5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m currently at 18.1.5

Seems to work the best for me and no issues with the features I use.

Kill3Honk works fine on mine. Had issues at first but think it was because I didn’t do a few sleep cycles as directed. Still get random times where Auto/Stop doesn’t stay turned off. Turns back on about once a week for whatever reason. Not really a big deal but seems odd. Maybe the latest update fixed this but I’m gonna wait awhile.

View attachment 157119
I wish the honk would either stay off or stay on, it is just schizophrenic. Every now and then I run the sleep cycle drill just bc I have a little time to kill...

Alakdan

Reaction score
Latest version 18.2.4 is fk1ng awesome. All I need now is the "hidden" obd port just like the Challenger that they create a 2nd obd hidden inside the trunk.

PIN unlocking now is much better unlike the last version which is hit and miss.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do not understand the pin fully? What exactly does the pin do if some one could post a little more about it would be great.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do not understand the pin fully? What exactly does the pin do if some one could post a little more about it would be great.
In order to start the truck you have to enter a "pin" which is a sequence you set for pushing the steering wheel control buttons. If the "pin" isn't successfully entered, it immobilizes the truck.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update says it fixed an issue with brake lights & brake hold. I use this feature a lot. Anyone know what bug they're talking about?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update says it fixed an issue with brake lights & brake hold. I use this feature a lot. Anyone know what bug they're talking about?
It said something about the lights when using brake hold. I've always wondered if the brake lights went off when you took your foot off pedel, but obviously couldn't get out of truck to look

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
It said something about the lights when using brake hold. I've always wondered if the brake lights went off when you took your foot off pedel, but obviously couldn't get out of truck to look
Ask someone else or park before a store window.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brake hold keeps the pedal held down, so I assume it's a software issue.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it a feature with the Tazer, or your truck came with it?

if there is something I miss the most and not in my Ram is the front camera and the brake hold
Brake hold is a feature of the TazerDT

Marxvp1

Reaction score
So... I did this latest update on my 2022 Big Horn with the 8.4 inch Uconnect 5 system. I was hoping they would have fixed the issue with the turn cam coming on but not turning back off. Nope, still having the same issue. So, had to disable it... again. Ugh.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely does not keep pedel held down
Yep, you're right. The pedal usually depresses a bit more when brake hold activates, and I must have been thinking it held there.

I watched a sign in my rearview this morning at a stop light and sure enough my brake lights went off when using brake hold. I don't know if it always happens, or if it's all the lights, but definitely a safety issue.

Alakdan

Reaction score
I haven't any issue of brake hold including the brake lights. The killpedalnow is the best anti-theft. The pedal is disabled when the TazerDT is removed.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the latest version. I am still getting a possible cruise resume bug where I press RES and turncam activates and gets stuck on my screen until I reboot or go into park. (Edit: tech got back to me and said I likely have the resume button mapped to reverse cam - I have never purposely mapped anything, but will try to see if that's the fix).

And now, half the time I adjust my cruise speed, I'm getting the stupid turn signal flash/click noise in the dash that they added to notify of PIN countdown.

Granted, I'm not sure if any of this is caused by also running a Comma.AI since it intercepts CAN messages for steering... but I wouldn't think they'd interfere since they're not messing with the same functions.

I haven't any issue of brake hold including the brake lights. The killpedalnow is the best anti-theft. The pedal is disabled when the TazerDT is removed.
I think the issue is sporadic. I checked when I first turned the feature on and it was fine. But they definitely weren't working the other day when I checked at that stoplight.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I installed the latest version. I am still getting a possible cruise resume bug where I press RES and turncam activates and gets stuck on my screen until I reboot or go into park. (Edit: tech got back to me and said I likely have the resume button mapped to reverse cam - I have never purposely mapped anything, but will try to see if that's the fix).

And now, half the time I adjust my cruise speed, I'm getting the stupid turn signal flash/click noise in the dash that they added to notify of PIN countdown.

Granted, I'm not sure if any of this is caused by also running a Comma.AI since it intercepts CAN messages for steering... but I wouldn't think they'd interfere since they're not messing with the same functions.

I think the issue is sporadic. I checked when I first turned the feature on and it was fine. But they definitely weren't working the other day when I checked at that stoplight.
Wouldn't comma.ai intercept cruise signal as well? Do the folks at Z-automotive, you have been working with, know you have that installed? Kind of important information. Much like my Pulsar and TazerDT not playing well since Z-automotive stopped supporting the Pulsar compatibility.

Users who are viewing this thread