5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate light bar

Ijlukaa

Reaction score
so Putco blade or opt7
and please tell me your reasoning debating between the two on which to get
and if anyone knows or has seen them side by side if one is brighter than the other

the benefits of each for me are
Putco Blade- Apparantly no delay

Opt7- Sequential Turn SIgnal

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I was worried about the delay but after putting it on it’s a non-issue. Truth is I don’t get to see it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brawler1588

Reaction score
I agree, the sequential signals make up for it really looks good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your kidding right ?
a little low in the center

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

No I am not when you look at it on a 32 inch screen you get to really see everything not a 5 inch screen of a cell phone and the OP thought it was too and he is happy with it.

U

User_21361

Has anyone installed the 18" split bar from Putco? I was hoping to go the vled LPR route, but the rubbing is a no go for me. The extra visibility with the brake lights is intriguing .

Also, if anyone can post more pics of the revser lights it would be much appreciated. (of any tailgate bar). If the visibility doesn't drastically improve when backing up, then this wont work either.

U

User_21361

Just installed an OPT7 and I like the look! For those wondering, this doesn't do much for changing visibility while in reverse. It will add light at a far distance and that's about it. The bumper blocks the light from helping visibility in the first 10' f on the back of the truck. Not unhelpful, but certainly not the improvement I was hoping for. Back to the drawing board

Talon Nelson

Reaction score
Just installed an OPT7 and I like the look! For those wondering, this doesn't do much for changing visibility while in reverse. It will add light at a far distance and that's about it. The bumper blocks the light from helping visibility in the first 10' f on the back of the truck. Not unhelpful, but certainly not the improvement I was hoping for. Back to the drawing board

Just got to put a light bar below your bumper I guess sorry it didn’t go as planned

brawler1588

Reaction score
Haha the thought did cross my mind...
Like mine......
3dd5d4f933534b89dc6b5f2c3a9acf96.jpg
443fa8d4fc79e68527477e249b602459.jpg

Talon Nelson

Reaction score
I have did you see my post on my hood lights...

I did! Those look sick. Making me feel guilty about not doing anything to mine. Yet again I’ve had mine in the shop for awhile lol. I’ll keep people updated on mine. Got a good feeling it’s gonna live up to my expectations

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So after reading this whole thread I decided I don’t like the delay of the Opt7 and read the the Putco 60 has caused some scraping issues on the tailgate. Also al the spacers and such to get them both lined up just right. I went ahead and ordered the Putco 92009-18 made specifically for the 19 Ram, not sure how I feel about a split bar but we’ll see. I’ll post back once I get it and if I even bother to install it.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just finished install on the Putco 92009-18 using the Putco wiring harness 529004. Took about 45 minutes with the bulk of the time making sure that both bars were centered off the license plate. Looks pretty good and best part no delay on the blinkers.

V8Spock

Reaction score
Awesome! Could you post a photo or video of the new split bar?

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome! Could you post a photo or video of the new split bar?
I don’t know how to do video as of now but I’ll see if I can snap a pic or two and google how to post videos. I must say it looks really good at night, very pleased.

BlckDT

Reaction score
I don’t know how to do video as of now but I’ll see if I can snap a pic or two and google how to post videos. I must say it looks really good at night, very pleased.
I would love a few images and also drop a video of you figure that out. I have these in the cart on the Putco website. Just didn’t know how it will look split.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online