5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

dearchristopher

Reaction score
anyone have an etorque truck with an 8.4 non nav, and actually uses the auto start stop feature?

super specific combo i know, but i have a few bugs particular to my truck and i think it’s because i fit the mold above. i have an email chain with tazer support right now because my pin lock, persistent backup cam, remote restart, and a couple other minor features don’t work. i’ve tried 18.2.3 and 18.2.4 but no luck.

i will say, their support is pretty top notch. also, the brake hold feature is my new favorite thing about the tazer. super convenient at long lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have problem . When i marry the tazer and change everything i want.al things are perfect . The amber light,the turn cam, and the switch headlight are normally . But when I unmarry. Full Reboot .the switch headlight not working. The headlight always on. Before i install and marry the tazer i can switched off or on ,auto the lights .

* if i marry again the tazer ,the switch working properly .
Ram 1500 limited
Tazer with 18.1.6

dearchristopher

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have problem . When i marry the tazer and change everything i want.al things are perfect . The amber light,the turn cam, and the switch headlight are normally . But when I unmarry. Full Reboot .the switch headlight not working. The headlight always on. Before i install and marry the tazer i can switched off or on ,auto the lights .

Ram 1500 limited
Tazer with 18.1.6

when the truck is in park and you switch to parking lamps only, or lights off, are the lights still on?

you could be describing daytime running lights

barrak

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Ram 1500 limited
Tazer with 18.1.6
The required two sleep cycles after the Full Reboot are tricky to get right sometimes.

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
when the truck is in park and you switch to parking lamps only, or lights off, are the lights still on?

you could be describing daytime running lights

The truck in D and i switch lights to off position it's still on, before i have tazer . When the truck on D i can switched off the lights . But now its same it's program to Canada trucks .because my truck is US Exporter.sorry for my English

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello everyone

Ram 1500 limited
Tazer with 18.1.6
Are you actually unmarrying the Tazer, or just removing it after install? The only time you want to unmarry is if you are no longer going to use it. My suggestion would be to reinstall the Tazer, make the changes you want, do a full reboot and perform two sleep cycles (you might even consider disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes before the install and allowing the stock system to reset to factory defaults). After that just leave the Tazer connected.

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
Are you actually unmarrying the Tazer, or just removing it after install? The only time you want to unmarry is if you are no longer going to use it. My suggestion would be to reinstall the Tazer, make the changes you want, do a full reboot and perform two sleep cycles (you might even consider disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes before the install and allowing the stock system to reset to factory defaults). After that just leave the Tazer connected.
I unmarry the tazer and perform two sleep cycle ,

What about if I am no longer want to use it. And i want to go back and reset the system to factory defaults , my problem is the switch of the headlight did not return to factory settings. I can't turned off the lights . It's same the lights go to canada system . All the time on

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I unmarry the tazer and perform two sleep cycle ,

What about if I am no longer want to use it. And i want to go back and reset the system to factory defaults , my problem is the switch of the headlight did not return to factory settings. I can't turned off the lights . It's same the lights go to canada system . All the time on
Probably need to use alfaObd or Jscan to change it to USA if that's what you want.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Even if it was basically the American system ??
Yes this is correct.
In Canada DRL is forced on, in USA we have the option for it.

With Alfaobd you can change the setting in your truck permanently to give you the option.
With the Tazer you need to keep it connected for it to function.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know this thread if for 2019s, but does anyone know the trick to get camera in motion working on a 2022? I'm on the latest firmware 18.2.4

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
Yes this is correct.
In Canada DRL is forced on, in USA we have the option for it.

With Alfaobd you can change the setting in your truck permanently to give you the option.
With the Tazer you need to keep it connected for it to function.
I know I didn't get my question right.

I have USA option from the first day I bought my truck (from 4 years )
**but after i install tazer and change the factory settings .

I noticed that if i unmarry tazer and put back the factory two connection wired. And removed the tazer
My headlight always on and when i rotate the switch to the right or left It doesn't change anything.

If i marry again the tazer . The switch working properly as before i installed tazer.(same the day one i bought the ram )

The problem is the switch not working properly without tazer now

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know I didn't get my question right.

I have USA option from the first day I bought my truck (from 4 years )
**but after i install tazer and change the factory settings .

I noticed that if i unmarry tazer and put back the factory two connection wired. And removed the tazer
My headlight always on and when i rotate the switch to the right or left It doesn't change anything.

If i marry again the tazer . The switch working properly as before i installed tazer.(same the day one i bought the ram )

The problem is the switch not working properly without tazer now
You said it was an export. Maybe something was changed during that export process that the TazerDT reset, and you just didn't realize it. If you don't want to use the TazerDT, then get alfaObd and set it back to US.

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
I've just done a atest now.i didn't install or marry tazer from yesterday .
I just plug the factory wired after unmarry tazer yesterday .

Now when the RAM on park and the park Brakes engage . The switch is working good . Its going auto and turn off the headlight ( BUT THE DRL IS ALWAYS ON ).

* but after that If i release the parking brake and turn the switch to any position nothing happened

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
I reinstalled my tazer two days ago to calibrate my Speedo and had all kinds of electrical issues on my 6 hour drive last night from Georgia to Florida.
My truck just freaked out and cut off 4 times over the course of driving.

Service electronic stability control popped on then about 10 minutes later no bus appears on dash and about 8 different systems warnings from headlights to park sensors and loss of all window switches and turn signals but the headlights still work and the radio and lights inside then 5 minutes later the truck cuts off while still rolling and then comes back on and tells me I need to shift to park to start truck. I pull over, cut it off and it will start right back up and drive but with a check engine yellow light on.

ya3coub

Reaction score
I reinstalled my tazer two days ago to calibrate my Speedo and had all kinds of electrical issues on my 6 hour drive last night from Georgia to Florida.
My truck just freaked out and cut off 4 times over the course of driving.

Service electronic stability control popped on then about 10 minutes later no bus appears on dash and about 8 different systems warnings from headlights to park sensors and loss of all window switches and turn signals but the headlights still work and the radio and lights inside then 5 minutes later the truck cuts off while still rolling and then comes back on and tells me I need to shift to park to start truck. I pull over, cut it off and it will start right back up and drive but with a check engine yellow light on.
That’s exactly what I’m facing.

Ac will be on fan, interior lights will turn of, signals, horn, highbeam, even the windows I will lose control on everything.

Even after unmarried tazer the car was fine for 2 weeks and I wanted to try it again and all sort of no bus, this time it more often and even with unmarried and 2 sleep cycles of reboot without the tazer I’ve experienced it once.

Here are some photos, over the past week Only

Attachments

• IMG_7992.jpeg
    IMG_7992.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7944.jpeg
    IMG_7944.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7833.jpeg
    IMG_7833.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7832.jpeg
    IMG_7832.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 20

ya3coub

Reaction score
I’m also having a blue screen after trying to connect the front camera by ZAutomotive.

The screen shows 2 cargo camera buttons, but nothing is showing on the screen only blue screen.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ha e you reached out to Z-automotive customer support? They are usually pretty responsive to issues

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Ha e you reached out to Z-automotive customer support? They are usually pretty responsive to issues
I reached out and I had already did what they said try because I changed the battery before I got their email.. response below
- with the Tazer removed, and the security gateway connectors reconnected to the vehicle, remove the negative terminal on the battery for 2 minutes and then reconnect. At that point retest and see if the problem persists.

I responded and told them I had already did that and I’m still having issues. I know because of the holiday I expect that I could have some delays in response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online