5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sway Bar Link Pins/Bushing upgrade for 2019-2022 Ram 1500

Doc33

Reaction score
Well I ordered the extended ones and will see how they are when they come in. Changed sway bar bushings already and still have the clunk in front end like others have reported.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I ordered the extended ones and will see how they are when they come in. Changed sway bar bushings already and still have the clunk in front end like others have reported.
Hopefully these will take care of your clunk issue. Report back after install.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Thanks for this post! Getting a knocking noise over bumps too, got under the truck yesterday, and saw one of my bushings was shot (could tell visually it was that bad).

Going to go route of these end links and replace bushings. Anyone find any greasable bushings? Wondering if these would work (not the end links, just sway bar bushings).

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for this post! Getting a knocking noise over bumps too, got under the truck yesterday, and saw one of my bushings was shot (could tell visually it was that bad).

Going to go route of these end links and replace bushings. Anyone find any greasable bushings? Wondering if these would work (not the end links, just sway bar bushings).

Those end links won't work for your Ram. And make sure the bushings are the right size

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Those end links won't work for your Ram. And make sure the bushings are the right size
Thanks, but as mentioned, I am not looking at these end links. Looking at the sway bar bushing/bracket only. I am adding SuspensionMAXX end links (that is what I meant in my post by saying "going with these end links"). These are 36mm bushings, I guess I just need to measure the bracket. Just curious if anyone knows of a set that is serviceable without guess work.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Those are the bushings I used and they have performed perfect so far. Much cheaper on Amazon (link below).

Energy Suspension 5.5160G 36mm Front Sway Bar Bushing Set https://a.co/d/hwKzsvG

EDIT: These are not greasable but I haven't had any squeaking whatsoever for a year.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Those are the bushings I used and they have performed perfect so far. Much cheaper on Amazon (link below).

Energy Suspension 5.5160G 36mm Front Sway Bar Bushing Set https://a.co/d/hwKzsvG
Those are the same mines I am using. They fit inside the factory sway bar mounts so not greaseable, but the sway bar bushings aren't something that needs greased frequently. Plusz most people aren't using the proper silicone grease, poly bushings need, in a grease gun anyways. Take them back off once a year and add more silicone grease.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are the same mines I am using. They fit inside the factory sway bar mounts so not greaseable, but the sway bar bushings aren't something that needs greased frequently. Plusz most people aren't using the proper silicone grease, poly bushings need, in a grease gun anyways. Take them back off once a year and add more silicone grease.
Lol, I just edited my post to mention the same.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, super easy to remove four bolts and re-grease.

Bubs Ram

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just found this thread because I also have the pop/clunk when hitting bumps. I read through the thread and may do the links, but wanted to start with the bushings since they are cheaper and if it fixes my issue, I will hold off on the links.

I am a little confused because there are two different bushings listed by the same manufacturer, Energy Suspension 5.5160R (red bushings) from earlier in the thread and Energy Suspension 5.5160G (black bushings) from later in the thread. Are they the same bushing just different color? The black bushing is currently $9.50 cheaper on Amazon so if they are the same I will go with that one.

Thanks

Vulpes

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just found this thread because I also have the pop/clunk when hitting bumps. I read through the thread and may do the links, but wanted to start with the bushings since they are cheaper and if it fixes my issue, I will hold off on the links.

I am a little confused because there are two different bushings listed by the same manufacturer, Energy Suspension 5.5160R (red bushings) from earlier in the thread and Energy Suspension 5.5160G (black bushings) from later in the thread. Are they the same bushing just different color? The black bushing is currently $9.50 cheaper on Amazon so if they are the same I will go with that one.

Thanks
The color doesn't matter, just personal preference. Our sway bars are 36mm. Good luck with your sway bar!

This Energy Suspension part is what is currently on my 2019 Rebel:
  • Product ID: 5.5160 (R or G is OK)
  • Product Name: Front Sway Bar and Endlink Bushings - 36mm (1.41 inch)
Try disconnecting your links and drive it around the block and see if the clunk goes away. It's a quick way to test it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks
They will both work. Most people choose based on visual color without really knowing the difference. The red bushings are a little harder and more prone for squeaking down the road. The black ones are slightly softer and won't squeak as much. Both require silicone lubricant. They come with a small tube that works for install, but you will need to buy more for maintenance on them. Regular grease out of a grease gun you will use on ball joints and stuff will degrade the poly over time

Bubs Ram

Reaction score
They will both work. Most people choose based on visual color without really knowing the difference. The red bushings are a little harder and more prone for squeaking down the road. The black ones are slightly softer and won't squeak as much. Both require silicone lubricant. They come with a small tube that works for install, but you will need to buy more for maintenance on them. Regular grease out of a grease gun you will use on ball joints and stuff will degrade the poly over time
Thanks HSKR R/T for the information. I ordered the black ones.

outdoor7or24

Reaction score
Has anyone tried any grease on the factory sway bar bushings (rubber) to see if that helps?

Georgf

Reaction score
Can anyone say is bushing type the same as on DS Rams 2008+?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been having a squeaking nose on one side of my suspension for about a year. Seems somewhat temp specific but becomes pretty annoying. It sounds like rubber or a squeaky spring.

Took to my dealer who said to replace the sway bar, links, upper CA, tie rod, and lower CA... To the tune of $3200. Seems to me it could be something as simple as the sway bar bar bushing given the type of noise. I've tried spraying a silicone lube into the control arm pivot points but it didn't silence it.

Thoughts?

The ones used on the thread accept the stock clamps?

Users who are viewing this thread