5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FYI for everyone. ZAutomotive has a new firmware update coming soon (a few days after SEMA is over) that resolves all of the UC5 issues - allegedly bringing full functionality. In addition, there's a new surprise feature that we are all supposedly going to be happy with. Wish I had more info, but it will have to wait until they release the firmware.
Not sure what the surprise feature would be. I can't say there is anything I wish I had that Tazer doesnt already provide, or I haven't enabled with alfaObd

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure what the surprise feature would be. I can't say there is anything I wish I had that Tazer doesnt already provide, or I haven't enabled with alfaObd
Maybe a magic way to disable MDS??

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One of the guys on the TRX forum appears to know what it is, and I believe it will benefit the TRX as well. So it’s definitely not anything to do with MDS.

HemiDude

Reaction score
One of the guys on the TRX forum appears to know what it is, and I believe it will benefit the TRX as well. So it’s definitely not anything to do with MDS.
Thanks for crushing my dream :ROFLMAO: . Since I already have the Tazer, I'm looking forward to whatever the update is

HemiDude

Reaction score
Or possibly custom Splash Screen or Uconnect screen options?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Or possibly custom Splash Screen or Uconnect screen options?
Being able to do custom splash screens would be cool, but would probably need another creator app to make the splash screens. I have mine set to SPORT right now in the evic display at start up

HemiDude

Reaction score
Being able to do custom splash screens would be cool, but would probably need another creator app to make the splash screens. I have mine set to SPORT right now in the evic display at start up
Mine is Sport as well, I rotate them sometimes when I'm playing in the truck

Dewey

Reaction score
Mine is Sport as well, I rotate them sometimes when I'm playing in the truck
Wish they had one that said Back Country instead of just Bighorn. You would think they would have added that being a somewhat limited special edition.

Do the GT’s have a special splash screen?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wish they had one that said Back Country instead of just Bighorn. You would think they would have added that being a somewhat limited special edition.

They didnt make one for the Built to Serve editions. And that's even more limited.

HemiDude

Reaction score

No GT splash screen either. Seems like there are some (missed) opportunities out there

HemiDude

Reaction score
I suppose the update could be as simple as, "Settings menu can be clearly read in the EVIC" :ROFLMAO:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I suppose the update could be as simple as, "Settings menu can be clearly read in the EVIC" :ROFLMAO:
That should just b a regular issue addressed with the update for the uconnect5. Not a "surprise" feature everyone will like. I could care less how well it works on Uconnect 5

Dewey

Reaction score
It’s pretty easy to update the firmware from your computer.
That’s assuming you have a newer computer. My 7 year old Mac’s can’t be updated to a high enough operating system to work with the Tazer firmware downloader.

titan3636

Reaction score
FYI for everyone. ZAutomotive has a new firmware update coming soon (a few days after SEMA is over) that resolves all of the UC5 issues - allegedly bringing full functionality. In addition, there's a new surprise feature that we are all supposedly going to be happy with. Wish I had more info, but it will have to wait until they release the firmware.
any update on the surprise?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
any update on the surprise?
Last I heard, it was going to be late this week. I guess ZAutomotive wants to make sure everything is ship-shape before they release it (which will include extensive instructions and how-to videos, as I understand it).

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this passed along on the TRX forum.

It's That time Gents, Joe & Mike with Zautomotive have announced the Tazer will have updated Firmware to work with the 2022 & 2023 Ram TRX Uconnect 5 system. There will be a Podcast
release from SEMA mid week.. Check it out..!!
****IN ADDITION**** There has been teasers out there of an additional features being added to the Tazer DT & some of you already know.!! For those that don't the Tazer Will no include an Anti-Theft function. The vehicle will require a Pin to be started. This new function will have a similarity to ILA. If the thief manages to bypass the pin code and is able to get the truck started it will go into a Restricted mode where the truck can not be driven over 15 MPH, The Alarm
will sound & The Light Show will go off. For those worried about theft this device now has you covered in addition to changing DRL Color, Auto Folding Mirrors, Fogs With High Beams & Keeping those Market lights Lit all the time.. Well plus all the other cool features the device is
known to change.. The list goes for days. Hammerbuilt Performance has an Extremely Large shipment in route.. To help our customers that have been anxious for this device to work
with the 2022 & 2023 Uconnect 5 system.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Just saw this passed along on the TRX forum.

It's That time Gents, Joe & Mike with Zautomotive have announced the Tazer will have updated Firmware to work with the 2022 & 2023 Ram TRX Uconnect 5 system. There will be a Podcast
release from SEMA mid week.. Check it out..!!
****IN ADDITION**** There has been teasers out there of an additional features being added to the Tazer DT & some of you already know.!! For those that don't the Tazer Will no include an Anti-Theft function. The vehicle will require a Pin to be started. This new function will have a similarity to ILA. If the thief manages to bypass the pin code and is able to get the truck started it will go into a Restricted mode where the truck can not be driven over 15 MPH, The Alarm
will sound & The Light Show will go off. For those worried about theft this device now has you covered in addition to changing DRL Color, Auto Folding Mirrors, Fogs With High Beams & Keeping those Market lights Lit all the time.. Well plus all the other cool features the device is
known to change.. The list goes for days. Hammerbuilt Performance has an Extremely Large shipment in route.. To help our customers that have been anxious for this device to work
with the 2022 & 2023 Uconnect 5 system.
Like that a lot! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread