5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't ask the right way. In the PC Software there is a list of steps in each custom light show. Going by memory since my laptop is at work but I think that each step had a short default time even if no lights are specified. I had to set each one to 0 or Off (can't remember)...effectively disabling the step. I was setting up a Light Show with all front and side lights on, no flashing but the unused steps still caused it to flash until I disabled them.
That too. Each step of my custom light show defaulted to OFF unless I added a light/step.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That too. Each step of my custom light show defaulted to OFF unless I added a light/step.
Can't recall exactly but it seemed like mine still had a time in each unused step. I'm not sure if the "Off" is just the light selection or defeats the step entirely. That up to the guy that wrote the code. Maybe I'll have some time tomorrow to play with it.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
What happened to CMHSL light in custom shows? I think it disappeared with this update. Or maybe they changed it to 3rd brake instead? Why be inconsistent with naming?

Attachments

• IMG_20190613_100407.jpg
    IMG_20190613_100407.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

pdavey

Reaction score
OK. Completely confused on where you plug in the bypass module in the 2019 with the Uconnect 4C 12 inch display. Definitely not the same as the 8.4. Anyone who has pics or a write up on installation would be appreciated.

Maric550

Reaction score
Installed the tazer dt in my 1500 longhorn worked fine for a day now my backup camera and 360 camera don’t work and now the steering wheel buttons have a lag and sometimes don’t work to turn the song or change the volume also the 12 in screen buttons are very delayed and sometimes doesn’t work Anyone else have this problem and a fix around.... I have unmarried and remarried did a full reboot and also unhooked the battery done it all any suggestions???

whetrick1

Reaction score
Isn't great how a 300.00 dollar toy can cause you such a headache. That's why I returned mine. Too much trouble for the money. I'm just fled I returned mine before the 30 day return policy..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

myram2019

Reaction score
i have not seen any of the problems you guys are having. I have been using for a couple months now. There is a number on the site you can text if you have issues. They get back to you very promptly.
Also are the issues with the old or new update firmware ?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could these issues be 12" related as well? I noticed no difference in functions on my 8.4c.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could these issues be 12" related as well? I noticed no difference in functions on my 8.4c.

I'm glad you pointed that out - I've been following along and noticed there's a high correlation of 12" screen setups having issues w/the T.DT , pretty rare with the 8.4" Screens

Maric550

Reaction score
Isn't great how a 300.00 dollar toy can cause you such a headache. That's why I returned mine. Too much trouble for the money. I'm just fled I returned mine before the 30 day return policy..

Im starting to think the same thing!! Why can’t mine work flawless like others on here??!!?

whetrick1

Reaction score
Im starting to think the same thing!! Why can’t mine work flawless like others on here??!!?

The one I got gave me trouble from the start. Updated it and it still didn't help returned it before the return time ran out and just as happy without it. Saving up a little more money and get a Diablo Tuner.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In regards to the update V18.0.3; I'm seeing V18.0.1 - did 18.0.3 roll back?

*EDIT* Verified by checking the light show configuration; this unit still has CHMSL as an option (and as seen in a previous post, the naming was changed?)

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same problems with the 12" screen and 360 cameras. I unmarried and reset... Guess it is just a chunk of plastic until they do an update that works with the 12" screen. Folowing this post to see if anyone has had good luck with the 12" screen and the Tazer DT.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have not seen any of the problems you guys are having. I have been using for a couple months now. There is a number on the site you can text if you have issues. They get back to you very promptly.
Also are the issues with the old or new update firmware ?
Which software version do you have? Mine also disabled all the cameras....

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone been in for service with the DT installed... or is it suggested that it be unmarried for service work?

Saints

Reaction score
I had the same problems with the 12" screen and 360 cameras. I unmarried and reset... Guess it is just a chunk of plastic until they do an update that works with the 12" screen. Folowing this post to see if anyone has had good luck with the 12" screen and the Tazer DT.
I have the 12” and do not have any problems with it. I did have a hell of a time setting it up and it was making my cameras turn off, but once I set it up correctly there has been no issues since.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have had mine installed since the first group buy and have a 12" screen. ZERO issues and works great so unclear as to why others are having a problem. I even uninstalled it for my recall update and the reinstalled and all of the programming I did remained intact. I was very impressed to say the least.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
Same here no issues with 12” setup...

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had mine installed since the first group buy and have a 12" screen. ZERO issues and works great so unclear as to why others are having a problem. I even uninstalled it for my recall update and the reinstalled and all of the programming I did remained intact. I was very impressed to say the least.
Did you just yank it out, or unmarry it as well?

Users who are viewing this thread