5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taser DT group buy - UPDATED NOV-12-2020 WITH COUPON CODE

Reaction score
NEW INFO: OK EVERYONE THE DISCOUNT CODE IS ---- TZDT50 --

FOR THOSE WHO WERE NOT ON THE ORGINAL LIST. YOU CAN STILL GET IN ON THE GROUP BUY UNTIL NOVEMBER 30TH,2020. YOU CAN EMAIL THEM DIRECTLY AND TELL THEM YOU'D LIKE TO DISCOUNT CODE FOR THE 5THGENRAM COUPON CODE AND THEY WILL ADD YOUR EMAIL.

EMAIL THEM AT: [email protected]

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR MAKING THIS HAPPEN SO QUICKLY AND FOR PROVIDING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESSES IN A TIMELY MATTER. GLAD WE COULD MAKE THIS WORK

*** I will keep editing the list in this 1st post as I get emails from members who want to purchase, once we hit 10 members I can contact ZAUTOMOTIVE for the discount code. Please be patient as this may take some time especially with the recent issues with the forum being down. Thank You**

Anyone interested in a group buy for the Tazer DT?

-- Need 10 people.
-- $50us savings.

Need the email you plan on using to make payment with from the site. Once I get 10 people and the associated emails they will send me the discount codes for check out.

If you don't want your email on the forum. Just PM me with it. I need to provide it to Zautomotive once we reach our 10 people.

Let's do this!!!

1) 19BlueStreakSport
2) MajorMalfunction
3) fire_mike
4) DavianS
5) GermanDreams
6) Scottyhdbraun
7) Mother
8) Nozzleman
9) Sdlopez83
10) HMC840
11) cbraun81
12) 2021NightEdition1500

Last edited:

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
How much total with shipping... ? I’m leaning towards ‘needing’ a tazer.

MajorMalfunction

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a group buy for the Tazer DT?

-- Need 10 people.
-- $50us savings.

Need the email you plan on using to make payment with from the site. Once I get 10 people and the associated emails they will send me the discount codes for check out.

If you don't want your email on the forum. Just PM me with it. I need to provide it to Zautomotive once we reach our 10 people.

Let's do this!!!

1) 19BlueStreakSport (me)
bradlkerby at yahoo dot com

Reaction score
How much total with shipping... ? I’m leaning towards ‘needing’ a tazer.

I'm not sure what shipping cost is. Everyone's totals will be different due to location.

According to their website.

--Domestic (within US) $8.95

-- International shipping for those of us in Canada is $24.95 and all other countries $38. (Not including any taxes or duties your country imposes)

You can do a checkout on www.zautomotive.com to get an idea on cost and just take $50 off for the discount.

starbai

Reaction score
Woudl really like to get in on this but apparently no support for 2020 yet on their website.

Reaction score
Count me in on this . Hope we get 10 soon - I want to buy it now! 😂

mike-montgomery at live dot com

Me as well, I just found out from them that the camera on with signal works with the 12" screen. Only thing is if your have surround camera (front camera) that is the one it picks. Since I only have backup camera that is the one that will come on.

Well I'm sure we will get 10 ppl just a matter of time. I know there has been a few group buys but there are lots of members here.

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
I've been eyeing this for a year, but the price threw me off. I do have have a few questions though. How do you update it? Does it have to be uninstalled for service?

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking about jumping in on this. I have the Alpha but I've been racking my brain for adding strobes for work and going this light show route may be the most cost effective and best on a Limited.

Questions though.

Does the truck have to be on for the lightshow to stay on (I leave the truck parked and off so would be nice to have the lights going)?

Does anyone know if you can activate the Regen active notice on the cluster for EcoDiesels?

Reaction score
I've been eyeing this for a year, but the price threw me off. I do have have a few questions though. How do you update it? Does it have to be uninstalled for service?

You would need to download the APP from their website and then download the software updates.. I have provided you with a few links.

Instruction Manual

Firmware Information

Software Program (to do firmware upgrades)

As for your second question, that is totally up to you if you want to uninstall it for service. Me personally, because the vehicle is still under warranty I would want to unmarry it from the truck and put the plugs back into the correct location (SGW module). Although the company does recommend unmarrying the unit for service, they say it SHOULD be but they do not say it has to be.

Hey guys, I'm thinking about jumping in on this. I have the Alpha but I've been racking my brain for adding strobes for work and going this light show route may be the most cost effective and best on a Limited.

Questions though.

Does the truck have to be on for the lightshow to stay on (I leave the truck parked and off so would be nice to have the lights going)?

Does anyone know if you can activate the Regen active notice on the cluster for EcoDiesels?

Please see links provided in this post, they will explain everything.

Quick response. The truck does not need to be on for the lightshow to work.

As for your second question, I do not see an option in the mnaul for this. I suggest emailing the company to confirm.

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
You would need to download the APP from their website and then download the software updates.. I have provided you with a few links.

Instruction Manual

Firmware Information

Software Program (to do firmware upgrades)

As for your second question, that is totally up to you if you want to uninstall it for service. Me personally, because the vehicle is still under warranty I would want to unmarry it from the truck and put the plugs back into the correct location (SGW module). Although the company does recommend unmarrying the unit for service, they say it SHOULD be but they do not say it has to be.

Please see links provided in this post, they will explain everything.

Quick response. The truck does not need to be on for the lightshow to work.

As for your second question, I do not see an option in the mnaul for this. I suggest emailing the company to confirm.
Thanks! Just read it and it's a little unclear about the ignition/run (engine off) and lightshow mode working but assuming since you can do it from the keyfob it should work.

I'm in. What do I need to do?

Reaction score
Thanks! Just read it and it's a little unclear about the ignition/run (engine off) and lightshow mode working but assuming since you can do it from the keyfob it should work.

I'm in. What do I need to do?

I've watch a few youtube videos and they were running the lightshow from the key fob with the lights off and truck off. But if your unsure I would email them to double check.

One feature I find useless, and it's probably a restriction with the truck itself. The window roll down feature only works with the truck on accessory, which to me is pointless. If I am in the truck turning the ignition on, why not just use the window buttons lol. I used to have an aftermarket alarm that would roll my windows up and down and my sunroof open and close without needing the vehicle on at all. But of course this is because it's wired into the vehicle differently to allow power to be on all the time. Again, this probably isn't a ZAUTOMOTIVE programming issue, but the limitations of how it works with the truck. No important to me, therefore not a deal breaker.

All I need is for you to provide me with your email. It can be in PM or like the other have done and post it here in letter format. If you type in [email protected] for your email you may get spam from random bots. So you should put your email in this format on the form test at test dot come so they bots can't pickup on the email..

Users who are viewing this thread