5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m wondering about the longevity of the mirror motors with all that extra fold/unfold at each ignition cycle. Anybody have any issues with that over a long term?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m wondering about the longevity of the mirror motors with all that extra fold/unfold at each ignition cycle. Anybody have any issues with that over a long term?
When I first joined this forum, one of the hot topics was mirror motors/gears breaking. Haven't seen many posts recently about it. There really is no need, IMO, to fold the mirrors every time I shut the truck off. If I park somewhere that earsnce may be an issue I fold them, and fold them going through car washes.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
When I first joined this forum, one of the hot topics was mirror motors/gears breaking. Haven't seen many posts recently about it. There really is no need, IMO, to fold the mirrors every time I shut the truck off. If I park somewhere that earsnce may be an issue I fold them, and fold them going through car washes.
The thing is that it is also by other brands, even by the Stellantis brands they auto fold/unfold so why not by Ram... So it is good that, thanks to this Tazer, it is made possible.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The thing is that it is also by other brands, even by the Stellantis brands they auto fold/unfold so why not by Ram... So it is good that, thanks to this Tazer, it is made possible.
I still don't see the need for autofold everytime you turn off vehicle. If you want them folded, there is a button that will do it

Dewey

Reaction score
Same thing I do. I tried the feature and it works but was worried about excess wear so disabled.

HemiDude

Reaction score
I still don't see the need for autofold everytime you turn off vehicle. If you want them folded, there is a button that will do it
It would be nice if it functioned the same way my wife’s explorer does. They are auto fold mirrors, but they only do it when you lock the vehicle. Nice to be able to take a quick glance at your vehicle sometimes and see if it’s locked or not.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I tried that feature for a while, and it worked as advertised. But I disabled it - primarily because I have to fold my mirrors in prior to entering my garage. Every time I started my truck in the garage, they would unfold (and I would have to fold them right back in before I could back up). I also didn't see the need to stow them every time I park in public. When I think they need to be folded, I hit the button.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
People say they will not last very long. They use plastic on plastic gears.

If yours break don't get OEM replacement, here is a link to metal aftermarket ones designed because the OEM ones break

I never really fold mine if, i'm so close someone could hit my mirror, I would rather them hit that then my door.

I like the level 2 offroad and deploy step trick though. All cars and most SUVs can't clear the step so their door gets screwed up and not mine.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
People say they will not last very long. They use plastic on plastic gears.

If yours break don't get OEM replacement, here is a link to metal aftermarket ones designed because the OEM ones break

I never really fold mine if, i'm so close someone could hit my mirror, I would rather them hit that then my door.

I like the level 2 offroad and deploy step trick though. All cars and most SUVs can't clear the step so their door gets screwed up and not mine.
Description sucks. Is that both motor and mirror gears for each side? Only replacing one gear with metal and the other still plastic just means you will test up the remaining plastic gear faster.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Description sucks. Is that both motor and mirror gears for each side? Only replacing one gear with metal and the other still plastic just means you will test up the remaining plastic gear faster.
I don't know I never got it.
I saw some people talking about using it

They have a full manual which is insanely detailed in the first line of the description though "*** Click Here for the DIY ***"

I'm actually super impressed they provide a 30 page full color picture manual with instructions on how to take apart the mirror and everything.
I wish other companies selling expensive products would follow suite with them.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I came across a recent clip of a TRX and the beta version of the Tazer DT. He shows us that many is working

I hope this beta, that fixed already a few things comes quickly in to production

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
new update for the Tazer. Seems like a big one. Version 1.8.2.4

They are leaning heavy on the whole pin function. I like some of the added features, but hate that most require pin lock to be enabled, such as the pedal disable when locking with keyfob.

Sounds like they have "fixed" a lot of the issues with UC5. But also sounds like nav in motion will never be an option for UC5.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
They are leaning heavy on the whole pin function. I like some of the added features, but hate that most require pin lock to be enabled, such as the pedal disable when locking with keyfob.

Sounds like they have "fixed" a lot of the issues with UC5. But also sounds like nav in motion will never be an option for UC5.
I also don't trust those PIN things. When it glitches your truck may be bricked.

I also hope they will focus more on the other things. The nav in motion would have been great, but I've heard that it doesn't enable the option to search for addresses in Waze for example while driving.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I also don't trust those PIN things. When it glitches your truck may be bricked.

I also hope they will focus more on the other things. The nav in motion would have been great, but I've heard that it doesn't enable the option to search for addresses in Waze for example while driving.
The TazerDT can't make changes with how Waze or Google maps act since that is part of either android auto or apple car play.

HemiDude

Reaction score
new update for the Tazer. Seems like a big one. Version 1.8.2.4

Potentially promising. As @Dewey stated, I won't be in a hurry to install this latest update. Other than the random kill3honk, everything else on my Tazer is currently working as expected, but I had to go back a couple of updates to make it that dependable.

Dewey

Reaction score
Potentially promising. As @Dewey stated, I won't be in a hurry to install this latest update. Other than the random kill3honk, everything else on my Tazer is currently working as expected, but I had to go back a couple of updates to make it that dependable.
I’m currently at 18.1.5

Seems to work the best for me and no issues with the features I use.

Kill3Honk works fine on mine. Had issues at first but think it was because I didn’t do a few sleep cycles as directed. Still get random times where Auto/Stop doesn’t stay turned off. Turns back on about once a week for whatever reason. Not really a big deal but seems odd. Maybe the latest update fixed this but I’m gonna wait awhile.

1AE2F975-84E1-4207-BF07-04333A76E055.jpeg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nav in motion works on a 22?

Users who are viewing this thread