5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't comma.ai intercept cruise signal as well? Do the folks at Z-automotive, you have been working with, know you have that installed? Kind of important information. Much like my Pulsar and TazerDT not playing well since Z-automotive stopped supporting the Pulsar compatibility.
I mentioned it and they didn't say anything regarding it. I did figure out the camera popping up is being caused by the shortcut button function. I never enabled it, but at least I can press resume again to turn the camera off. For some reason it will not let me remap/turn off the button. Maybe I need to marry the Tazer, but I don't understand why since it's a live function.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mentioned it and they didn't say anything regarding it. I did figure out the camera popping up is being caused by the shortcut button function. I never enabled it, but at least I can press resume again to turn the camera off. For some reason it will not let me remap/turn off the button. Maybe I need to marry the Tazer, but I don't understand why since it's a live function.
Did you buy the TazerDT used? My current one I bought used. Guy before me had mapped the shortcuts, which effected me being able to use the buttons to change the Pulsar settings. There is a process to unmap them. I forget what it is, but it's not in the normal instructions

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you buy the TazerDT used? My current one I bought used. Guy before me had mapped the shortcuts, which effected me being able to use the buttons to change the Pulsar settings. There is a process to unmap them. I forget what it is, but it's not in the normal instructions
Yeah that might be what happened. The instructions say to hold right arrow + (button, in this case RES) to cycle through the shortcuts... but nothing happens when I do it.

ya3coub

Reaction score
For sure on Front Cam and cargo cam too....
I agree, only if that was also possible to add both
Brake hold is a feature of the TazerDT
Excellent, I just bought one with the jeep front camera.
Fount in online for $300 the only site with discount, can’t wait for it to arrive, I was told by Z automotive it will connect perfectly to the head unit, but for the grill I need to get creative with it.

Hopefully if it fits under the A in the RAM, I will share the updates

titan3636

Reaction score
I updated to the newest firmware and all seems to be working well. Finally, my auto stop start will save after turning off the truck! I have my amber DRL on and trying to decide if I like the new update now where it also leaves on the turn signal lights in the side mirrors. I emailed them and they said with this update there is no way to disable the mirrors on too. It’s all or nothing for now.

IMG_1239.jpeg IMG_1240.jpeg

titan3636

Reaction score
Yeah that might be what happened. The instructions say to hold right arrow + (button, in this case RES) to cycle through the shortcuts... but nothing happens when I do it.
I believe you need to have the evic screen on Audio and the cruise control on. Then try holding the right arrow + whatever button you want remapped. I have changed mine all around but forgot how exactly I got it to work. Once you have it set your cruise control has to be off for the short cuts to work. I have mine set to light shows as well as a shortcut for surround cameras while in motion. Works quite well.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe you need to have the evic screen on Audio and the cruise control on. Then try holding the right arrow + whatever button you want remapped. I have changed mine all around but forgot how exactly I got it to work. Once you have it set your cruise control has to be off for the short cuts to work. I have mine set to light shows as well as a shortcut for surround cameras while in motion. Works quite well.
Pretty sure that's how you clear the mapping as well. You cycle through until it doesn't display anything in audio screen

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I updated to the newest firmware and all seems to be working well. Finally, my auto stop start will save after turning off the truck! I have my amber DRL on and trying to decide if I like the new update now where it also leaves on the turn signal lights in the side mirrors. I emailed them and they said with this update there is no way to disable the mirrors on too. It’s all or nothing for now.

View attachment 158198 View attachment 158199
They don’t have a setting in the non-live settings to change the DRL location to turn signals?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They don’t have a setting in the non-live settings to change the DRL location to turn signals?
They used to, But with the new update to turn on mirrors as well, they had to make it a live setting.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So how’s the new update working for everybody with UC5? Any glitches or other issues?

Been waiting to hear before downloading on my Tazer.

07A07BF2-3585-496A-94E7-5B63A7B8E757.jpeg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It works different then just changing the turn signals. It can make the amber lights stay on all the time. Just changing the DRL doesn't make the amber stay on when your headlights engage the TazerDT does.
It also has the option do only let it be DRL and not turn on when the headlights are on also.

barrak

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting the Tazer DT mainly for its PIN Lock anti-theft feature and would appreciate some first-hand user confirmations on what happens to this security feature if the Tazer is physically unplugged during a real or simulated theft attempt.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting the Tazer DT mainly for its PIN Lock anti-theft feature and would appreciate some first-hand user confirmations on what happens to this security feature if the Tazer is physically unplugged during a real or simulated theft attempt.
With the most recent update, the start disable is still active if TazerDT is removed while attempting to steal

barrak

Reaction score
With the most recent update, the start disable is still active if TazerDT is removed while attempting to steal

Loverly!
Thank you for the confirmation.
That should provide much needed peace of mind when I take delivery of my new RAM tomorrow.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
anyone here knows that it is possible to change the turn signal lights in white (at the front) and red (at the back) instead of amber like default?
Cause if you can adjust the DRL from white to amber you should maybe also be possible to adjust the turn signal color?
Also during a light show, you see that the turn signal lights of the tail lights also blink red instead of amber in some shows

MarchAFB

Reaction score

View attachment 158198 View attachment 158199

I have the same LED sequential turn signals and I too do not like them on with the amber DRL's. I was running a previous beta version (1821 Beta 3) and it did not have the turn signals lit which I like better. I had to update my FW version to the latest due to some issues with the beta, so mine are "on" for now. I also emailed and asked Joe to have an option to turn this off. I thought maybe the DRL location setting would work for this, but no matter how I set it there is no change on mine.

20230427_122931.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
anyone here knows that it is possible to change the turn signal lights in white (at the front) and red (at the back) instead of amber like default?
Cause if you can adjust the DRL from white to amber you should maybe also be possible to adjust the turn signal color?
Also during a light show, you see that the turn signal lights of the tail lights also blink red instead of amber in some shows
Not with the Tazer. As far as the light show differences it's because the red brake light and amber turns on rear share the same lens.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It doesn't change the color.
It changes the light it uses.
The "amber" are your blinker bulbs\leds being used instead of the signature lights.

barrak

Reaction score
Just installed Tazer DT on my 2023 1500 Longhorn and programmed a PIN. Be aware that PIN Lock Enable is off by default and needs to be toggled on after coding the PIN.

I mistakenly assumed that the Full Reboot + two sleep cycles sequence is only required when changing non-Live Vehicle Settings, but not for Live function settings. Did the reboot sequence after marrying the Tazer. Then proceeded to setting the PIN Lock plus a few other Live options and omitted the reboot sequence afterwards.

The PIN still lock worked as advertised. However, Engine Light came on and stayed on, and a few DTCs were logged.

Luckily, clearing the DTCs followed by a full Reboot cycle cleared the issue completely and all is well, for now.

A side note: I asked zAutomotive earlier today about the Killbyfob feature, and they confirmed that when the vehicle is locked by the keyfob's button, the very same keyfob's unlock button will be needed to bypass the PIN entry. The other keyfob will not do nor a cloned keyfob. Those would require PIN entry, according to them.

Edit: Firmware version used was 18.2.4.

Users who are viewing this thread