5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
Yes the pedal commander does compensate in tow mode. You do have to turn up the pedal commander a built more though.

Dustytrader

Reaction score
I got my Tazer DT yesterday. I already do not like the fact that it doesn't come with instructions, instead leading you to a website. I understand from the instructions to just plug it in and go from there. Why does it come with a USB cable? I do not see anything anywhere regarding the use of the USB cable! Poor instructions in my opinion. I will plug it in soon and see what happens. Does anyone have a video or anything of how things look as you go through the programming?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I got my Tazer DT yesterday. I already do not like the fact that it doesn't come with instructions, instead leading you to a website. I understand from the instructions to just plug it in and go from there. Why does it come with a USB cable? I do not see anything anywhere regarding the use of the USB cable! Poor instructions in my opinion. I will plug it in soon and see what happens. Does anyone have a video or anything of how things look as you go through the programming?
I would imagine that the USB is perhaps for firmware updates. I don't own one but online instructions seem pretty straightforward.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to 2019. Instructions are provided as PDF documents. Digital devices have firmware and change constantly. This makes any printed document outdated. It's easier to update an electronic document.

Quit resisting and go download the manual! It fully explains how to install and program the device. It also explains the use of the free software app to update the firmware and also create a custom light show. The USB cable is used with the PC software.

We'll help if you get hung up on anything. Enjoy!

EXQQQME

Reaction score
What I discovered is that the tazer acts as a gateway bypass for the Obd port. So using a standard Obd reader and the alpha Obd app I was able to enable it. There are so many other settings hidden in our computers like Trac pack mode, and masseratti mode. Not sure what they do and I am not brave enough to be the first to try lol.
Where did you find these "Trac pack mode, and masseratti modes?"
Thanks

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got mine today and started playing around with it .. depending on your state laws, you can do like I tried initially -- say both HI BEAM to on // off // speed 5 // flash 3 times, etc. (My entire rig is LEDs from the factory - minus the 3rd brake light). I saw some LEDs barely flicker, so I knew the system thought it was a BULB or something. I walked through the menus and made sure all were LED and changed the SPEED a bit to my liking. I also enabled the "while in motion" since I am allowed as a first responder. I made a 2nd custom that then alternated the lights. Kinda neat .. just need to locate where the OPEN/CLOSE Windows via Key Fob is :(

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am debating on ordering this tazer dt at some point. Just not sure it'd worth it or not. Between shipping and usd$ to cdn$ conversion this comes to $400cdn. Then add duties to this, probably put me closer to $450cdn that's assuming I'm able to get the group buy discount. (Without I'm looking at $530cdn or so). Is it worth that much? My b2 muffler cost that and it's a whole muffler replacement. For other Canadian members, with group discount what was your total cost and duties when it got across the border.

I'm looking at the features and yes they are useful but most of them are for convenience and some like the light show are a cool gimmick but really once the novelty wears off I'm sure most dont ise the light show. And I'm all for flashy lights.

Folding mirrors - is anyone concerned about the longevity of the mirror motors from the constant folding/unfolding everytime given you turn the truck on and off?

Camera on turning - This would be a decent safety feature although you do have mirrors and blind spot detectors that give you the same outcome. Just not the view from camera but still let you know if someone is back there or not. Also the drawback of it not working with the 12" screen as of yet. I'm sure this can be a firmware fix.

In-nav lockout - a good feature for sure, no complaints with this.

Could this thing be capable of enabling the screens to mirror video from cell phones if you want to watch YouTube/Netflix/Prime etc..? I know there is someone else out there to do all of this, but if the developer wanted to add this later is it possible?

Ok, from what I read you need to hook this up to a computer to enable light show while driving and a few other things from what I gather. Does this work over wifi/bluetooth or does it need to be plugged in. I use my cellphone for everything and I recently just purchased an iPad Air to make surfing and streaming easier. Would I be able to use these? Sold my macbook laptop awhile back therefor I have no actual computer with places to plug in USB cords.

Lots of cool features and some "oh look at that it's cool" features (light show) but that is ALOT of money for convenience. I'd think a $200/250usd price point would be more fair.

I'm def torn with this mod.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score

So you can update firmware ..
So you can use LIVE functions with your tablet ..
So you can program it live with your tablet ..
So you can test your custom light setups by using your tablet touchscreen ..
So you can "DATALOG" while driving ..

I enabled WHILE IN MOTION as well which you need to have the software to do that (well - you may not NEED it, but it sure makes programming everything so much easier).

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got mine installed. Super easy, haven’t actually done anything with it but not expecting an issue. I noticed it immediately kept the same setting (OFF) on my auto start stop.

Edit: got it working, a bit weird at first. But once you understand which buttons and to just hold the left arrow and don’t let go it becomes much easier

Last edited:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm getting a BLUE SCREEN on my camera (even in reverse), so I need to track down if I clicked a setting on accident or unmarry and see if it comes back :eek:

Fogcutter

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in another group buy I'd be interested. I don't know how to set one up so I'll need help.

Dustytrader

Reaction score
For all of you saying how great the instructions are I still think they suck. I’ve plugged it in and can’t get anywhere. And I see no number to call for help. I’m getting mad as hell trying to figure it out

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For all of you saying how great the instructions are I still think they suck. I’ve plugged it in and can’t get anywhere. And I see no number to call for help. I’m getting mad as hell trying to figure it out

When you plugged it in, did the lights flash and what not? It goes through a little setup deal with the lights. They do have a phone number for text only (so it says).

Where are you stuck? There’s probably a YouTube video

^^ here, but you don’t need to press the buttons at the same time. Just continue to hold the left arrow, it doesn’t do anything but allow the cruise buttons to function when you press them for the appropriate actions.

Dustytrader

Reaction score
When you plugged it in, did the lights flash and what not? It goes through a little setup deal with the lights. They do have a phone number for text only (so it says).

Where are you stuck? There’s probably a YouTube video

^^ here, but you don’t need to press the buttons at the same time. Just continue to hold the left arrow, it doesn’t do anything but allow the cruise buttons to function when you press them for the appropriate actions.
The lights flash red and green. Somebody just got a hold of me via email and told me to upload latest version. It come with 18.0.1. Working on that now. Although I plugged it in when I got it to the computer and it said it had the latest version. We shall see

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The lights flash red and green. Somebody just got a hold of me via email and told me to upload latest version. It come with 18.0.1. Working on that now. Although I plugged it in when I got it to the computer and it said it had the latest version. We shall see

I didn’t update mine either, I think it’s that version. So there’s a newer one?

Dustytrader

Reaction score
I didn’t update mine either, I think it’s that version. So there’s a newer one?
Sending it back. It just reads tzdt fail on my screen. I told them to send my money back or send me one with the current updates. Not impressed one bit with this product.

Attachments

• 5FD5EB76-A108-4C0C-BD85-F740E821F6D6.jpeg
    5FD5EB76-A108-4C0C-BD85-F740E821F6D6.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 75

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know I replied on one of these threads about how to update to the latest and gave the link. The instructions don't tell you HOW to set a setting, just how to get to them and what they are.

Latest update is 18.0.3

to be able to USE the TAZER DT:
Display HAS to be on AUDIO
Cruise Control HAS to be on/enabled

WasatchBack

Reaction score
It is a bit frustrating due to sharing buttons with other functionality, and combination of button presses. But that is necessary by design. If you print out, read and highlight the directions VERY carefully, line by line, it does exactly as described. (I'm not 20 either I'm in my 40s) I had to read them 10 or more times but I got the hang of it.

Users who are viewing this thread