5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

sawyer84

Reaction score
Okay, the guy from ZAuto text me back and said I could replace the Diablo bypass w/ the DT module, since it's a bypass as well. I'm about to go give it a shot.

@MannyHen I have the InTune i3, so once I loaded the custom tune to the truck via the OBD port, I don't mess with anything. I never heard of operating the Diablo tuner from the CC, unless you are confusing it with the Pulsar. Either way, I appreciate you trying to help.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, the guy from ZAuto text me back and said I could replace the Diablo bypass w/ the DT module, since it's a bypass as well. I'm about to go give it a shot.
Correct, Tazer can be used as a bypass.

@MannyHen I have the InTune i3, so once I loaded the custom tune to the truck via the OBD port, I don't mess with anything. I never heard of operating the Diablo tuner from the CC, unless you are confusing it with the Pulsar. Either way, I appreciate you trying to help.
You're right, I'm confusing it with the Pulsar lol, Sorry.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before taking your truck to the dealer, are you choosing “Unmarry”? I want to make sure I don’t have any warranty issues.

Will I have to change all of the settings back again once I remarry the Tazer to the truck again?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Before taking your truck to the dealer, are you choosing “Unmarry”? I want to make sure I don’t have any warranty issues.

Will I have to change all of the settings back again once I remarry the Tazer to the truck again?
No. You just need to give the witech access to the computer. Just unplugging the Tazer and plugging the SGW module back will be enough.

sawyer84

Reaction score
I searched and didn’t see this was asked. Is it possible to have the Tazer enable the tailgate drop via the key fob, or is there more to it than that?

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC | Black Appearance Package | 3.92 Anti-Spin | DS InTune w/ Jay Greene Custom Tune | B2 Fab. Magnaflow w/ Resonator Delete | S&B CAI | Hellwig Swaybar | 2” Rear Lowering Springs

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I searched and didn’t see this was asked. Is it possible to have the Tazer enable the tailgate drop via the key fob, or is there more to it than that?

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC | Black Appearance Package | 3.92 Anti-Spin | DS InTune w/ Jay Greene Custom Tune | B2 Fab. Magnaflow w/ Resonator Delete | S&B CAI | Hellwig Swaybar | 2” Rear Lowering Springs
No. No such thing in the Tazer...

sawyer84

Reaction score
I know that function isn’t there currently. I was just wondering if it would be possible for the Tazer guys to have that programmed into the Tazer. Again, I’m not sure if it’s as simple as that.

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC | Black Appearance Package | 3.92 Anti-Spin | DS InTune w/ Jay Greene Custom Tune | B2 Fab. Magnaflow w/ Resonator Delete | S&B CAI | Hellwig Swaybar | 2” Rear Lowering Springs | Tazer

ryanJ

Reaction score
Installed the Tazer DT yesterday. Made changes to the tire size, activated the auto open/close mirrors, disabled the panic button and played with the light show for a bit.

Came out this morning and started loading the truck up for a weekend camping trip. Locked and unlocked the doors several times (condo parking lot).

Got in the truck, tried to start it and the push button wouldn't switch from off to ACC. Pressed it several times and the screen flashed "Key FOB not detected" several times fast. When my girlfriend came out to the truck I tried to unlock it, it didn't work so I manually unlocked/opened the door and interior and exterior lights started flashing/flickering. A noise under the hood sounded like the alarm was attempting to go off but the battery was dead. Disconnected the negative battery terminal for ten minutes, when I attempt the reconnect the horn instantly sounds.

I've searched the symptoms and found nothing. Any advice is appreciated.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the Tazer DT yesterday. Made changes to the tire size, activated the auto open/close mirrors, disabled the panic button and played with the light show for a bit.

Came out this morning and started loading the truck up for a weekend camping trip. Locked and unlocked the doors several times (condo parking lot).

Got in the truck, tried to start it and the push button wouldn't switch from off to ACC. Pressed it several times and the screen flashed "Key FOB not detected" several times fast. When my girlfriend came out to the truck I tried to unlock it, it didn't work so I manually unlocked/opened the door and interior and exterior lights started flashing/flickering. A noise under the hood sounded like the alarm was attempting to go off but the battery was dead. Disconnected the negative battery terminal for ten minutes, when I attempt the reconnect the horn instantly sounds.

I'd go back and enable the Panic button bcs that's the only thing that has anything to do with the security system....

mrbullred

Reaction score
Got it installed. So far works as it should. I used it to adjust for tire size and now my speedometer is spot on with my GPS. The only other thing I cared to play with was the light show. Its pretty neat.

After reading some of the folks with dead batteries I'm starting to think I should just unplug it unless I know I want to use the light show.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Sounds like a dead battery.

tac63

Reaction score
Having some issues and just curious if anyone else has had them? Working with Zautomotive on it, though I do wish they had a phone number to call instead of emailing or texting back and forth to explain what is happening. I'm not super hopeful that they will be able to fix the issues, as the first module I got last week was replaced already, and this second one is having the same issues. The reboot has been done 10+ times and probably 20 sleep/wake cycles. 18.01 doesn't marry, 18.03 does marry but has issues.

1. Turn Cam/Navigation in motion. Have the 12" screen, but not the 360 cameras, cargo cameras, front cameras, etc. One shuts the other off...real bummer as I don't have use for most options on the Tazer and really was only interested in these 2, folding mirrors, and lightshow. Are both of these just not going to work together?

2. Lightshow/Lighting Issues - Factory lightshows barely work. Light shows frequently won't start, and screen doesn't update randomly when they are changed. Module many times has to be unplugged between activations, otherwise none of them will turn on. I also created 2 custom shows ( just alternating tail light 2 flash, at slow speed) and find that the flashing is random. Sometimes its fast, sometimes slow, sometimes 1, 2, or 3 flashes. Randomly the other lights also stop working or start flashing. Last night when I attempted it the interior lights started flashing.

3. Random lights stop working when the unit is plugged in. Both the driver's rear tail and passenger front halo have stopped working with it installed. Have to remove unit and restart truck to get it back.

Hate to return it as I do want it to work, but not sure if anyone can help or has similar experiences?

ryanJ

Reaction score
Looks like those of us that got in on the Taser DT group by really got gypped.
They just dropped the price on the website to $130.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like those of us that got in on the Taser DT group by really got gypped.
They just dropped the price on the website to $130.

I see it at $329. I’m assuming they just had a glitch.

RamTrucks

Reaction score
See firmware version 18.0.4 has been released for the Tazer DT. Has anyone installed it yet? Thoughts? Thanks!

sawyer84

Reaction score
@RamTrucks good question! I’d be interested to see if anyone has downloaded this yet, I don’t wanna be the first, lol. Does anyone know what updates it includes?

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn CC | Black Appearance Package | 3.92 Anti-Spin | DS InTune w/ Jay Greene Custom Tune | B2 Fab. Magnaflow w/ Resonator Delete | S&B CAI | Hellwig Swaybar | 2” Rear Lowering Springs | Tazer

mrbullred

Reaction score
You do not.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Just had a chance to read their website and it looks like they say you should....
af71edcb6648b380a209cbc7d8cc2291.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread