5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TAZER DT for 2019 RAM 1500

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d like to see the ability to use the gear +- selector buttons to actually select a specific gear and not just limit the highest gear.

If it had that and Pulsar compatibility I’d be a buyer.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d like to see the ability to use the gear +- selector buttons to actually select a specific gear and not just limit the highest gear.

If it had that and Pulsar compatibility I’d be a buyer.
All the vehicles I've owned that have paddle shifters to select a specific gear would downshift automatically to avoid drivetrain damage anyways. They where effectively "gear limiters" as well. My Jeep would hold 2nd gear but it was low enough to use from a dead stop. Anything higher than 2nd couldn't be selected unless you were above certain speeds. The Rev limiter prevents damage from going too fast in a lower gear and automatic downshift prevents extreme lugging at low RPM.

Gear Limit is similar but downshifts at normal points instead of at the point of lugging. There is no reason to lug a vehicle. It's hard on everything and serves no purpose.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone please elaborate about the "enable aux switches on radio" feature?
You can designate the CRUISE control buttons on the right side of the steering wheel a[...]
I believe that is referred to as “remap” which is different from the AUX Buttons . [...]

So not to muddy the waters further, I thought it referred to these aux switches, which are available for Ram?

Has anyone tried this (and by chance, the AUX Camera input?)

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All the vehicles I've owned that have paddle shifters to select a specific gear would downshift automatically to avoid drivetrain damage anyways. They where effectively "gear limiters" as well. My Jeep would hold 2nd gear but it was low enough to use from a dead stop. Anything higher than 2nd couldn't be selected unless you were above certain speeds. The Rev limiter prevents damage from going too fast in a lower gear and automatic downshift prevents extreme lugging at low RPM.

Gear Limit is similar but downshifts at normal points instead of at the point of lugging. There is no reason to lug a vehicle. It's hard on everything and serves no purpose.
I appreciate your input but there are circumstances where this feature could be very useful. Here’s one example but there are many more.

Towing my travel trailer in the mountains on an uphill grade (happens frequently for me) maintaining speed fine but if I need to accelerate for any reason the transmission downshifts. Fine, no problem so far. Now go back to maintaining the previous speed. Problem is the transmission will not up shift until you’re over the top of the mountain. Not even if you let up on the throttle momentarily. Really annoying to go all that way at high rpms that aren’t necessary to maintain speed.

That extra bit of control would sure come in handy!

Last edited:

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate your input but there are circumstances where this feature could be very useful. Here’s one example but there are many more.

Towing my travel trailer in the mountains on an uphill grade (happens frequently for me) maintaining speed fine but if I need to accelerate for any reason the transmission downshifts. Fine, no problem so far. Now go back to maintaining the previous speed. Problem is the transmission will not up shift until you’re over the top of the mountain. Not even if you let up on the throttle momentarily. Really annoying to go all that way at high rpms that aren’t necessary to maintain speed.

That extra bit of control would sure come in handy!
Haven't encountered that situation towing but my trailer is only 4500 lbs and hills in my area are not tall or steep. I'm perplexed why it won't shift back to the previous gear if the speed and grade haven't changed from before. Maybe Z-Auto can do something. Not sure if they read this thread. I know they have a FB Page and Group where you can make suggestions.

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
I'm just hoping they can make this compatible with the Pulsar.

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm just hoping they can make this compatible with the Pulsar.
~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I've been running both together for several months. If you make all your Vehicle setting before installing the Pulsar, everything works. The Live Settings assigned to cruise buttons work fine also (Line Lock, Fast Idle, or whatever you want to assign). The Live Settings menus aren't usable but, apart from the 0-60 timer, there's nothing I need in the menus. It'll be nice when it's fixed but I don't regret the purchase as is. It's field upgradable so I'll flash it when a fix comes out.

93CBRA

Reaction score
If you guys do a group buy PM if you can, I don't always get notifications on this thread and wouldn't want to miss out. I'd be in for sure!

93CBRA

Reaction score
I can't wait until either Diablo or HP Tuners figures out how to crack these. We'll start to see some crazy builds then. I'm personally hoping to get an Edelbrock E-Force kit once she's paid off.
The Diablo's are out now.

Users who are viewing this thread