5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s exactly what I’m facing.

Ac will be on fan, interior lights will turn of, signals, horn, highbeam, even the windows I will lose control on everything.

Even after unmarried tazer the car was fine for 2 weeks and I wanted to try it again and all sort of no bus, this time it more often and even with unmarried and 2 sleep cycles of reboot without the tazer I’ve experienced it once.

Here are some photos, over the past week Only
So my tazer has been off for a few days now and im definitely still having the issue. It seems like you are having some of the same issues as me. Did tazer recommend anything for you to try?

RLee276

Reaction score
Curious to know if it works with a pulsar also. Does anyone know? Anyone have both?
It works with pulsar. Just have to make sure you don’t program the buttons on the steering wheel that you use to change pulsar setting.
And you will get a line mismatch code that will not go away if you change tire size. And hidden message code from changing the headlights and tail lights to led.
There no engine light codes. But they don’t go away unless you change those settings back to stock.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I don't use my Tazer actively to change features, but I leave it plugged in. The other day I too started my truck(now just a weekend driver) and all of a sudden I got a splash of errors and service warnings all over my EVIC. I could not get into the Tazer settings so I left my battery unplugged for 15 min and also tried cycling the truck without the tazer installed.
I am still unable to access tazer via the EVIC and audio/steering wheel controls as before. Yesterday I updated tazer to the latest firmware and am still unable to access the device in my truck. Through their website I sent a message to Z automotive but have not heard back for two days. Through my research, I do not see a similar situation where the truck doesn't recognize the tazer.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't use my Tazer actively to change features, but I leave it plugged in. The other day I too started my truck(now just a weekend driver) and all of a sudden I got a splash of errors and service warnings all over my EVIC. I could not get into the Tazer settings so I left my battery unplugged for 15 min and also tried cycling the truck without the tazer installed.
I am still unable to access tazer via the EVIC and audio/steering wheel controls as before. Yesterday I updated tazer to the latest firmware and am still unable to access the device in my truck. Through their website I sent a message to Z automotive but have not heard back for two days. Through my research, I do not see a similar situation where the truck doesn't recognize the tazer.
Chances are you had the same thing happened that I have experienced a couple times since I did the latest update with the fob lock security feature. If you accidentally hit lock on the fob, after getting in the truck, before or during starting it will do all that's and your truck will be locked out to prevent theft. What I have found is shut truck off, open door, wait 1 minute. Hit unlock on the fob, then shut the door and restart the truck. It clears every time.

Chances are, since you have done all the other stuff, with removing Tazer, updating firmware, unhooking battery, you may have completely locked yourself out.

Just for troubleshooting sake, reinstall the Tazer, then lock and unlock the doors with the same fob as you used beforez and see if that helps.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
so, even if you don't use all the security features from the Tazer, you can still get issues with that?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so, even if you don't use all the security features from the Tazer, you can still get issues with that?
The only things I use is fob kill and kill pedal.

Also, it's programmed so if the TazerDT is removed, the security features are still enabled.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Chances are you had the same thing happened that I have experienced a couple times since I did the latest update with the fob lock security feature. If you accidentally hit lock on the fob, after getting in the truck, before or during starting it will do all that's and your truck will be locked out to prevent theft. What I have found is shut truck off, open door, wait 1 minute. Hit unlock on the fob, then shut the door and restart the truck. It clears every time.

Chances are, since you have done all the other stuff, with removing Tazer, updating firmware, unhooking battery, you may have completely locked yourself out.

Just for troubleshooting sake, reinstall the Tazer, then lock and unlock the doors with the same fob as you used beforez and see if that helps.
Thank you. I’ll give that a try this evening.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
The only things I use is fob kill and kill pedal.

Also, it's programmed so if the TazerDT is removed, the security features are still enabled.
maybe that is the issue. Cause it stays enabled.
It is also quite a new feature of the Tazer DT so maybe we need to wait for some new firmware.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Well no changes. I tried your trick and the truck still doesn’t recognize the Tazer. Very odd. Still no response from Z automotive.
The Tazer unit does feel very warm. Is that normal?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well no changes. I tried your trick and the truck still doesn’t recognize the Tazer. Very odd. Still no response from Z automotive.
I'm thinking that maybe by removing it, and trying to update the TazerDT may have prevented it from resetting. Will be interesting to see response from Z-automotive

barrak

Reaction score
Just in case you forgotten about it, the dash menu needs to be cycled to audio display in order to access the Tazer.

Every now and then my Tazer triggers some protection mode, mostly due to me deviating from expected pre-programmed behavior (multiple door lock/unlock sequences without turning engine on, forgetting to enter PIN before driving, forgetting to shift to Park before turning engine off, ...etc.). In all cases, I was always able to access the Tazer to perform a Full Reboot.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
This is a head-scratcher. Thanks for the reminder. I thought that maybe I had forgotten a step in the process and read and reread instructions and downloaded the most recent manual thinking I may have missed a revised process. No luck.

I took the Tazer out last night and plugged the cables back in to the SGM. This morning I tried the Tazer again but this time I got a different error. Not only would it not show up on the screen in audio mode, as soon as I plugged it in, the drivers’s door ajar icon remained illuminated on the dash(doors closed) and ignition button was blip flashing. For fear of bricking my truck I removed the Tazer and plugged the wires back in to the SGM. With no Tazer the truck functions mostly as normal.

So very odd.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is a head-scratcher. Thanks for the reminder. I thought that maybe I had forgotten a step in the process and read and reread instructions and downloaded the most recent manual thinking I may have missed a revised process. No luck.

I took the Tazer out last night and plugged the cables back in to the SGM. This morning I tried the Tazer again but this time I got a different error. Not only would it not show up on the screen in audio mode, as soon as I plugged it in, the drivers’s door ajar icon remained illuminated on the dash(doors closed) and ignition button was blip flashing. For fear of bricking my truck I removed the Tazer and plugged the wires back in to the SGM. With no Tazer the truck functions mostly as normal.

So very odd.
Are you letting your systems go to sleep and or removing the battery before plugging it in?
Keys far away, leave the driver door open for 15 minutes then plug it in.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
Are you letting your systems go to sleep and or removing the battery before plugging it in?
I let it sleep overnight in my driveway.

I’ve got to wash the boat and cut the grass today. I’ll try the keys away and open door approach. Thanks for the help!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've only done that the very first time I plugged it in. Since then, open door, unplug TazerDT, take it inside for update, take it back out to truck, open doors plug it in.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've only done that the very first time I plugged it in. Since then, open door, unplug TazerDT, take it inside for update, take it back out to truck, open doors plug it in.
When your security gateway already bypassed.
The person I responded to was removing the cables from his firewall right into the Tazer and then getting lights\codes ASAP so it was still communicating likely through the firewall when he yanked it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When your security gateway already bypassed.
The person I responded to was removing the cables from his firewall right into the Tazer and then getting lights\codes ASAP so it was still communicating likely through the firewall when he yanked it.
It's the same thing. The TazerDT replaced the SGW. Unplugging the TazerDT is the same as unplugging the SGW.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I had the door open no Tazer for about two hours. Just popped it back in and my EVIC didn’t even come on and the start button was blip flashing. Truck wouldn’t even start. I’m thinking my Tazer must have gone t’its up.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Anyone running a tazer with 275/60/20’s? Specifically Toyo AT3’s? I can’t seem to find the exact number to be on for a perfect speedometer.

Users who are viewing this thread