can still let people know about his experience.

This is the main reason I’ve never used any kind of tuner. I was going to use something on my ecodiesel just so I could see when it was doing regens and even bought the stuff to do it and changed my mind and sent the stuff back. I just don’t feel comfortably using anything that plugs into the computer of the truck until its out of warranty

BigD

Reaction score
Reading all these responses for this guy to sell his truck makes me NEVER want to buy used EVER again. I feel bad for the next person who gets stuck with this p.o.s. !! I've been on this forum awhile now. I can testify the vast majority of problems with Ram trucks are on 2019's that were bought used. U have no idea how bad the last guy beat the crap out of it !!!!

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reading all these responses for this guy to sell his truck makes me NEVER want to buy used EVER again. I feel bad for the next person who gets stuck with this p.o.s. !! I've been on this forum awhile now. I can testify the vast majority of problems with Ram trucks are on 2019's that were bought used. U have no idea how bad the last guy beat the crap out of it !!!!
Thats why if you buy a used truck you need to do your research. If you see that a truck has been in for work 8 times in the first year of ownership and has had the tranny replaced etc you don’t buy it. I don’t feel bad for people who don’t do their research before they buy something.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score
This is exactly how I really feel about it as well. But like I said before he has to decide if it’s worth his time, money, and stress to do that. In the end it’s just a truck. If he could get out of it without taking a massive hit to the pocket book and just move on it may be the better option. He can still let people know about his experience.

This is the main reason I’ve never used any kind of tuner. I was going to use something on my ecodiesel just so I could see when it was doing regens and even bought the stuff to do it and changed my mind and sent the stuff back. I just don’t feel comfortably using anything that plugs into the computer of the truck until its out of warranty

If he has an attorney he doesn’t have to worry about his time involvement only cost. If he has some disposable income then go for it if not like I suggested start a go fund me. Can’t kick the can because Ram wouldn’t honor their warranty. He was having issues prior to the bs excuse. Not every used truck is bought at a dealer and not everyone provides service records. Glad you do your due diligence but even with that you still don’t know if the dealer just wipes the vin for resale. Or if it was even taken to a dealer that puts it on record.

‘19ramlveryeha

Reaction score

Also the tazer isn’t a tuner. None of these plug and play mods are tuners. That’s been explained above.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also the tazer isn’t a tuner. None of these plug and play mods are tuners. That’s been explained above.

I understand it’s not a tuner, I just mean I don’t feel comfortable messing with anything that communicates with the vehicles system. It’s not something I’m knowledgable about and If there is a chance it can void my warranty I’m not messing with it.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If he has an attorney he doesn’t have to worry about his time involvement only cost. If he has some disposable income then go for it if not like I suggested start a go fund me. Can’t kick the can because Ram wouldn’t honor their warranty. He was having issues prior to the bs excuse. Not every used truck is bought at a dealer and not everyone provides service records. Glad you do your due diligence but even with that you still don’t know if the dealer just wipes the vin for resale. Or if it was even taken to a dealer that puts it on record.

I understand what you’re saying but I still stick by what I said. Every person in this situation needs to decide if it’s worth it to them. Most people have enough stress in their life. Sure if you can get enough money from a go fund me account and pay a lawyer to handle it more power to you. And I agree it ticks me off like crazy that dealers do this crap. But you got to pick your battles.

Personally I’d love to see one of the major news networks do a deep dive into the corrupt practices at car dealerships And do a big news special on it.

BigD

Reaction score
Thats why if you buy a used truck you need to do your research. If you see that a truck has been in for work 8 times in the first year of ownership and has had the tranny replaced etc you don’t buy it. I don’t feel bad for people who don’t do their research before they buy something.
If someone beats the crap out of their truck, it's not going to show the first yr or 2. Also, not everything shows up on those service reports. Depends on where they brought it & if it was recorded or not.

BigD

Reaction score

Exactly. I've bought many used vehicles that showed like one or 2 oil changes in 40,000 miles. After getting it checked out, u could obviously tell they got regular oil changes. It just wasn't recorded.

U

User_63152

Man, after reading all this, I will definitely unmarry and take my Tazer DT out before I go in for any service. What about a Pedal Commander/Roar Pedal? Is that considered a "tune", too? How about aftermarket stereo equipment? Is that a "tune''? Pun intended.

I am sorry for all this trouble you're going though. Sounds awful. FCA need to step up and fix your crap. Ridiculous!

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, after reading all this, I will definitely unmarry and take my Tazer DT out before I go in for any service. What about a Pedal Commander/Roar Pedal? Is that considered a "tune", too?

I am sorry for all this trouble you're going though. Sounds awful. FCA need to step up and fix your crap. Ridiculous!
Yep, they can do the same with either of those connected as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread