5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Julio13

Reaction score
Is there any way to turn on ONLY the turn signals as DRL? I’ve set the turns as DRL, but my white factory LED DRL remain on as well. I can’t seem to find a setting that uses only the turns.
2b885c52fb7b30ca9ada8e55051562ee.jpg

Also, can anyone explain what “Disable Halos” does? I’m not even sure if I have these on my 2020 Laramie...

EDIT for anyone one else as stupid as me :)
The marker lights option on the lights knob starts the white lights as well as DRL, so you need to be on the AUTO setting during the day to get the turn signals only to activate as DRL. No wonder I couldn’t get it at night!
6da916a9e31c4001440c1d36ce6db121.jpg
Did you ever get it figured out would like to know setting to it like the second picture just turn signals as drl

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you ever get it figured out would like to know setting to it like the second picture just turn signals as drl
You can disable the halos. They re called "signature" lighting, and not DRLs. Then use one of the many options to enable amber DRL.

Julio13

Reaction score
You can disable the halos. They re called "signature" lighting, and not DRLs. Then use one of the many options to enable amber DRL.

Ok perfect that’s with the Tazer correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can you turn the signature lighting brighter all the time like this instead of the stock dim setting in daytime?

EA7A1357-A8BA-4282-8C03-153F6E5270E4.jpeg

Dewey

Reaction score
Not that anyone has figured out.
That sucks. Seems all the other vehicles on the road are like that during daytime. RAM just has to be different.🤨

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I apologize for not wanting to read through 50 pages, but is it true that with the Tazer (or any tire calibration tool) if I set my tire size to anything larger than like 34.5” that it’ll turn off my parking sensors? I have a 2019 Bighorn with front & rear sensors that I have turned off 100% of the time anyway and I’m running 37” tires. When you guys say the sensors don’t work with tire sizes above 34ish does it show an error code or anything, or do they simply just not work? Because like I said I have mine turned off 100% of the time so I could care less if it just disabled them, but if it flashes a warning every time that would annoy me. Thanks in advance!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I apologize for not wanting to read through 50 pages, but is it true that with the Tazer (or any tire calibration tool) if I set my tire size to anything larger than like 34.5” that it’ll turn off my parking sensors? I have a 2019 Bighorn with front & rear sensors that I have turned off 100% of the time anyway and I’m running 37” tires. When you guys say the sensors don’t work with tire sizes above 34ish does it show an error code or anything, or do they simply just not work? Because like I said I have mine turned off 100% of the time so I could care less if it just disabled them, but if it flashes a warning every time that would annoy me. Thanks in advance!
Since you have them turned off you won't see it, But if they are in, it will say park sense not available and turn them off automatically

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Since you have them turned off you won't see it, But if they are in, it will say park sense not available and turn them off automatically
Oh ok awesome! That’s good to know for if I eventually calibrate my speedo for the tires lol

Julio13

Reaction score
Does anyone know the factory settings for the Tazer dt when it comes to the drl section is it USA or none and location none or low beam thanks again

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the factory settings for the Tazer dt when it comes to the drl section is it USA or none and location none or low beam thanks again

If you want DRLs, it's USA. Not sure about the other setting. I just ha e DRLs turned off in radio settings, so never really messed with the TazerDT options

Julio13

Reaction score
If you want DRLs, it's USA. Not sure about the other setting. I just ha e DRLs turned off in radio settings, so never really messed with the TazerDT options

Yeah I want to put that section back to stock but don’t remember the settings

Julio13

Reaction score
Ok just emailed with zautomotive and supposedly the stock setting factory truck setting is USA but location never told me anybody with big horn with led package could check their light settings in Tazer if in fact is USA and low beam

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FYI for everyone. ZAutomotive has a new firmware update coming soon (a few days after SEMA is over) that resolves all of the UC5 issues - allegedly bringing full functionality. In addition, there's a new surprise feature that we are all supposedly going to be happy with. Wish I had more info, but it will have to wait until they release the firmware.

Dewey

Reaction score
FYI for everyone. ZAutomotive has a new firmware update coming soon (a few days after SEMA is over) that resolves all of the UC5 issues - allegedly bringing full functionality. In addition, there's a new surprise feature that we are all supposedly going to be happy with. Wish I had more info, but it will have to wait until they release the firmware.
Cool. Glad I waited to buy one. Hopefully new ones already have it installed.

HemiDude

Reaction score
:eek: Surprise!!

titan3636

Reaction score
enable full screen CarPlay on 12" uc4... that's the feature hack we need!! probably nothing taser can do about that tho, that's more of a FCA system update that RAM could easily implement if they wanted to.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s pretty easy to update the firmware from your computer.

HemiDude

Reaction score
The updates are pretty quick and painless, if you see a deal on a Tazer between now and then, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on it

Users who are viewing this thread