5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taser DT group buy - UPDATED NOV-12-2020 WITH COUPON CODE

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had mine for nearly a year and aside from needing a firmware update to get it to marry properly, its been great.

Their support was top notch and I sent several emails, a phone call and some videos to get the problem worked out. Hopefully that saved many others the same issue with 18.0.1

Reaction score
I’m down my email is [email protected]
I’m also a newbie what do I need to do next lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello,

I responded to your PM.

You need to email the company and tell them you want in on the group buy. They will let you know once your email is added. The code will not work until your email is submitted to the company.

Reaction score
Crappy part is mine will be here tomorrow, but truck needs to go to dealer for issues with codes after disconnecting battery. So no point marrying and unmarrying for a few days of fun. So looks like next weekend I'll be enjoying the Tazer.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tazer will let you clear the codes, if thats all the issue is.

Reaction score
The tazer will let you clear the codes, if thats all the issue is.
Thanks but unfortunately it's more then just that. The engine light isn't on, these are other types of codes. Does that Tazer tell you what the codes are?

Happened after I disconnected my battery when installing my Vararam. All these codes came up and since then my tire monitor has been telling me at random that there is an issue with my tire pressures on random positions. First it was my front left and not my right rear. Really weird issues.

Anyhow I already have a really good bluetooth code reader, it's the BlueDriver.

20201115_113548.jpg

GermanDreams

Reaction score
Ordered Placed ! Just a heads up, I talked with Zautotech about enabling the OEM bed lights and this is something that is currently being tested. They said be on the look out for it in future firmware updates.

MajorMalfunction

Reaction score
Two emails and a text over the last 4 days and they still haven’t added my correct email to the list. I’m annoyed.

Reaction score
Two emails and a text over the last 4 days and they still haven’t added my correct email to the list. I’m annoyed.
Very strange, so many members on here that were not part of the group buy have had there emails added and purchased already. Sorry your having so many difficulties. I have emailed them on your behalf as well to get it straightened out. Hopefully they get it fixed by tomorrow.

Reaction score
Well look what arrived today, not I won't be doing anything with it until the weekend as my truck is going in on Friday for those error codes. Until then it will have to sit in the box.

20201117_023918.jpg

20201117_023938.jpg

TXAG07

Reaction score
I really want one of these but am concerned with warranty. I bought extended too because of all the crazy electronics on these trucks....which the taser does manipulate. Should I be concerned?

Reaction score
I really want one of these but am concerned with warranty. I bought extended too because of all the crazy electronics on these trucks....which the taser does manipulate. Should I be concerned?

The company says when the Tazer is unmarried from the truck, that is leaves no trace of ever being installed.

But if your still concerned and want a more concrete answer I suggest emailing the company and get the answer right from the source.

I also purchased the extended warranty and I'm not too concerned. I waited for awhile to get one of these. I don't really so many threads about the Taser causing issues.

ZAutomotive that makes the Tazer suggest unmarrying the unit when you take the vehicle in for service and then when you get it back you just re-marrying the unit to your truck until the next time it needs to go to the dealer.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread