5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taser DT group buy - UPDATED NOV-12-2020 WITH COUPON CODE

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
Installed very easily, no hiccups what so ever. Light show is perfect for my work application (Also pretty co to show off) and working on custom shows. Auto fold mirrors work perfectly.
One thing I noticed, sometime when I start the truck the screen is black but I just push home or anything and it comes back right away 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reaction score
Installed very easily, no hiccups what so ever. Light show is perfect for my work application (Also pretty co to show off) and working on custom shows. Auto fold mirrors work perfectly.
One thing I noticed, sometime when I start the truck the screen is black but I just push home or anything and it comes back right away 🤷🏻‍♂️
Good to hear, I plan on installing mine tomorrow. Hope to have some fun with it

Reaction score
Well gang I got my Tazer DT in today and played around with it for awhile. Here are somethings I took notice to.

- DRL dropout only works if your using the headlights as your daytime running lights. I myself have turned the headlights by selecting none. Now just my top and bottom LED white strips are on (I know light locations vary on models) I have the Sport.

- Window roll up and down feature. I was told and under the impression that the truck needs to be on or running for the windows to work with the remote. Well my windows will roll up and down just by the remote, no turning truck on. I can wake up, look out my window and roll them down with the clicks of the remote. I love the fact it works like this, makes this a useable feature. Otherwise if you had to put truck on run mode inside truck then why not hit the window button. So I love this feature.

- I made a custom light show which I will upload on this post. I noticed when the truck is off that the headlights are at some lower power. But when the truck is running the headlights that flash are bright again. Maybe something to do with he speed I have them at maybe, as other light shows with the truck off the headlights are at full power. Not a big deal tho.

The manual says during navigation to get out of the menu quickly and safely you hit “left arrow and RES button” that does not work for me. I have to hit the cancel cruise button and the menu goes off.

Other then some of those things I notice, man I am already loving this unit. So many useful features. I have change my DRL light location, turn auto fold mirror on, changed splash screen to 1500 (was SPORT), navigation override. Turncam (works on 12” screen), changed tire size, turn foglight drop out off, shut of seatbelt ding. Super easy setup, the marrying process went without a hitch. Man this thing is awesome!!

Pictures show where I installed the unit (I put velcro on the unit and stuck it to the metal support), both my light shows which are very basic and just white strobe effects which is what I want and a video of one of my light shows.

Video (custom #2)

F090FBD8-BFF7-4C76-BD9C-6B6D3F880D69.png
742A05E3-4A8D-4FC8-A816-AA0ECC2396EA.png F1A8B142-DF03-4749-9262-8B94D1EAD686.jpeg B8077FD0-0DC2-4C89-9BFF-FC2B7D0F7C28.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes until Nov 30th.

Email the company with the email you are going to pay with. They will let you know when your added. Then you checkout on the webpage and enter the coupon code provided in my first post.

bwsall

Reaction score
I just ordered my Tazer DT Monday, and missed this coupon code! I wish I had seen this before I ordered so I could register my email address. Oh well...

My Tazer has shipped and arrives Friday. Mainly ordered it for changing my tire size and the power fold mirrors when turning the truck off. Might play around with a few of the other features.

New Truck 5.jpg

Reaction score
I just ordered my Tazer DT Monday, and missed this coupon code! I wish I had seen this before I ordered so I could register my email address. Oh well...

My Tazer has shipped and arrives Friday. Mainly ordered it for changing my tire size and the power fold mirrors when turning the truck off. Might play around with a few of the other features.

View attachment 74869

Maybe shoot them an email with your order number and email address. Tell them you didn't realize there is a group buy. It's good until Nov 30th.

Worth a shot.

HMC8403

Reaction score
I was out of the country and returned just in time to play the order. I'm still waiting for my 2021 Lemon replacement to use this on.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Today I watched a video on you-tube by Tavarish and he talked about the Carley. I wonder how the Carly OBD performs compared with the Taser? it seems very easy to use and the customizations seem large. The price is awesome ~$80.00
I watched these vid's. The second one with Tavarish is great entertainment.
I wonder what your thoughts are on Carly especially if you own a Taser.

Last edited:

chrisfuss

Reaction score
I have a used, unmarried Tazer for sale if anyone is interested.

chrisfuss

Reaction score
How much?

Curious why you are selling it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
275$ shipped

i sold my RAM and got a F350 7.3 gas we got an airstream during the summer and needed more payload. But I’m not towing nearly enough to justify a diesel and Ford had the better gas engine offering in HD trucks with the 7.3l

anthgulla

Reaction score
275$ shipped

i sold my RAM and got a F350 7.3 gas we got an airstream during the summer and needed more payload. But I’m not towing nearly enough to justify a diesel and Ford had the better gas engine offering in HD trucks with the 7.3l
If 1500DFW doesn’t take it. I may be interested if you can ship to Canada

1500DFW

Reaction score
If 1500DFW doesn’t take it. I may be interested if you can ship to Canada

You go ahead. Looking at the Xmas budget I’m not gonna be able to buy it anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Why are you selling yours?
Where in AZ are you?
Not using it anymore. I only used it for the Bypass really :D
Bought a new bypass cable for $25 so I don't need it anymore.
I bought it originally to change the splash screen theme because I had the 8.4 nav, I now have the 12" radio that don't have this issue of reverting back to default.
Can meet around the Phoenix metro area. Chandler, Tempe, Scottsdale, Mesa...

Users who are viewing this thread