5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Jack.

Reaction score
You can use it to switch from the existing, low output white lights and use your amber turn signals instead, and still have them flash when turning or as hazards. That's how I've got it setup.
Do you mind snaping a pics just so i can see what it looks like if its not too much of a bother?

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Do you mind snaping a pics just so i can see what it looks like if its not too much of a bother?
I changed mine to the turn signals for DRL and I love the way it looks. I also turned off the halos cuz it looked kinda dumb. The halos still come on when you switch the headlights on though, just not on with the DRLs.

20210828_075513.jpg

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you have Turn Signals set up to be your DRL through the Tazer?
I have tried so many settings in the Tazer to get my turns as my DRL with no luck.
Sorry, that's not my truck. I just snagged that pic from Google.

HMC8403

Reaction score
Did you make sure to enable DRL in the radio settings menu? Not through the Tazer.
I have been going nuts trying to get the yellow DRL to work, and count the number of restarts I have done.. Just came across this post and learned about then radio setting; they work now. THANKT YOU HSKR. R/T.. I'm so glad that we are all rear ready to help each other.

Roadkng63

Reaction score
Not worth a dang. Still have no sensors. Waiting to hear back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you ever figured out your park sensors? I am having this issue now on my 21 rebel. It was ok with the 35s I gotten 37s and changed tire size and noticed both my front and rear park sense were off I tried turning them on the light just flashed and says unavailable. Just curious if you got it straightened out? Thanks in advance

FuBaR2508

Reaction score
Hey all,
Looking for help with the parking sensor issues. Just got a Tazer DT a few days ago, and everything works great but front and rear sensors are unavailable. Did any of you find a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• PXL_20220109_193514252~3.jpg
    PXL_20220109_193514252~3.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 42

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,
Looking for help with the parking sensor issues. Just got a Tazer DT a few days ago, and everything works great but front and rear sensors are unavailable. Did any of you find a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.
What changes did you make after you installed it?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all,
Did you changed the tire size?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I changed to 35", turned on auto fold, changed DRL and other small changes.
There is a known issue with changing tire size to 35" and the parking sensors not working. Check your speedometer against GPS to verify you actually need it set to 35". With my 275/65/20 tires, which should be 34", I had to change the tire size to 275/60/20 to get speedo to read correctly. But my parking sensors still worked when set to 275/65/20. Could also try using the p-metric size equivalent

FuBaR2508

Reaction score
There is a known issue with changing tire size to 35" and the parking sensors not working. Check your speedometer against GPS to verify you actually need it set to 35". With my 275/65/20 tires, which should be 34", I had to change the tire size to 275/60/20 to get speedo to read correctly. But my parking sensors still worked when set to 275/65/20. Could also try using the p-metric size equivalent
Thanks for the detailed response! I will mess around with the tire sizes after work. Thanks again and hopefully this works🤞🏻🤞🏻

FuBaR2508

Reaction score
So I changed the tire size from 35" to 34". Did a full reboot and 2 sleep cycles and the sensors still show unavailable. Does it take some drive time for the sensors to re-adjust themselves?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I changed the tire size from 35" to 34". Did a full reboot and 2 sleep cycles and the sensors still show unavailable. Does it take some drive time for the sensors to re-adjust themselves?
TPMS sensors?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a new/used TazerDT. Updated firmware and installed it tonught. One of the features I was looking for that my old one had with the beta firmware was the third brake light pulse option. But it's not there. Tried a different firmware version that I know had it, but still not showing up in menu. Any ideas?

Edit: figured it out, truck has to be running to do the third brake light pulse settings which is wired.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread